• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Inception Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
right now your playstyle @minish is attempting to widen the pool of possible lynches when our goal should be to narrow it down, so if you're town you should be changing it up

funnier's response to ryu flip is bad and the push onto rubik is also bad. Rubik has been showcasing good town play and the fact that ryu is scum reading him at this point feels forced. Add to that the controversy over the day 1 wagon where funnier7 almost died, if funnier7 is town ragnarok and doc are both town as well, so that's a minor strike against him. Finally, as we near end of day with 2 votes on him he's putting a spotlight on his magic role that apparently tells us things that we can deduce from his flip regardless.

So yeah, I think funnier is the strongest lynch candidate for today.

still waiting for a dreamer claim, though I guess if it's not funnier it can wait till tomorrow

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
1) ignoring mechanical evidence such as wagons in order to be able to wolf read them is flimsy logic
2) saying pointing out said mechanical evidence is scummy is definitely a poor attempt at shading

1) When have I ignored any wagon evidence?
2) That's not even shade and it's completely wrong anyways. I said that clearing people based on wagons is nonsense, because no one should ever be cleared unless they're confirmed town. You're the one that seems to not even be considering Ragnarokio and Doc because of the day 1 wagon. There's more to the game than wagons, and Bok and funnier have showed more town play than the other two. But I'm not even completely clearing them, just town reading them for now.

I mean, I don’t wanna devote much more time to what my role may or may not be but considering my current position and the chance it isn’t helping anyways I certainly don’t mind you guessing but of course I can’t confirm or deny. At the very least if I should die I think you can put the pieces together then.

I don’t want to throw everyone off a cliff with maybe so’s about Rubik I just want everyone to know that from what I know there is a really good chance that Rag is town. (Which is why if she’s not my role is useless)

I feel like you could be some sort of sensor, but you know how bad I am at catching softs sometimes. So do you just have a good reasoning for Rag being town, and that's why you suspect Rubik? Or do you have a good reason to suspect Rubik as well?

Mikey the Moblin

ZD Champion
right now your playstyle @minish is attempting to widen the pool of possible lynches when our goal should be to narrow it down, so if you're town you should be changing it up

funnier's response to ryu flip is bad and the push onto rubik is also bad. Rubik has been showcasing good town play and the fact that FUNNIER is scum reading him at this point feels forced. Add to that the controversy over the day 1 wagon where funnier7 almost died, if funnier7 is town ragnarok and doc are both town as well, so that's a minor strike against him. Finally, as we near end of day with 2 votes on him he's putting a spotlight on his magic role that apparently tells us things that we can deduce from his flip regardless.

still waiting for a dreamer claim, though I guess if it's not funnier it can wait till tomorrow
fixed

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

funnier's response to ryu flip is bad and the push onto rubik is also bad. Rubik has been showcasing good town play and the fact that ryu is scum reading him at this point feels forced. Add to that the controversy over the day 1 wagon where funnier7 almost died, if funnier7 is town ragnarok and doc are both town as well, so that's a minor strike against him. Finally, as we near end of day with 2 votes on him he's putting a spotlight on his magic role that apparently tells us things that we can deduce from his flip regardless.

How is my playstyle attempting to widen the pool of possible lynches? I'm town reading certain people, which narrows it down and I'm giving Doc the benefit of the doubt. That leaves me with three people, and there are two scum left. I'm not changing my playstyle up for anyone because it's worked for me the multiple other mafia games I've played.

I think everyone is surprised Ryu flipped town besides scum (and Rubik, but he may be scum). Also, someone can look town and still be scum. Rubik is a good player so I wouldn't expect him to be overtly scummy. He's not one of the two people you've "cleared" from Storma's lynch day 1 so I don't know why you're not considering him as well.

Also, funnier is acting almost exactly like town funnier does when he wants to claim but can't. Rubik hasn't even hinted at his role as far as I'm aware. It's easy for scum to act like they want to claim but can't because the claim has already been used. Much harder for scum to try to soft a fake role.

Mikey the Moblin

ZD Champion
"It's easy for scum to act like they want to calim but can't because the claim has already been used"

this is exactly what funnier is doing

rubik hasn't been expressing intent to claim, only frustration at the rule in general. That's towny.

why would scum need to soft a fake role? As shown from ryu's flip, it's probably hard to tell someone's alignment based on role alone

also I haven't been softing my role either so scum reading rubik for not softing a role seems like more of that flimsy logic

is it expected for specials to soft their role here? I'm guessing this game sure because it seems everyone's got a gimmick, but in general I think you'd want to hide from scum.

funnier6

Courage~
I feel like you could be some sort of sensor, but you know how bad I am at catching softs sometimes. So do you just have a good reasoning for Rag being town, and that's why you suspect Rubik? Or do you have a good reason to suspect Rubik as well?
I have good reason to believe Rag is town. I have good reason to believe Rubik might be scum. I know certain things about them that nobody should know. And I should probably stop softing cause I think I’m getting close to the line.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
but rubik is more frustrated that he can't claim his role and you're more "guys look at this info my role gives pls don't kil me"

"It's easy for scum to act like they want to calim but can't because the claim has already been used"

this is exactly what funnier is doing

rubik hasn't been expressing intent to claim, only frustration at the rule in general. That's towny.

why would scum need to soft a fake role? As shown from ryu's flip, it's probably hard to tell someone's alignment based on role alone

also I haven't been softing my role either so scum reading rubik for not softing a role seems like more of that flimsy logic

is it expected for specials to soft their role here? I'm guessing this game sure because it seems everyone's got a gimmick, but in general I think you'd want to hide from scum.

Funnier's softing his role, which is different from being like "oh, I'd love to claim but I can't". And I quoted one of your posts where you said Rubik is more frustrated that he can't claim. So which is it?

Being frustrated at a rule isn't townie. Rubik comes from a community where they didn't have a limit on claims, so of course coming to one with a limit would be frustrating. He's stated it before after a game where he was scum. He just doesn't like the rule.

Scum could soft a fake role to try to look more townie, but it'd be hard. The first mafia role that flipped was pretty uniquely mafia aligned. Ryu's role was a role that seems like one that's typically more mafia aligned but has been town aligned rarely. But it was the fact that it seemed it helped mafia more than town that made us think it was a mafia role.

I didn't say you should scum read Rubik for not softing. You're saying I have flimsy logic while not even understanding what I'm saying apparently. I said that Rubik wasn't on the scum lynch day 1, and that he's a good player who can act pretty townie as scum so it's weird that you're considering every single person besides the two you cleared for being on a wagon and... Rubik.

Softing is an easy way for town roles to try and convey info without outright claiming. I mean, mafia already knows who is town anyways so if you think you have pertinent info then it's better to try and soft it rather than outright state it.

Mikey the Moblin

ZD Champion
Funnier's softing his role, which is different from being like "oh, I'd love to claim but I can't". And I quoted one of your posts where you said Rubik is more frustrated that he can't claim. So which is it?
yes
Being frustrated at a rule isn't townie. Rubik comes from a community where they didn't have a limit on claims, so of course coming to one with a limit would be frustrating. He's stated it before after a game where he was scum. He just doesn't like the rule.

Scum could soft a fake role to try to look more townie, but it'd be hard. The first mafia role that flipped was pretty uniquely mafia aligned. Ryu's role was a role that seems like one that's typically more mafia aligned but has been town aligned rarely. But it was the fact that it seemed it helped mafia more than town that made us think it was a mafia role.

I didn't say you should scum read Rubik for not softing. You're saying I have flimsy logic while not even understanding what I'm saying apparently. I said that Rubik wasn't on the scum lynch day 1, and that he's a good player who can act pretty townie as scum so it's weird that you're considering every single person besides the two you cleared for being on a wagon and... Rubik.

Softing is an easy way for town roles to try and convey info without outright claiming. I mean, mafia already knows who is town anyways so if you think you have pertinent info then it's better to try and soft it rather than outright state it.
I thought rubik was possible partners with you. I again refer to your defense of him day 1.
I dunno about you but my role is effectively useless, but let's shelve this discussion for tonight or something, cause we definitely need to 1v1, but finding a reason not to lynch funnier today takes precedence

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I have good reason to believe Rag is town. I have good reason to believe Rubik might be scum. I know certain things about them that nobody should know. And I should probably stop softing cause I think I’m getting close to the line.

Oh wait, I think I may be getting what you're getting at now. Though probably not still. Haha.

Well if you're sure about Ragnarokio being town, I'm inclined to trust you for now. That narrows it down to Rubik/Moe for me, so I'm fine with either of their lynches today.

That doesn't even answer anything I asked.

I thought rubik was possible partners with you. I again refer to your defense of him day 1.
I dunno about you but my role is effectively useless, but let's shelve this discussion for tonight or something, cause we definitely need to 1v1, but finding a reason not to lynch funnier today takes precedence

I'm going to defend a lot of people day 1 because I usually give people benefit of the doubt then unless they do something really scummy, in which case I vote for them. I was scum reading him at the start of this day though, and only changed that to null because my reason for scum reading him relied a lot on Ryu being scum. However, me changing to null then didn't completely discount me considering him scum. Which I'm starting to do again, because of process of elimination and funnier's feeling that he might be scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom