• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Impa

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think that they are all different incarnations, the impa from the original zelda, SS impa and OOT impa. OOT impa is from the sheikah tribe which is never mentioned in SS, so I'll assume that the tribe did not exist in SS.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
They must be 2 different people. The two impas look completely different, and if You are suggesting that SS impa lived that long from SS to OoT, then she would be extremely old

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Well in SS Impa is there obviously. She plays almost the exact role in both SS and OoT. She has the same name in both. Do you think that she might have been traveling between the time periods or do you think OoT Impa is a descendant? Oh wait, that wouldn't make sense because Impa "dies" in SS. But she exists in 2 different time periods in SS so it's logical that she would also travel to OoT time correct?

Anyway, I'm just pointing out some points (haha) and I wanna know what your take on this is.

EDIT: I forgot to point out that Impa disappears after you become an adult in OoT

There are several incarnations of Impa. Each one protecting an incarnation of Zelda.
Although she technically dies at the end of SS, doesn't mean she's dead forever.
She exists in two different time periods. One being the past and present. It makes more sense if you really think about it.
And no, it's not logical that she would travel to OoT's time as it is a different Zelda, therefore it calls for a different Impa.

Also after Link becomes an adult in OoT, Impa is most likely in hiding but becomes the Shadow Sage. So it's logical that you wouldn't see her so soon.
(Even though it's seven years).

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Impa in SS is most definetly diffrent then OoT Impa, shes simply a guardian the gods have placed to help Link and the royal family, first she never really manipulates time, the gate of time only moves between those two time periods i believe, so she did not time travel to OoT, two she dies, or now that everthing is at peace, leaves to were she truly belongs at her age, last just because they look simeler does not make them the same, thats like a theory a little awhile ago by someone i forgot whos name is that Termina is the land of the ocean king just because they are partily similer does not make them the same, i believe many Zelda theoryist aim to call two items people or places the same, sometimes it may be true, but alout of times not.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
SS Impa and Oot Impa aren't the only ones in the series, for instance she's in the original game and a few others that i haven't had the chance to play. My personal theory is that they aren't the same person, but in the same bloodline. But im in a loss for when exactly she... you know... had children to pass on the bloodline in SS. :awkward:

FosterTheNation said:
EDIT: I forgot to point out that Impa disappears after you become an adult in OoT
No, she doesn't.
Sheik said:
I believe Impa has gone to the Shadow Temple to seal it up again, but...she
will be in danger without any help!
After you beat the Shadow Temple, Impa is revealed to be a sage. She's also in the final cutscene with (almost) all the other sages.

Last edited:
I agree with the "she's a descendant/incarnation" theory. However, you forgot Impaz from Twilight Princess (old woman in the Hidden Village) , who is technically an incarnation of Impa...but why, then, did they call her Impaz and not just Impa?:cat::?

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Just like Link and Zelda (and probably Groose) Impa in OoT is the descendant of SS Impa. Simple as that, they kept the name going. My true question is if there are any male sheikah? Or are there just female, because as far as I know there aren't any Male Sheikah.

Donutwizard

The Angry Mask Salesman
Could all the Impas in the games be the same one(excluding Skyward Sword).
what do you guys think? It would explain how they are all different ages.

Last edited:

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Theres already a Forum like this... But while this Forum is open i'll say that it wouldnt make to much sense, one There are many diffrent Impas of varies ages, old, young, and so i doubt that SS Impa is transending time using the Gate of time or using time shift stones, Impa is just a name given to shiekah, even the only shiekah we have seen are named Impa, and Shiek if you really count her as one.

P

PyramidOfPower

Theres already a Forum like this... But while this Forum is open i'll say that it wouldnt make to much sense, one There are many diffrent Impas of varies ages, old, young, and so i doubt that SS Impa is transending time using the Gate of time or using time shift stones, Impa is just a name given to shiekah, even the only shiekah we have seen are named Impa, and Shiek if you really count her as one.

Shiekah have the ability to alter their appearance so I believe that Impa could have made herself old in Titles like LoZ and AoL. I also believe the Shiekah are immortal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom