• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Link Truely Either Left-handed or Right-handed?

i think he is right hand because teh way he holds his sword its in his right hand so i think he is a right but i think it all depends on each game

He is left handed because Miyamoto is, and thats why in the master quest for GC and 3DS he has it in his right hand, as it is reversed. Only the wii ones are right handed because most people are right handed

link will always be left-handed in my heart. i'm a lefty, and i felt i could relate to him because of that. left-handers unite! HOO HA HA!

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
The Link in SS is a different Link than the Link in OOT, which could mean that whether he's left or right handed depends on the Link

I do agree that Link is ambidextrous, though

jack546

The chosen one
i think that as of ocarina of time and his decendants that link is left handed until a certain point.

i think only Wii ones are going to be right handed from now :( it kinda disappoints me to know but its not bad but not good.

Majora's Cat

How about that
I don't think it's fair to say that Link is really ambidextrous. To state the obvious, everyone seems to forget that Link is different person in nearly every game, so you can only assign a hand of dominance for each separate Link. That being said, I don't think any Link was truly completely ambidextrous. He does need to wield the shield, but there's a reason it's held in his non-dominant hand.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm pretty sure every Link is left handed in the canon of the game. Why is this? Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess both had their gameplay switched to right hand for the simple fact that the majority of people in the world are right handed. So accordingly, everything was flipped to adjust to that (I'm not sure how a righty would fight a lefty in a sword fight as I've never seen one myself).

IRL: Link is a righty in SS/TP/OoTMQ (and OoT3D commercial I think -- when pulling dat a...Master Sword, he held it in his right hand in triumph although in OoT[3D], he holds it with his left).
In Game Canon: Link is a lefty in all Zeldas.

Of course, Miyamoto I'm pretty sure gets the last word on these matters, but I'll consider Link to be a lefty, as his old title of "Left Handed Hero" expounded upon until Miyamoto/Aonuma gives any official word.

Officially, Link is considered left-handed. In Skyward Sword, they changed that so the motion controls would be easier, but I like the idea of him being ambidextrous(:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom