• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game?

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• It is not the best but neither the worst game in the series

• Total voters
I would argue that Skyward Sword is a great game but not a great Zelda game. The Zelda series has a standard all to its own and Skyward Sword fell slightly short in this respect. Don't get me wrong-The motion controls were certainly a step forward not only for Zelda but for gaming in general. They weren't perfect but they were pretty darn tight. Items were also used wisely and the story was more developed than most series installments.

The game did fall prey to certain fundamental flaws, however. Among these was an extremely linear overworld. The sky was almost completely devoid of any interesting islands. For the most part, you hopped on and were flying again in a matter of minutes. It's a shame because the three main regions of land down below delivered on Nintendo's promises for the most part incorporating more tricks and puzzles thus providing for a more dungeon like experience.

R

Rethromil

Skyward Sword is the one Zelda Game i actually got bored with. The controls barely work the story is too prominent and the ares are way too repetitive. The only things it has for it is the nostalgic moments and references to past games. Overall, I would recomend this game only to hardcore zelda fans, if you are not a hardcore zelda fan i would say skip it.

In my opinion it's a great game; the controls, the story, the characters and the design we're all really innovative. However, with a little more work this could have been the greatest Zelda game that Nintendo had ever made, however it lacked oomph in my opinion.

SS had a big shoes to fill, but if any series can constantly outdo itself then its Zelda. But from the first trailer and screenshots i saw for it, it never once excited me. I preordered t, got it on day of release and played it until i had to stop, it still didnt excite me. I played it form beginning to end, enjoying the cutscenes and thinking that the provinces were well thought out, I liked Link's ability to dash and liked that the items had a bit more of a presence but that was really it. I waited for a cataclysm; a storm over skyloft.. a piece of skyloft falling... and when that happened it still didn't make think 'wow' that was good. I played it, it was okay, it annoyed and disappointed me more than anything else with repeated boss battles, and filler quests in the main quest itself, i also hated flying but it wasn't a bad game, its just that wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time and even the 2d A Link to the Past felt better and more exciting and more surprising than SS. To me SS is just... there... i just feel as if it was a lazy game. I dont know if nintendo made it, had a lot of ideas and figured 'keep them for next time' or what but SS after 5 years, should have had more to it.

Last edited:

jack546

The chosen one
I really liked skyward sword but I didnt think it was better than Ocarina of time and Majoras mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom