• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Epona in This Game Related to OoT Epona?

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
I found it interesting that you have Epona from the very start in this and not only that but you can name her whatever you want.

That suggests to me that Link has had her since she was a foal. How can this be?

Well maybe the Link in OoT and MM had a child and likewise for the Epona in this game, and he simply passed down Epona child to him or her. Then Link's child passed down the child of Epona's child and so on for about 100 years untill we get to TP Link and TP Epona.

It is possible, I think that it is most likely as Epona is of the same breed of OoT's Epona and has the same genetics (e.g. Brown fur/hair and a White mane).

Also with the name Epona it is most likely that it has been passed down along with the her. I am guessing that each of OoT Links decendants (sp?) pass down their horse to their children until it reached TP Link, Its just that we don't know about Link's parent in TP so I'm guessing there is a much more valid theory.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I don't think it necessarily has to be a blood relative of the OoT Epona. Yes, there's the similar appearance and name, but we have similar appearances and names for many other characters in Zelda games that aren't necessarily related either.

Outside of in-game storylines and the like, I think it's just one of those characterisitcs they seem to enjoy giving to the Zelda titles to have them feel familiar to each other more than anything.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
It is possible, I think that it is most likely as Epona is of the same breed of OoT's Epona and has the same genetics (e.g. Brown fur/hair and a White mane).

Also with the name Epona it is most likely that it has been passed down along with the her. I am guessing that each of OoT Links decendants (sp?) pass down their horse to their children until it reached TP Link, Its just that we don't know about Link's parent in TP so I'm guessing there is a much more valid theory.
But you also have to consider the fact that this is Zelda, and throughout the series there have been many character with the same looks and names, there's 3 Malons for instance, OOT, FSA, and MC.

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
I don't think it necessarily has to be a blood relative of the OoT Epona. Yes, there's the similar appearance and name, but we have similar appearances and names for many other characters in Zelda games that aren't necessarily related either.

Outside of in-game storylines and the like, I think it's just one of those characterisitcs they seem to enjoy giving to the Zelda titles to have them feel familiar to each other more than anything.

I wasn't really think it for that reason. I was thinking it because we know this game take place a while after OoT and MM and Link own's Epona right from the start.

The fact the she look's the same, and had the same name had nothing to do with it.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Ocarina of Time's Epona looks like a common Quarter Horse to me.

Twilight Princess' Epona looks more like a Belgian or Clydesdale cross - she's very big and stocky, looks like she's got a bit of one of the draft breeds in her.

I think it is mostly a naming/similiar character convention "running theme" kind of thing with Nintendo, but I can also see TP's Epona as being descended from OoT's Epona, the first Epona's decendents being passed around, bought, sold, bred until, by chance, one little filly was bought by Ordona Ranch to eventually become trained, ridden and the property of a certain boy -rancher.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Simple. Yes i think tp epona is related to oot/mm epona. they're both obviously the same breed, color, taco type ect. and also i think that tp epona is oot/mm epona. But just reincarnated into a new life like most of the links.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I found it interesting that you have Epona from the very start in this and not only that but you can name her whatever you want.

That suggests to me that Link has had her since she was a foal. How can this be?

Well maybe the Link in OoT and MM had a child and likewise for the Epona in this game, and he simply passed down Epona child to him or her. Then Link's child passed down the child of Epona's child and so on for about 100 years untill we get to TP Link and TP Epona.

Doesn't Epona belong to the girl from Ordon Village?

Zarom

The King
I always tought Epona was somewhat related to OOT/MM Epona. She really looks like her, she has the same color, she responds to the ''Epona's song''. I just think that TP Epona is the descendant of the original Epona. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom