• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Inception Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 14134

What’s wrong with my godfather theory.
Because even if the godfather is the only one still alive it still makes more sense to kill Doc who would pretty much be a confirmed townie instead of Minish Link who had nothing confirming her as town.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I was ready to go ham on funnier today, but I don't really see him nk-ing Minish in this situation. Gonna need to re-evaluate a few things.

Also: only reason they wouldn't try to hit doc is either that they have a Babyface role left or they're really worried about getting their nk blocked.

D

Deleted member 14134

Also word on the street is we are in a dream so dreamer get in here and kill yourself.

funnier6

Courage~
Because even if the godfather is the only one still alive it still makes more sense to kill Doc who would pretty much be a confirmed townie instead of Minish Link who had nothing confirming her as town.
Kind of all the same to me since I probably never would’ve lynched Minish with an unknown role versus Doc with a known one but I see your point.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Yeah, I'm guessing the reason I wasn't NK'd was because Godfather is the only one left.

I find Minish, unconfirmed or not confirmed, to be far more dangerous than me. Minish has done a fair amount of scumhunting and was largely already accepted as town. Compared to me, who has done little to no scumhunting, Minish is much more dangerous to mafia moving forward. Especially now that I can't rely on my role.

D

Deleted member 14134

I find Minish, unconfirmed or not confirmed, to be far more dangerous than me. Minish has done a fair amount of scumhunting and was largely already accepted as town. Compared to me, who has done little to no scumhunting, Minish is much more dangerous to mafia moving forward. Especially now that I can't rely on my role.
Still, leaving "confirmed" townies alive is never a good idea. I'm still kind of suspicious of you tbh.

D

Deleted member 14134

I'm going to eat supper. I suspect Moe is the dreamer. I expect a 5000 word essay from him by the time I come back.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Yeah, I'm guessing the reason I wasn't NK'd was because Godfather is the only one left.

Given that not only were you the final vote on the lynch of the first scum player killed (on day one, no less), but that you also cop claimed to kill the other scum player when there wasn't especially much heat on them, I'd be absolutely shocked if you flipped scum at the end of this game.

Unless you have a history of questionable plays, I'd be pretty unlikely to suspect that you being scum is much of an option. Maybe pretending like you're in consideration is a good thing, but I don't think anyone reasonable would consider you to be a realistic possibility, so I think the rest of us putting on an act about it is pointless.

Scum [a Babyface, most likely] probably either wants to eliminate other power-roles that are dangerous to them (an alignment cop isn't dangerous to them), eliminate players who are likely to want to pursue lynches on them, or avoid nk-ing players who are likely to be the target of protection roles (we had a bodyguard die, but it's entirely possible we have another protective role given how saturated with roles this game is; Doc would have been their logical target).

There's also marginal chances of them doing some of these things as a bluff. Not NKing Doc on the first opportunity could destroy confidence in his ability to give town pants to players so long as they kill Doc before Doc manages to target them. It's also possible that they NK'd Minish to try to frame someone else. These lines of thought are worth considering, but they're certainly much less likely. The simplest explanations are generally more likely to be true.

funnier6

Courage~
That is my point.
I find this a bit confusing since from what I understood your point was that Doc was confirmed while Minish was not while my point was that Minish was basically confirmed at least to me anyway and had an unknown potentially detrimental role to mafia to boot. Not sure what you mean.
a Babyface, most likely
I assume this is foreign mafia lingo for godfather?

Also still not gonna soft claim?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I assume this is foreign mafia lingo for godfather?

Also still not gonna soft claim?
Yeah. The Godfather is, by the most base definition, the person who sends in the NK, generally.

Commonly (but not always) Godfathers will also have "Babyface", which means that they appear town-aligned when investigated. Being "Bulletproof" (or immune to nightkills) is also fairly common for Godfathers in some setups. It's also not that uncommon for Godfathers to have additional roles/abilities on top of being the Godfather in more complicated setups.

I'm willing to soft-claim that my role probably isn't especially useful anymore now that the "Thief" role is gone. Idk how much I can say about my role without it counting as a full claim, though, but I doubt my ability will trigger unless stealing is something the remaining scum player is also capable of, which seems unlikely.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
crap I wanted to be first one to phase change to suggest that if doc doesn't die we just stay in the dream and try to reach dreamscape 3 and see what everyone thought about that

I'll be back later, I'm the dreamer, but for now I want the other dreamer to claim.

Last time we were in a dream, ryuken was lynched and sent back to the real world, and that night the dreamer was nightkilled, ejecting everyone into the real world. During that night, someone else ought to have been made a dreamer

please claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom