• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game?

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• It is not the best but neither the worst game in the series

• Total voters
I think that SS Was a very good game. A few things I didn't like in it but otherwise really close to my top Zelda games.

I disagree with you in every way. SS is my favorite game of all time. The controls, the art style, the music, the story, everything. Amazing.

Skyward Sword: Good or Bad?

So I've noticed a lot of people really liked Skyward Sword, but there also seems to be a fair number of people who thought it was a disappointment.
I personally think it wasn't as good as it should have been considering they had five years to work on it, but it was still a good game. Good enough that I've played 93 hours of it, beaten it twice, and gotten 100%.

What do you think, fellow Zelda fans? Was it really a disappointment, or an excellent game?

I would have to say that Skyward Sword was the most disappointing Zelda game. I am not saying it was bad(and definitely not the worst), it just didn't excite me or have the same effect as some other Zelda games had. I didn't love the motion controls (not saying they are bad, just didn't like them) and a good portion of the characters. Some music was good, other parts were just awful. It took FOREVER before it felt like the game had truly started and many parts of the game just left me feeling bored. I must admit, I was SHOCKED when I heard some people say that Skyward Sword was their favorite game of the series and the best Zelda game out there. Although I strongly respect their opinions, to me, it did not even come close to besting Ocarina of Time.

Exactly what he said plus...

I wanted more from it overall. Every element of SS left me thinking 'is that it' especially when i learnt how to use the sword and shield. I thought i was missing something and waited for something more to be given to me during the game like TP's hidden skills but nothing like that made an appearance. Looking back at TP and then playing SS made me a little depressed that we had waited for a good 5 years to be given something that to me felt half finished. Every element could have been improved, there could have been more to it, more thought, more gameplay just more...

I usually don't 100% Zelda games until I haven finished and gone back to explore but by the end of SS i was only missing four heart pieces, and then they were just because of aggravating mini games.

I did quite well in avoiding everything to do with SS until it came out, which was probably a really bad idea since I was waiting for so many things that I felt should have been in there considering this game came after TP, a game where you could fight on horse-back, warp at will, attack in a variety of different ways and even run with your sword drawn. And none of this was in SS, I just felt let down. It felt tiny, it didn't excite me, it didn't wow me and while the cutscenes were cool I can only remember liking two of them; Link attacking Girahim after Impa's shield is broken and When Zelda goes to sleep leaving Link banging on her crystal. Everything else just didn't bring the Zelda spark. I've gone through the game four times now and I'm still trying to like it, but as i play it i think back to how dark and expansive TP was and how brave and heartwarming WW was, not to mention the majesty of OoT. For me SS brough nothing to the table and even had the nerve to take most of what was on the table away.

But thats just me.

I personally think it was an amazing game! The storyline was perfect, controls were perfect, gameplay perfect, characters perfect, music perfect, everything was.. perfect! The only real cons i could see weren't things they did bad, they were just opportunities they missed out on. I really think the harp could have been improved, a few more diverse types of enemies would be nice, and maybe an overworld to explore, but those are all pretty minor things. I loved the game, and it's my favorite in the series! The only problem i PERSONALLY had with it, was it was a little too simple..

I personally think it wasn't as good as it should have been considering they had five years to work on it, but it was still a good game.

Its an okay game, nintendo always give us quality, perhaps other Zelda's set the bar too high, or perhaps nintendo got lazy... the game is of a high quality but what it is is a disappointment in terms of content. Too short, not engaging enough with the controls, the locations and unconnected provinces were so disheartening and the plot of the game was just as bad in a rinse and repeat kind of way. People will argue that new places opened up but a desert is still a desert and it didnt have much of a feeling of progression to me. I don't know what nintendo were doing for 5 years and it shocks me that they didnt include everything either whereas wind waker (in my opinion) is the better game and they cut it to ribbons to get it out on time, yet SS takes its time and has less?

As a whole it was just very uninspiring. :-/

Skyward Sword is currently my favorite game in the Zelda franchise, it contains my favorite ending boss in the Zelda franchise, and my top 3 Zelda bosses contain 2 from skyward sword! I loved this game, the music was amazing, story line, game play, characters, everything was amazing! And i was quite fond of the controls on top of all of that!

i like cutscenes but i think it wouldve been good if you could skip them like in tp if youre doing it as fast as possible. example: i was over at my friends house to show her skyward sword and we only had two hours. thanks to cutscenes, by the end of the two hours we only got the slingshot :/

Its still my favorite game though. Best music, listening to the bazaar theme 1/100th of the ss songs i have and plotline: OMFG AWESOME.

just that one thing (above) was the issue for me (only if you have a limited time lilke i did though).

MW7

I can't answer your poll because I thought it was both an excellent game and a disappointment. I enjoyed the game greatly but experienced frustration over and over with the way the game was designed (mostly little things). The perfect example is the bug/treasure notification system that interrupted gameplay. There were at least a dozen times when I was fighting two or more enemies at once and killed one only to accidentally pick up a treasure and then have to have the battle I was in the middle of halt just so that the game can tell me something I already know and don't care about. There really should have been an option to turn this off or it should have been left out of the game entirely- either is better than how the game does it.

Plus a large reason I play Zelda games is for the exploration aspect and it was clearly de-emphasized in this game so that was a source of major disappointment as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom