• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Impa

FosterTheNation

The Better of The Best
Well in SS Impa is there obviously. She plays almost the exact role in both SS and OoT. She has the same name in both. Do you think that she might have been traveling between the time periods or do you think OoT Impa is a descendant? Oh wait, that wouldn't make sense because Impa "dies" in SS. But she exists in 2 different time periods in SS so it's logical that she would also travel to OoT time correct?

Anyway, I'm just pointing out some points (haha) and I wanna know what your take on this is.

EDIT: I forgot to point out that Impa disappears after you become an adult in OoT

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Probably, I don't know what else to expect. The OoT Impa has almost got to be the SS Impa, but you never know...

I think the Impa in OoT has to be a descendant because just like Link and Zelda. They have the same name, but are all different Links and Zeldas. And I don't see how the SS Impa can travel to OoT period because that makes no sense. The time travel takes you back in time to right after the war with Hylia and Demise and takes you to the time period of SS. This Impa does disappear at the end of SS too. So ultimately, I stick with my statement. And even if she could time travel, How would she know about future descendants of the hero and goddess? it makes no sense really.

Many incarnations of Impa exists in the series; the two that you mentioned are merely two of many, and they are all entirely different people.

Though, it is not mentioned in-game, it is believed that each Impa is reincarnated in a similar fashion to Link and Zelda. This is supported by Skyward Sword in which Impa is tasked with protecting Princess Zelda and providing guidance to Link, as well as the [chronologically] subsequent appearances of a character named Impa in the timeline.

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
Well in SS Impa is there obviously. She plays almost the exact role in both SS and OoT. She has the same name in both. Do you think that she might have been traveling between the time periods or do you think OoT Impa is a descendant? Oh wait, that wouldn't make sense because Impa "dies" in SS. But she exists in 2 different time periods in SS so it's logical that she would also travel to OoT time correct?

Anyway, I'm just pointing out some points (haha) and I wanna know what your take on this is.

EDIT: I forgot to point out that Impa disappears after you become an adult in OoT

Actually, she is *SPOILERS* The sage of Shadow, therefore she doesnt dissapear.

Impa is already an old woman in Skyward Sword (SS). There is an undetermined, yet large gap of time between Ocarina of Time (OoT) and SS, meaning that - if she lived long enough - she would be incredibly ancient in OoT, not a middle aged woman. The fact that she disappears at the end of SS attests to this fact.

Impa is a different character in each game that she appears in, but serves the same role of Zelda's advisor and Link's guide. This implies that she is reincarnated, much like Link and Zelda.

In addition, here are some bits of info that I've compiled:
Skyward Sword
•The Old Woman

Has guarded the sealed temple for thousands of years. She is actually Impa of this era.

Source: Pg. 74 The Surface

Ocarina of Time
•Impa

Zelda’s nurse. She’s a survivor from the Sheikah race, who have served the royal family since ancient times.

Source: Pg. 85 Those Chosen by the Triforce

Ocarina of Time
•Kakariko Village

Once built by the Sheikah, it was the refuge of this race. Impa, Zelda’s nurse, grew up there. The royal family grave is in the cemetery on the back of the village, carving the bloodstained history of a Hyrule where conflicts didn’t cease.

Source: Pg. 87 Ocarina of Time

Oracle of Seasons
•Impa

Princess Zelda’s nursemaid. She has secretly been assigned the task of returning Din, the Oracle of Seasons, to Hyrule. She’s a courageous and portly middle-aged woman.

Source: Pg. 99 Rescuing Din from The General of Darkness

The Legend of Zelda
•Impa

Princess Zelda’s nurse, she is descended from a long line that has served the royal family of Hyrule for generations. Her role is to care for various articles concerning the royal family, as well as pass down the family’s history and folklore. Her line cherishes the heirlooms of great kings as well as passes down the tragedy of the Princess Zelda I.

Source: Pg. 106 Legends Passed Down in Hyrule

Adventure of Link
•The Royal Family’s Scroll

It was left behind by a former great king of Hyrule, passed down by Impa’s line. Despite being written in completely unfamiliar script, Link was able to read it as though it spoke to him.

Source: Page 108 Link Receives His Crest

Images of the various other Impas that appear in the series:

Skyward Sword:
120px-Skyward_Sword_Sheikah.png
Ocarina of Time 3D:
57px-Impa_OoT_3D.png
Oracle of Ages/Seasons:
120px-Impa_%28Oracle_of_Ages_%26_Oracle_of_Seasons%29.png
The Legend of Zelda :
94px-LinkImpa.png
The Legend of Zelda II: Adventure of Link:
120px-Impa1%28AoL%29.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Many incarnations of Impa exists in the series; the two that you mentioned are merely two of many, and they are all entirely different people.

Though, it is not mentioned in-game, it is believed that each Impa is reincarnated in a similar fashion to Link and Zelda. This is supported by Skyward Sword in which Impa is tasked with protecting Princess Zelda and providing guidance to Link, as well as the [chronologically] subsequent appearances of a character named Impa in the timeline.
^ Yeah this. Although for the record there is no actual proof that Zelda or Link reincarnate, and in fact there's some hard evidence that Link doesn't since two Links have met each other (the Hero's Shade -- who is the Hero of Time -- and Twilight Princess Link). The Zeldas are almost definitely not straight up reincarnations, either, considering that they're descendants of the last Zelda. Reincarnation just doesn't make sense for Zelda because the connection between the Zeldas is by blood. I don't see why they'd make a point of a blood connection but then make it a reincarnation too.

It also should be noted that there is apparently some dialogue in Hyrule Historia that suggests that Impa is the intended bearer of the Triforce of Power (until it is taken by Ganondorf), so that quote "the Impa of this era" combined with this could indicate that Impa is in many ways as important of a recurring character as Link and Zelda are, regarding destiny and fate and all that good stuff.

Last edited:
I vote that Impa is similar in concept to Link, Ganondorf and Zelda: Always different people, just with the spirit of their namesake.

Fig

The Altruist
Impa only needed to time travel to protect Zelda from Ghirahim and his forces. That is the only reason why she existed in the two different time periods. Much like Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and other characters, Impa has reincarnations and descendants that will help Link and Zelda throughout their adventures. The Impa that we saw in Skyward Sword will most definitely have a reincarnation or a descendant that may look like the Impa that know Rom Skyward Sword. Each reincarnation or descendant will have a similar fashion of the previous reincarnation from a previous game in the timeline. The Impa from Ocarina of Time has the same name and acts like a bodyguard for Zelda, but that Impa is a different person from the Impa from another Zelda game. Hopefully, this gives you a better understanding of how reincarnations/descendants work.

^ Yeah this. Although for the record there is no actual proof that Zelda or Link reincarnate, and in fact there's some hard evidence that Link doesn't since two Links have met each other (the Hero's Shade -- who is the Hero of Time -- and Twilight Princess Link). The Zeldas are almost definitely not straight up reincarnations, either, considering that they're descendants of the last Zelda. Reincarnation just doesn't make sense for Zelda because the connection between the Zeldas is by blood. I don't see why they'd make a point of a blood connection but then make it a reincarnation too.

Agh, darnit. I should have gone into more detail on that. Curse my over-simplification of things. (lol)

I vote that Impa is similar in concept to Link, Ganondorf and Zelda: Always different people, just with the spirit of their namesake.

There's ONLY ONE Ganondorf. He is simply revived/unsealed from game to game.

Agh, darnit. I should have gone into more detail on that. Curse my over-simplification of things. (lol)
Ah, you were just simplifying? Nevermind then. :)

There's ONLY ONE Ganondorf. He is simply revived/unsealed from game to game.
Yeah... although to be fair there are numerous theories about there being multiple Ganons, or at least there were prior to Hyrule Historia (I don't know if they're still around or not). Even veteran theorists occasionally bought into the notion, so it's not completely absurd, although I definitely disagree with it since it's not seriously backed in any of the games.

M

Masterofmind

This means one of three things.......One, There are actually four time splits. Two, Impa is..well.....ressurected by demises curse some how? Or Three, Impa is a Time Traveler/Time Lord. :D

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Yeah... although to be fair there are numerous theories about there being multiple Ganons, or at least there were prior to Hyrule Historia (I don't know if they're still around or not). Even veteran theorists occasionally bought into the notion, so it's not completely absurd, although I definitely disagree with it since it's not seriously backed in any of the games.

Actually, there are two confirmed Ganon, FSA ganon is stated to be different Ganon than the original one

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Hyrule Historia, page 119
The Gerudo Thief Ganondorf’s Reincarnation

Hundreds of years passed since Ganondorf’s defeat. The relationship between the Gerudo tribe, Hyrule Kingdom was restored and peace returned.

However, a new Ganondorf was born. Ganondorf defied the laws of the Gerudo village and invaded the ancient pyramid and took the wicked weapon called the “Trident.” Then, to bring darkness over Hyrule, he stole the Mirror of Darkness from the temple in the forest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom