• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is Ocarina of Time Your Favourite Game?

It's! Can't put words to it how much I love this game. It was my first ever zelda game so it already has something special. And playing this with my two older brothers on the N64 when I was younger, memories!

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
It's my favorite game EVER! I have so many good memories of playing it with friends, narrating it, and doing all sorts of awesome stuff. Now I'm doing a Let's Play of it with my friend in honor of the upcoming Ocarina of Time 3D! I don't know if we're going to get it done though before June 2nd!

CuccoFighter

時間の英雄
Yes! It's my favorite because it was the first Zelda game that I ever played and I just never get bored of it. As a matter of fact, I am doing a playthrough of it on Several Consoles!
-CuccoFighter:cucco:

S

SheikoftheTruth

Oh yes indeed!
Ocarina of Time was my first Zelda game and will always have a special place in my heart. That's most of the reason. In addition, I loved how much you could explore on your own, and how beautiful Hyrule was - despite of the old graphics. It was such a lovely fantasy world. I remember running around in Kokiri Forest, ecstatic because of the awesome game I was experiencing :)

Yes, it is my favorite game of all time. I can play it as many times as I want, and still not get bored with it. Maybe it's the nostalgic feeling I get when playing the game, but in my eyes it's the best game ever.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
As of right now, yes. However, I have to say that might change once I get Skyward Sword. :P

I love Ocarina of Time's story, the gameplay, and the dungeons. I also love how free you are to go wherever. It's not very linear, and I love that. Those are some of the things that make it my favorite game.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
No, it's currently #3. My favourites are LttP and MM, they're both #1 for me. For better comparability, let's stick to MM now: OoT really made the hugest leap gameplay- and graphics-wise and introduced a gameplay style that is basically still present in all following 3D Zeldas (only SS made the next major step while still relying on some of OoT's concepts like Z-targeting). Therefore it set a strong foundation for the future. But I think that MM improved over it in almost every aspect, I think that both the overworld (esp. Termina Field and Clock Town) and the dungeons were designed much better and with more detail. Also the graphics looked improved even though it was on the same console. And I liked how it didn't have such long tutorial parts like OoT did, you could start right off! Of course it also was more challenging and had better NPCs and sidequests. I think that MM is to OoT what aLttP is to LoZ: While aLttP perfected what LoZ started in the 2D world, MM did the same with 3D Zelda. Unfortunately it went a bit downhill with WW and TP (still good games of course)...

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I'd say the Duo OoT and MM are my favorite..
I loved OoT and was certain no Zelda game would be like it, But then I payed MM and it was just as awesome so it's basically a tie.. But the reason MM was so great and OoT got better was because how the two tie into each other.. So that's my answer ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom