• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Impressions of the Game

I have had a few issues with the controls. Flying is a bit awkward to steer. You have to struggle to make minor corrections. Fortunately, the game is forgiving and very rarely requires you to make near perfect moves in the air. Sword fighting can be frustrating, but if you take time to prepare your swings you should be fine. Any aiming function is bound to malfunction at some point, so Nintendo added a "quick correct" button for aiming. These were all minor issues that most players will look past, but that keeps me from calling it a perfect game.

Some of the new features that I love are the lack of an auto-aim while locked on to an enemy. It just seems so cheap to do that, rather than having to aim in the heat of battle. I have fallen in love with the dash and stamina meter. You have just the right amount of stamina. Not to much to make you wonder why you have limited supply, but not to little to make you wonder what the point is. I was skeptical of the upgrade system, but I do like it. What you're expected to get doesn't seem unreasonable (yet). However, I think they might have a few to many upgrades. The difficulty is also something I think might be the best balanced since LttP (have to play through a lot more to be sure). All the enemies are challenging, but they all have a keen Achilles Heel that you have to exploit. The first few skulltallas I ran into took me to school. However, once I figured out how to get at their soft underbellies, I laughed at every one of them. There is a certain joy you get in mastering fighting a difficult enemy.

First off, yes, so far I'm enjoying Skyward Sword. I've reached the second dungeon, I've met Batreaux, I haven't upgraded anything yet and with some pacing aside, I don't have anything against it.

Second, too early to see how much I like it compared to other games I've played.

Third, I'm avoiding as many spoilers and hints for the second half as possible.

Fourth, if this thread is still here or not, yes, I will give my thoughts on this game as a whole when I'm done.

I just completed the game and wow... What an ending. I won't write my full impressions now though, i have to soak it all in first and play a bit more. I took 31 hours. A little dissapointing, I must say, since I tried to take my time and not rush through it. Though I haven't completed many sidequests either. Anyway just started hero mode and I will beat that too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom