• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Inception Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
Yeah. The Godfather is, by the most base definition, the person who sends in the NK, generally.

Commonly (but not always) Godfathers will also have "Babyface", which means that they appear town-aligned when investigated. Being "Bulletproof" (or immune to nightkills) is also fairly common for Godfathers in some setups. It's also not that uncommon for Godfathers to have additional roles/abilities on top of being the Godfather in more complicated setups.

I'm willing to soft-claim that my role probably isn't especially useful anymore now that the "Thief" role is gone. Idk how much I can say about my role without it counting as a full claim, though, but I doubt my ability will trigger unless stealing is something the remaining scum player is also capable of, which seems unlikely.
Idk if you knew already but basically all ZD godfathers are investigative and night kill proof with rare exceptions.
During that night, someone else ought to have been made a dreamer
Is this something you know for fact? Since we never officially entered a different dreamscape I don’t see why there would’ve been another dreamer and I can certainly say it wasn’t me.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
alright so here are my thoughts on doc

he's suspicious for not dying, but we don't kill him here. We don't know for sure that there's a godfather and every night mafia leaves a doctor alive is another night we get a seer check and potential for doc to become the dreamer.

Even without dying, he's suspicious because after he gave his red check on ragnarok he didn't give his previous checks and even though he's been here he didn't give his check last night. Actually, that's NAI, since mafia can fake checks. Ignore that. It's probably actually better that he didn't give them since mafia doesn't know who his checks are. Sure, we don't know either but ha take that scum

It looks like rubik had the right read on rag going inactive after placing an initial vote on yiga because I've been skimming through some mafiawiki and it's really unlikely that scum lead a wagon. I wasn't there for d1 and that could be why I'm misreading it, because I didn't feel the tensions between players. It's one thing reading and another thing experiencing. For now I'm fine admitting I was wrong because scum got one of their own killed and now we're massively ahead

the double bus theory from doc looks weak, but it's a better argument than him bussing in the first place. I can understand him bussing if and only if YIGA was scum as well (though given there's a lot of weak stuff going on this game I can't count on the "x is a terrible idea, therefore they won't risk it" argument too heavily.

Overall I don't think doc is scum here, and even if he is, it's not worth taking the tiny chance.

Would you say it’s possible that the second dreamer may have been Bok who was the night kill that night?
the night in question I'm referring to had the dreamscape 1 dreamer die. Dreamscape 2 dreamer was chosen>night actions happen>dreamscape 1 dreamer dies>dreamscape 2 dreamer is no longer the dreamer

so I don't think we're talking about the same night

funnier6

Courage~
Last time we were in a dream, ryuken was lynched and sent back to the real world, and that night the dreamer was nightkilled,
Here you say the night after Ryu was lynched which was night two when Bok died the first time.
the night in question I'm referring to had the dreamscape 1 dreamer die. Dreamscape 2 dreamer was chosen>night actions happen>dreamscape 1 dreamer dies>dreamscape 2 dreamer is no longer the dreamer
And here you say the night dom/evan died.

Sooo.

Either way, do you think it is possible that the the second dreamer could’ve been night killed during the same night?

Mikey the Moblin

Here are my thoughts on funnier:

I was suspicious of funnier on entry and I still think my read holds merit

His town read of ragnarok was obviously wrong but the bad part is the way he phrased it made it seem attached to his role. If someone else didn't get this vibe, feel free to correct me. Not to mention he's pretty eager to claim his role still. The rubik/funnier dynamic is still strong and interesting and in hindsight I wish we had solved that first.

HOWEVER

Minish flipping town has weight on funnier's alignment, so I can't pull the trigger on funnier just yet. I need to spend a long time pressuring him and this time he can't hide because minish is nowhere to stand up for him

Recently he seems to be misunderstanding what I'm saying. I don't have enough info to make the call yet.
Either way, do you think it is possible that the the second dreamer could’ve been night killed during the same night?
no, because the first dreamer was killed that night. Both dreamers couldn't have died in the same night.

Mikey the Moblin

those are the only two thoughts I have for now, thoughts on rubik and weeaboo avatar tbd

in the meantime we should figure out who gets to roleclaim or something, I'm just wiped out from work today and honestly everything I say will amount to some amount of BS with a smattering of heuristics

funnier6

Courage~
Recently he seems to be misunderstanding what I'm saying. I don't have enough info to make the call yet.
no, because the first dreamer was killed that night. Both dreamers couldn't have died in the same night.
You also appear to be misunderstanding what I’m saying but meh.

Let me start from the beginning. We enter day two with evan/dom as our DS1 dreamer. Bok dies overnight and we remain in the same dreamscape. I’m wondering do you think it’s possible he was the DS2 dreamer which you seem to be saying yes it’s possible, but for your theory to work he must have been the DS2 dreamer or else the only explanation that we remained in DS1 is unknown powers. And if you admit there are unknown powers then there’s a possibility there is no DS2 dreamer from the night dom/evan died because someone made sure there wasn’t.

Do you see what I’m tryna say?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Minish flipping town has weight on funnier's alignment, so I can't pull the trigger on funnier just yet. I need to spend a long time pressuring him and this time he can't hide because minish is nowhere to stand up for him
Yeah, this threw me for a loop too.

I don't see why scum funnier would NK the guy who seemed 100% convinced he was town despite the fact that everything he was saying was falling apart. Either funnier is town or he NK'd Minish for a huge WIFOM powerplay because he didn't feel confident that he'd be able to survive two lynches if he didn't try this gambit.

I might want funnier to claim in detail today if we don't have another use for it, because I can't even imagine what kind of role would lead him to the conclusions he made in a game where the mod doesn't lie to the players.

Mikey the Moblin

Yeah, this threw me for a loop too.

I don't see why scum funnier would NK the guy who seemed 100% convinced he was town despite the fact that everything he was saying was falling apart. Either funnier is town or he NK'd Minish for a huge WIFOM powerplay because he didn't feel confident that he'd be able to survive two lynches if he didn't try this gambit.

I might want funnier to claim in detail today if we don't have another use for it, because I can't even imagine what kind of role would lead him to the conclusions he made in a game where the mod doesn't lie to the players.
see funnier being town makes me think of you as slightly scummier but when you're able to explain my own thought processes without me actually even mentioning them first is next level
probably town mindmeld, but I'm worried about the pocket <.<

Mikey the Moblin

You also appear to be misunderstanding what I’m saying but meh.

Let me start from the beginning. We enter day two with evan/dom as our DS1 dreamer. Bok dies overnight and we remain in the same dreamscape. I’m wondering do you think it’s possible he was the DS2 dreamer which you seem to be saying yes it’s possible, but for your theory to work he must have been the DS2 dreamer or else the only explanation that we remained in DS1 is unknown powers. And if you admit there are unknown powers then there’s a possibility there is no DS2 dreamer from the night dom/evan died because someone made sure there wasn’t.

Do you see what I’m tryna say?
I'm talking about "the night dom/evan died"- the night where the DS1 dreamer was killed. A DS2 dreamer was chosen during that night. What other night saw a DS1 dreamer die? I don't recall any. I'm not misunderstanding you, I just have poor memory of names attached to players and actions

funnier6

Courage~
I'm talking about "the night dom/evan died"- the night where the DS1 dreamer was killed. A DS2 dreamer was chosen during that night. What other night saw a DS1 dreamer die? I don't recall any. I'm not misunderstanding you, I just have poor memory of names attached to players and actions
What you appear to be missing is that the DS1 dreamer was alive for TWO nights, so why wasn’t a DS2 dreamer chosen the first night?

D

Deleted member 14134

Minish may have been selected as a dreamer. If I remember correctly she was against claiming dreamer as that would essentially make you a target since you'd be confirmed town. If there is anyone who was still alive and was a dreamer on a previous night I also think you should claim (but I kind of feel like they're all dead by now). Also going for DS3 at this point in the game is a terrible idea.

Mikey the Moblin

alright, it didn't work.

I was the DS2 dreamer that night and was hoping the last wolf would try to claim it

that's why it's especially frustrating that I'm the dreamer again, because that's one fewer confirmed town due to RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom