• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Is It True That MM is the Darkest Zelda Game?

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
No, it's not dark...at all Axle has already made a few posts on how Majora's Mask is not dark. To me, it seem Twilight Princess is the darkest.

Majora's Mask is indeed able to give you a dark feeling. Things like the moon towering above you, wherever you go, with that disturbing ugly scary face. Or the music on the third day in town... The shaking of the earth... It all adds to this feeling of danger at the end of the third day.

Still, each time you do something with Link, you're busy to change the ending of the third day. And all the people in the world can be so sad, your mission is to make their lives a bit better.

In the end you will make it all better by avoiding the impact of that moon on the city. And since you know you're working towards that happy end, just enjoy the whole game. Don't let what your friend says take any pleasure from playing it.

(And for examples of happy moments: bringing Anju & Kafei back together, helping the old lady to get her bombbag to the store, give peace to the soul of Darmania, stopping the tears of the Goron boy who misses his dad, save Lulu's eggs, transform the spider-cursed humans back to their original selves, make the man at the beach happy by giving him a photo of one of the pirates...)

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Majora's Mask is more sad than anything in my opinion. The only time I actually felt it was dark was in the beginning, and when you get to Ikana.

Majora's Mask possessed a deep, philosophical brand of 'darkness...' The kind that makes you think.

At the end of the day, it's all a matter of opinion. :/

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
I agree with wolf sage the game presented you with many subjects to think about. The transformation masks for example you play a song to heal the souls of the afflicted do these healed souls present themselves as the masks or are the masks a gift from the healed? There is a flaw to that argument however because Link himself has been healed and it still living in Termina also that little girls dad in Ikana Canyon. He was healed and continues to live.

Also those aliens that come down and attempt to take the cows were based on a reported siting of an alien called the Flatwoods Monster (not too sure if true but sure looks plausible)

tumblr_m48gskMNpg1qigxr9o2_500.jpg

I mean you can even throw in SS for being dark, all of the robots in the Lanayru desert were being drained of their electricity, and they are all dead when you find them, when you are in skippers house a lot of people are dead too. But thats just one thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom