• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Fi the New Navi?

Is Fi annoying?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well look at it like this, Fi states the obvious in very long winded responses as well as adding that the wii remote battery was low (as if the little symbol on the bottom wasn't enough) as well as needing heart, as if the beeping wasn't enough. At least Navi didn't do those two things and her statements were brief.

Oracle of Time

Knows your future
I've never really found Navi annoying, at all, but Fi could get on my nerves on rare occasions. What I found irratating the most about Fi was when a situation like this comes up (Spoilers): You have to pour water in a giant frog statue above some fire producing vents to deactivate them, but the water you hold within a bottle is too small of an amout to do the trick, what you need is a vessel with a larger yield. Instead of racking your brains to remember where you've seen such an object, Fi intantly reminds you of that particular jar's location.

i dont think that fi is way more annoying then navi but that is kinda true at least its not like "link this hallway is all twisted" no navi is the more annoying

The main problem i had with Fi was when you had a new dowsing ability and it kept beeping until you used it.

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I personally enjoyed having Fi along for the ride. She was a helpful guide in some aspects and could give useful if sometimes obvious information. She has more of a mechnical automated sort of feel like she has no feelings or something. But the way they express the feelings make you think..."wow. this annoying and strange looking magical sword being has feelings too..." and it makes me feel more connected. Like I could relate with her. But thats just my opinion. Navi was a cute little annoying fairy but that is all Navi had. Was cute little fairy.

i dont think that fi is way more annoying then navi but that is kinda true at least its not like "link this hallway is all twisted" no navi is the more annoying

There were only a few instances where Navi would point out the obvious, and when she did, she was quick to the point. She wouldn't be like "Link, take a look a this! [next text box] By scanning this room, you can tell that this hallway is all twisted. [next text box] I recommend proceeding with caution", which is what Fi would do EXACTLY. She would repeat things characters told you seconds before, and point out things that were painfully obvious while giving you meaningless statistics, like when the Sand Ship is being attacked. There are also two instances, in the Ancient Cistern and the Sand Ship, where Fi tells you about the boss door something like "This is a great door. There must be something of importance behind it." I mean, really? If it were the first temple, ok, I'll pass that one up. But she tells you that in the FOURTH and FIFTH dungeon of the game!! Does she think we are so dumb that we haven't figured it out yet? Not to mention Fi stops you while IN dungeons, and Navi only did that in the first dungeon (completely understandable), and in the Forest Temple. Other than that, you were on your own, but nooo, Fi always has to put in her own little commentary while you're trying to navigate a dungeon, like when you defeat the Scervo in the Sandship she tells you how she ADMIRES his tenacity to stay alive and function after all these years. Who. Cares.

As you can tell, I completely despise Fi and did not feel sorry for her at all when she was sealed back in the Master Sword. :P To me, she is the worst companion Link has had in his adventures yet. Screw Fi.

DazzWarr

Dazz
No way, as annoying as they both are, Navi at least had some character and personality. And didn't tell you everything in percentages...

Master, I detect a 90% chance I'm even more annoying than Navi...

I still have never found Navi annoying beyond the first dungeon. Fi annoyed me to know end. I didn't need information every 5 minutes that I already knew, I didn't need to know every 3 seconds my battery was low or that I needed hearts every freaking time I dropped below 3 or whatever the threshold was. You would think that by the time I was in Sky Keep I would learn that I needed hearts!

That said I still did like Fi, but she was annoying a lot. Navi I never found all that annoying, sure she is sometimes, but rarely.

Yeah, in every game there has to be someone (or someTHING) to guide you. So, Fi is the new Navi. A bit less annoying, a lot more entertaining with her constant percentages, but still a Navi.

M

Mini

Lol, seriously?

When I heard about Fi, I thought I'd hate her. But the moment she appeared I mostly laughed my *** off. As much as the hearts comments are annoying, the fact she stated the obvious the way she stated only added to her personality. I mean, it fits her character(not like Navi you think like, "You don't say?" annoying Fairy...). I cracked up when she was like: "Master there's a 5% chance this thing is Zelda". Man that was just plain awesome.

Not to mention during the scrapper quest, that he refused to help Link, she appeared and said there was no way for them to get the item. Then the robot falls for her, goes all gaga and makes all kind of love speech to her and all she does is "..." and turns to Link, "master, we have a way now" LOL.

"If i'ts droppings hit you, I estimate your aggravation will increase by 100%." <--- Epic
"Fi: There is a 90% chance the Sacred Flame is within this volcano. I suggest you search for flames."

Oh I wish I found somewhere all of her quotes

I like the character a lot. It was very well thought of. Of course nothing beats Midna. Midna was just pure awesomeness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom