• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Inception Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
If that happens we get still get better odds, and even then we still have counterclaims and soft claims. @DekuNut counterclaims don’t count toward the limit right? You know relying on night actions simply isn’t going to get us anywhere as even if somebody does get good info we won’t have anything to talk about unless they reveal it and then mafia will know too and I just don’t like that course of action.

I don’t really think so, my role is rather conventional so I would think at least most of the others are conventional as well. Anyway suiciding to go back to the real world sounds risky to begin with since apparently we can’t be sure if we’re in reality or not and because you can’t just assume the town will go back and take care of it since I don’t think we’d be allowed to know what’s going on and all kinds of scenarios could happen we wouldn’t know about such as only the mafia going back and majing town etc etc. (Man this game is complex!) I really really think we should try to solve as much as possible through discussion and let the roles do their thing without relying on them, we don’t need their info to win the game after all. Really I think sticking to what we know is best, going deeper into the dream relying on powers we don’t understand to do stuff we probably won’t understand to tell us stuff we might not understand instead of using the good old fashioned way I feel will leave us like fish out of water and not do things ourselves during the day phases. My point is “Let’s rely on night actions” just does not sound right to me.
Run-on sentences aside, I agree with what funnier says. It's best that we try to get the Mafia D1 while we're in the real world and- therefore- grounded in a Standard Mafia Day setting so that we don't have to worry about trying to lynch them in the Dreamscapes, where the rules governing them are more complex.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
This game is deep and I still don't think I have a full grasp of the mechanics. I'm sure things will become clearer as we move into different dreamscapes and see more of these unique rules in action. Clearly the game isn't gonna be as simple as making it to day 4 to win, so I'm guessing we'll see a few roles that can easily move several players back a dreamscape. Or a mafia ability that can help them find the dreamers.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
If that happens we get still get better odds, and even then we still have counterclaims and soft claims. @DekuNut counterclaims don’t count toward the limit right? You know relying on night actions simply isn’t going to get us anywhere as even if somebody does get good info we won’t have anything to talk about unless they reveal it and then mafia will know too and I just don’t like that course of action.

I don’t really think so, my role is rather conventional so I would think at least most of the others are conventional as well. Anyway suiciding to go back to the real world sounds risky to begin with since apparently we can’t be sure if we’re in reality or not and because you can’t just assume the town will go back and take care of it since I don’t think we’d be allowed to know what’s going on and all kinds of scenarios could happen we wouldn’t know about such as only the mafia going back and majing town etc etc. (Man this game is complex!) I really really think we should try to solve as much as possible through discussion and let the roles do their thing without relying on them, we don’t need their info to win the game after all. Really I think sticking to what we know is best, going deeper into the dream relying on powers we don’t understand to do stuff we probably won’t understand to tell us stuff we might not understand instead of using the good old fashioned way I feel will leave us like fish out of water and not do things ourselves during the day phases. My point is “Let’s rely on night actions” just does not sound right to me.

I'm thinking our difference in opinions here is based on how we're viewing this game. I do get where you're coming from though. And if people do get info at night, they don't necessarily have to claim. You can keep the info to yourself, but still know the right direction to push.

I'm not saying I'm 100% going to no-lynch today. Just, if there aren't any leads then I think it could be better not to take a random chance. If the game keeps up this amount of activity and serious discussion, then it's possible I'll change my mind.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Unvote

I think going for a no lynch is a bad move, probably, but that's largely because I assume the game is balanced to punish us for not proactively scumhunting.

I'll try to get some reads of players tonight. 48 hour days are going to be annoying for me.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
because I assume the game is balanced to punish us for not proactively scumhunting.

Is there a certain reason you believe that? Because one of town's possible win conditions is just getting to the final dreamscape, which I guess could be possible without even lynching any scum. Though that'd be incredibly hard.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
If I understand it correctly, if the first level dreamer dies, everyone is back to square zero. If we gamble on this strategy and scum has any sort of ability we don't expect and is able to send us back, we're back where we started but with no dead scum or knowledge from people's wagons.

No lynching might be able to work, but it operates under the assumption that scum has no tools to disrupt us other than a standard night kill. I don't believe that's a safe assumption.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I think there's going to be a few more things in effect than whats in the rules. It seems like there are several power roles who will be able to influence what level of dreamscape a few of us are in and the dreams. Based on the fact that mafia CAN become dreamers if someone influences it. Probably dreaming god abilities.

I am in support of a lynch tonight. I understand the reasons to be against it and why people want a no lynch, but I don't think having a better understanding of the game tomorrow will help us with scumhunting.

Why is Rubik your current target, funnier? Unless I missed something from you, this seems like a random target?

funnier6

Courage~
I think there's going to be a few more things in effect than whats in the rules. It seems like there are several power roles who will be able to influence what level of dreamscape a few of us are in and the dreams. Based on the fact that mafia CAN become dreamers if someone influences it. Probably dreaming god abilities.

I am in support of a lynch tonight. I understand the reasons to be against it and why people want a no lynch, but I don't think having a better understanding of the game tomorrow will help us with scumhunting.

Why is Rubik your current target, funnier? Unless I missed something from you, this seems like a random target?
So you are in support of one but you’re not actually voting anybody. Wanna fix that? We’re a bit short on time so we gotta get things going.

Same reason I usually vote for someone on day one Doc, you didn’t miss anything.

@Ragnarokio forgot to mention you earlier, wanna maybe post something?

D

Deleted member 14134

...we reach Day 4. Since each Day after D1 takes the players to a new Dreamscape level, the sequence follows as such: D2= DS1, D3= DS2, and D4= DS3.
I don't think it'll be that easy. Most likely something will happen that could separate the players.
There seems to be a role or modifier that can make a player "unconscious," preventing them from being lynched in that Dreamscape. Also, @Bok Chan Sama , when you asked that question to Deku about multiple lynches, were you referring to the fact that we can lynch people, even if they're on different Dreamscapes, or that we can lynch more than once?
Just meant that if the players are divided on different dreamscapes someone from each group can be lynched on the same day within separate dreamscapes.
Also, I assume claiming Dreamer is on the same level as a role claim, and it's an extremely obvious one to claim.
I may of said this already but I'll say it again. If you are the dreamer DO NO CLAIM dreamer (though I feel like it's against the rules to anyways). Mafia will target you as it will move town further away from its goal.
we wouldn’t know about such as only the mafia going back and majing town etc etc.
Unless they could win right after I doubt they would do that as it'd basically be giving themselves away.
I think there's going to be a few more things in effect than whats in the rules.
I definitely agree with this. We should be ready for things we don't expect to happen.

Now that I've thought about it for awhile I do think we should have a lynch today. Waiting to enter the dreamscape won't help much since lynching someone in a dream won't kill them or reveal any role information from them and we'll have to send people back to the real world to finish them off anyways. Also I high doubt we'll be able to all make it to DS3 that easily. For now, until we can see the light at the end of the tunnel and are close to reaching DS3 I want to treat this like a normal mafia game. Also I have a pretty good grasp on how the mechanics we know about work.

Also for those who have seen the movie, don't believe everything at a first glance, it's entirely possible that we're already in a dream (though I'm pretty confident that we're not) so when interacting with the games mechanics, think before you act. I'm going to read through one more time and keep my vote on Ragnarok for now since she hasn't said anything yet this game.

D

Deleted member 14134

Better idea, instead of voting someone out, lets nominate someone to commit suicide and see what happens to them (we'll vote them out if they don't agree to comply though).

D

Deleted member 14134

Actually it won't matter since they'll die either way, just ignore me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom