• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Could Make a Cameo in a Zelda Game...

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
You know about the Chris Houlihan Room in AlttP? If you could make a cameo in any game, how would you appear? (Eta: As in a minor role or secret, not someone/thing you need to complete the game.)

AlttP: I'd not have a name, but show up as one of the moving trees in the dark world. If you touched me I'd alternately throw bombs or apples, depending on my mood.

OoT: If you push a certain grave between the hours of 3:30 am and 4:00 am, you will drop down into a fully furnished room and I will wonder why anyone thinks it's less than perfectly normal to have a home beneath a graveyard, but you will receive a large rupee for your trouble.

MM: I won't actually show up in-game but I'd have a room at the hotel. If you climb in from the second-floor window you could read my diary about how I have chocolate in one of the drawers. You could then give it to Anju's grandmother.

WW: Closest in spirit to the room - you would have to begin the game from outset island and immediately run to the top of the hill and jump north using the deku leaf. If you did it quickly enough, when your magic runs out you'll fall through the ocean and have to walk through a tunnel back up to the top of the island. Of course, treasure with my name on it could be found in the tunnel...if you know where to look.

TP: More than likely I'd be one of those people hanging around CastleTown saying, "But why is the water gone?" Afterward the tears of light are collected I wouldn't say anything but could be found walking around town, carrying around that cat who says, "Don't you hate it when people pick us up?"

Other games welcome...those are simply the ones I've played.

Last edited:

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Hehe, this is amusing.

LOZ: I'd be in a really hidden shop that sells you a map for the overworld just for your troubles.

Aol: I'd be a skeleton in Death Mountain, my message would read. "Poor Sod. Took wrong turn."

Alttp: I'd be a young man with a fake beard in a cave. If you look away from me, I'll take the beard off. I would give you rupees just to shut you up.

LA: I'd be on the mountain crying. When Link approaches I'd be, "Oh... it's you. Well what are you staring at me for jerk! Just finish your stupid quest."

OOT: I'd be flying over the fields with no purpose but to fly.

MM: I'd be in a hole in Termina field hiding from the moon, and when you arrive I'd say if you could give me me. "Thank you, here's a special bomb just for your bother. Now go away."

WW: I'd be floating on a boat with a cup of wine shouting. "Oi. We needs more rope captain."

TP: I'd stand on a mountain in an out of place distance, but you can see my character model.

FS series: I wouldn't be there since there's not much to discover.

OOX: I'd have my own secret room that says, "Have a ring my friend. You'll need it."

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
TP: I'd stand on a mountain in an out of place distance, but you can see my character model.

And everyone would go crazy trying to figure out how to reach you! I love it. *lol* If I can make a suggestion, since the only ones who could reach you would be hackers, you could have one line of dialogue - "What are you doing way out here? Go back to the main field!"

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
And everyone would go crazy trying to figure out how to reach you! I love it. *lol* If I can make a suggestion, since the only ones who could reach you would be hackers, you could have one line of dialogue - "What are you doing way out here? Go back to the main field!"

"If you're expecting the Triforce up here then guess what. The riddle was a lie and this isn't Ocarina." That would be the standard response, here's my response just to drive people nuts.

"The power of gold can be found by following the path of the mail." If anyone believed that then I'd holler.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
This is very peculiar, let me join!

If I were to appear secretly in a cameo of the LoZ series, I prefer to be done in a unpredictable way. One would be me as a NPC that gives advice. here's a scene:

I'm just a normal fat townsfolk in the middle of a town far from Hyrule. Link walks in and talks to me of what he needs. Then I talk and give advice. And that's it. Only the creators and the one who made the cameo knew who that person is! Of course, I never give my name.

It is given, however, at the end credits and might say something like this:

Special Appearance by K4KING

and behind that credit is the picture of the NPC. I'd be happy enough to be in it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
In OoT I would be seen at Death Mountains (only child Link's mode) and would be a bird who shows up behind the annoying Owl and stick out my tongue when he starts to speak.

In TP I would be a ghost in Hyrule Castle who whacks Wolf Link if he goes the wrong direction :P :lol:

In WW I would be just a random Rito who offers Link a Letter to post only to get 20 rupees :lol:

enemytracker

無情な
Inside my personal pot, killing some bugs.
Ho ho! Finnaly some entertaining stuff!

If I could make a cameo in any Zelda game, I would appear in these ways:

Oot: I'd be the pilot of the arwing that attacks you.

MM: My name would be written by someone on the paper airplane that is located at the Ikana castle.

PH: Go to the Temple of the Ocean king, wait for 1 minute, and talk to the first skeleton you see, he would say: "A tracker just cleared this temple in one minute!"

ST: Go to the Tower of Spirits, wait for 30 seconds, go to the the 29th floor, and you'll see a normal phantom with no shield. Let the phantom Zelda talk to it, and the phantom would say: "An enemy just took my shield, where did he go?"

I'll post more creative cameos later...

Anemos

Master of Chaos
I remember back on Zelda Informer when I posted a universal cameo appearance.

I stated that Cuccos represent Zelda Theoreticians. Why?

We squabble and squawk if Nintendo throws something at us.

Plus, many of us are..."cookoo"

:xd:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Hmm.

I did something like that in one of my fics - which was written kind of like a new game. It was done at the suggestion of my co-writer. In "The Great Desert" there is a briefly-seen character called Shadow Felix. She was based on me. She's a hermit that lives in a cave and gives Link a mysterious sword made of bone that can defeat spirit-enemies.

Which leads to...

In LoZ or AoL - perhaps in both, Link would stumble upon a cave in the overworld in which he'd find an old woman who screams at him: "Going away!" He'd have to get out of there before she starts lobbing fireballs at him.

A Link to the Past - I'd be one of those random people trapped in the Dark World. I'd probably take the form of skeletal cat - with ears, goblin-looking thing. I'd be in the Swamp area lamenting that I'd entered the Dark World by getting lost in the Desert and wondering where the Desert went.

Ocarina of Time - I'd appear as a ghost in Kakariko Graveyard at exactly the stroke of Midnight each night during the Adult time. I'd warn Link to stay out of the Shadow Temple if he wishes to remain alive, because I didn't and am no longer.

Wind Waker - An optional puzzle in one of the houses on Windfall (like the puzzle in the Cabana). Link is informed that it is based upon the artists' self-portrait.

Twilight Princess - A villager in Ordon, does odd-jobs around the ranch cleaning the goat stables. Found on Link's day off early in the game if he goes to the ranch and goes into the barn. Will wish him well on his upcoming journey to Hyrule Castle and tell him she needs to get back to work so he should go relax.

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
I've kinda created an alter ego of myself: Sammy Ohera. I think in Tp, I'd make her a villager who helps Link through out the game, like in tight spots she could suddenly appear out of no where. She would also give link powerful arrows that are kind of like Light Arrows, but a little less powerful.

LoZ - If you go through enough of Death Mountain,there'd be a dungeon. At the end, I'd be there. My text would say, "Thank you for saving me, but your princess is in another castle."
AoL - I'd be hidden at the end of a seemingly useless route in Death Mountain. If you found me, I'd give you a free level up.
LttP - I'd be hidden in a remote part of the Light World, underneath a bridge only accessible through the Dark World. If you found me, I'd say, "I'm sorry I can't really help you. I can give you this, though." I'd then proceed to fill your wallet.
LA - If you returned to Marin's spot in Toronbo shores, after opening the Wind Fish's Egg, I'd be there. I'd give you a spiel on your actions and the pros and cons of them. I'd then proceed to tell you to come back after the island has dissapeared. If you beat the ame, and return to my area, I'd have opened a Boss Rush mnigame.
OoT - I'd be in a secret hole in the ground in the area behind the Deku Tree with that extra Gossip Stone. If you found me, I'd take your hoverboots in for repair. After five ingame days, you'd be able to moonwalk with them when L-targeting and moving backwards.
MM - I'd give you the Toon Mask. Link will now be Toon Link.
OoS - In the Tarm Ruins, there'd be a hard to find cave with a fifth jewel. If you found it, it would be used on the gate to the Tarm Ruins and would convert the cave into my lair. I'd then proceed to battle you. After my "defeat," I'd tell you of another secret place and mark it on your map. Upon visitation of me, there, I'd give you a password for use in OoA. It would create a cave there where my Boss Rush minigame in LA would be, but with that game's bosses.
OoA - In the Fairy Woods, you could get the Fairies to play with you a third time. After beating them, they'd hollow out a tree trunk, where I am. Upon your arrival, I'd present you with an ultra hard series of puzzles. After beating them, I'd tell you of another secret place and mark it on your map. When you visit that place, I'd give you a password to use in OoS that would activate a Boss Rush minigame with its bosses.
WW - After completing the figurine set (with a picture of Ganondorf, taken by you), the KoRL would make a comment about a strange feeling he's been getting from Pawprint Isle. There would be a new boulder on one of the little islands dotting the big one. Upon its explosion a Boss Rush minigame could be found w/ WW-ized versions of LA, OoX, andWW bosses.
MC - If you kinstone fuse w/ Tingle before getting the Tingle Trophy, a hole by the Deepwood Shrine will open. There, I will run a (guess what minigame?) Boss Rush of all the MC bosses.
FS - I'd be a picture on the best type of key.
FSA - I'd have a hidden level on the map, only accessible through the correct order of the levels with your cursor. At the end, I'd say, "So, have you liked Nintendo's remake of A Link to the Pas... This is an original game? Umm... Just keep it a secret to everybody, alright?"
TP - After collecting every Poe Soul, if you go to Hyrul Castle's hidden graveyard, you'll find a hole underneath one grave. When you talk to me, I'll talk about my descent from the Poe Collector and "how much Gramps loved 'dem dang Poes." If you give me all 60, another 5 will appear in each of non-Twilight Realm dungeons. If you collected those, I'd tell you a story about the Interlopers that would make the game have a pre-WW placement.
PH - In the TotOK, there would be a secret stairway on the 13th floor, where I would run a Boss Rush minigame w/ all of PH's bosses.
ST - Same as PH, but with the ToS.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
This oughta be fun.

Legend of Zelda: Start the game and quickly go to the Lost Woods, getting hit by a Moblin's arrow the screen before and then go east. If you were quick enough and only got hit once by the Moblin's arrow, you'd find yourself in a green forest with a cloned Link sprite. If you talk to me by pressing the B button in front of me I say "I am Kokiri, and I am from the future. Now leave me alone to wait for my kind's first appearance." and then give him a full 250 something rupees to max out his wallet. If you leave you don't get the rupees but he says "I have a feeling that people are going to start ignoring me a lot."

Adventure of Link: Fire up the game and start in North Castle. You must have all three maxed out stats and all four Heart and Magic Containers and after exactly thirty seconds pass, cast the Thunder, Fire, and Reflect spells in that exact order and leave the screen via the left before another thirty seconds pass. If you were fast enough, you find a cloned Link sprite who says "Leave me alone, I'm still waiting for my kind to appear." Then I disappear and in my sprite's place is a Link Doll. If you try to leave the screen he says "I wish people would stop ignoring me" and force you to talk to him.

A Link to the Past: Start from Link's house and exit within exactly five seconds on the clock since you took control. Use the Bombos Medallion and re enter Link's house. This time you'll be in a 16-bit overhead view rendition of Link's tree house from OoT and another cloned Link sprite (I know, lots of cloned Link sprites in my cameos) if you talk to me I say "I'm still miffed that my kind hasn't appeared yet. Take this and go away." and I give you the Dark Mirror which lets you switch from the Dark World and the Light World at will simply by using it. If you try to leave I say "Stop ignoring me!" and then I shoot lightning at you which does 20 hearts of damage with the Red Tunic, but it makes you invincible for thirty seconds before my sprite appears above Link's head and kills him for a second time with another shot of lightning.

Link's Awakening: If you enter the screen with the Wind Fish's egg and wait thirty seconds before firing a bomb arrow and then entering the egg you'll see a cloned Link sprite. If you talk to him he says "Hey! I'm really ticked off at you! You know why I haven't appeared outside special cameos yet?! Because you steal my thunder!" and then he blasts you with thunder which kills you automatically, but when you restart the game you have three minutes of invincibility. If you try to leave the screen the same thing happens but he says "I've had enough of being ignored!".

Ocarina of Time: If you start the game as an Adult and warp to the Lost Woods via the Minuet of Forest and take three hits from the Club Moblin before running past him and then use the above platforms to get back to the entrance of the Sacred Forest Meadow and bomb the center of where the gate would be a hole appears. Go down it and you see a cloned Child Link model that says "I've always been ignored. Nothing has changed since the first game. Go away!" and then the mini boss theme starts. He tries to shoot lightning at you and it'll kill you in one hit. Manage to get close and slash him and then he'll say "Meanie! Fine take this power up and let me be a discarded idea in peace!" and then your sword strength is quadrupled. If you leave he says "Don't you dare ignore me!!" and then shoots lightning at the top of the passage, blocking it and forcing you to fight him.

Majora's Mask: Go around wearing the Bremen Mask marching the entire three days away marching in a clockwise fashion around Clock Town until the final minutes come. Rush to the inside of the Clock Tower and instead of the Happy Mask Salesman you'll find a cloned model of Link (big surprise, huh?) who forces you to talk to him if you try to leave by saying "Please don't ignore this discarded idea." and when you talk to him he says "This is the only place the developers left for overlooked and discarded ideas like me. I'm sorry I was a jerk in the past, so please take this as an apology." and then he gives you a Wooden Sword which replaces your regular sword in your inventory and is four times as powerful as the Gilded Sword. However, it is lost in ten minutes.

Oracle of Seasons: If you start a new game and open the menu within a second of taking control of Link, waiting thirty seconds, and then closing the menu, you will see a cloned Link sprite blocking the entrance to the screen where Din is. Talk to him and he says "I'm still sorry for being such a jerk before. Please take this as an apology" and he gives you the Master Sword which stays with you for the whole game.

Oracle of Ages: If you start a new game and open the menu after having thirty seconds of control of Link and then close it before a second passes, an 8-bit remix of the Kokiri Forest Theme from OoT will play and a cloned Link sprite will walk up to Link and say "Before it is too late, take this sword and protect Nayru." then he will give you the Master Sword which you get to use to destroy the rock until Veran knocks it away (and ultimately into Farore's hands but you don't know) in the cutscene where she takes over Nayru.

Wind Waker: When you start a new game and attain your Hero's Sword, slash Orca until he knocks you back and rush to the lookout. Backflip out and into the water where you drown to find a cel shaded version of Kokiri Forest with a lone cloned Link model. There isn't any way out unless you talk to him and he says "When you find an underwater castle, look at the window of my relative then pull the sword." and if you do that, instead of getting the Master Sword when you draw it, you get a cel shaded version of the Kokiri Sword.

Minish Cap: If you start the game from Hyrule Town with 100% of everything you can possibly get in the game in terms of collectibles (fusing Kinstones, getting Heart Pieces, etc.) and use a Remote Bomb to launch yourself back into the south entrance (you had to have entered from there before you saved and then restarted) and then go back you will find a cloned Link sprite. He immediately rushes up to you and says "Wow, you have absolutely everything. Everything except my blessing. So please, take this sword." and then you get the Kokiri Sword which acts the same way as the Four Sword except it's nine times as powerful and allows nine copies, but it lasts for nine minutes.

Twilight Princess: If you start from Ordon Village with the Wooden Sword, enter the Ordon Spring within thirty seconds. Step in the water and a copy of young Link in TP style will appear as Link's reflection saying "Wow, you're going to need a better sword. Here, take this." and then he gives you a Gilded Sword in TP style.

Phantom Hourglass: If you start from the Temple of the Ocean King and enter the room where you find the hint for the salvage arm spot where you get the Sun Key within a given time limit, then a cloned model of Link will appear saying "You never said thank you for all the presents I gave you." and then uses the Hurricane Spin to kill Link in one hit (which gives him invincibility for nine minutes until he gets a game over.) If you try to leave he'll say "I'm sick of being mistreated!" and then use the Hurricane Spin on you to do the exact same thing you'd get by talking to him.

Spirit Tracks: If you start from Castle Town, having come in from the train and then leave after ten seconds of being in control, a bubble comes up and says "Wow, riding in the train is fun! CHOO CHOO!" and from then on a Link clone will always appear in your passenger car when pirates attack to steal other passengers (and the miniblins will gather around him affectionately).

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
LoZ-There'd be an extra shop somewhere, and if you entered, the guy would say "Sup L dawg! Pik n chus n by!" Ya, totally. :zora:

AoL-In the Town of Nabooru, I can be found in one of the houses normally locked. Behind me is a passage way. If you talk to me, I say "What's behind me? You'll never know, because, YOU! SHALL NOT! PAASSS!!!!!!"

ALttP-I am a guard of Hyrule Castle. At the beginning of the game, you know how you can go around and talk to the gaurds and they tell you how to play the game. I would tell you about how "Wherever there is a meeting a parting is sure to follow. But that parting need to not last forever." Paraphrazed you know? I don't memorize that well.

LA-Just some random NPC in Animal Village that says, "MACHOP RULES!"

OoT-One of the Kokiri. Just one of the Kokiri.

MM-In a secret hole in Southern Swamp. Fall down it and there's a fairy (like Tatl and Tael) and he says that he's Tatl and Tael's father. That's it...

OoA-Some random guy.

OoS-Some random guy.

WW-If you get the whole Nintendo Gallery, I pop out and say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And then fireworks and streamers :D :D :D :D :D :D

FSA-In the Village of the Blue Maiden, I'm one of the people in the long long line and I say "Aw've bin wertern an dees lahne fer twornie yars."

MC-Some random kid that always brags about seeing the Picori.

TP-A photograph guy like in EarthBound. (I DON'T KNOW!)

PH-A kid goron that says, "Hehehehehehehe, I'm a rock. VROOM VROOM!"

ST-The rabbit man's assistant. I can be found frolicking with the bunnies in the Ocean realm. (No I can't walk on the water. It's a little thing called Wave Runner :P :D :clap: )

Hey, that took about 10 minutes of my life. Aw well, it was fun.

I love this thread. :xd:

LoZ
Would appear in a cave in the graveyard with all the Ghini, hidden under a gravestone. Would be a cloaked guy who says "POLS VOICE IS GHOST TOO".

ALttP
Would appear in the Dark World, somewhere in the main areas... maybe Misery Mire, but I dunno. Would be some kind of mild chimera-type thing (combination of lion, snake and ram). Would say something along the lines of "It's not so bad here. Everyone complains too much."

Then I would proceed to ask what the player thinks of the Dark World, with a few possible responses that will result in different tips about navigating the various areas of the Dark World.

OoT
Looks like Sakon or that "I'm late, I'm late for a very important date" guy. Dances around in the area of the Lost Woods just before the Sacred Forest Meadow, but can only be seen with the Lens of Truth. If you talk to me I'll say:

"Uh-oh. I think I'm lost. Hey kid, you know the way out?" If you talk to me any other time afterwards I'll say "This is pretty scary!"

If you come back in the future to the same area and use the Lens of Truth, a Stalfos will appear and attack. If you kill it and go back to the past and talk to me I'll say "Ever get a really ominous feeling?"

MM
Would be a ghost using the same model as one of the aliens from Romani Ranch (no, I don't think they themselves are ghosts). I would appear in really odd corners of the Ikana area if you are wearing the Captain's Hat, Gibdo Mask or Garo Mask, much in the way that normal Garos appear. When I appear I would say "Oh, wow, you can see me? That's weird. Most people ignore us dead folks. Oh, hey, you're a warrior right?"

Then I would disappear and one of several powerful enemies would appear as fire traps the player in the area until the enemy is defeated. Then a disembodied voice (or text I guess) would say "Being dead is so fun!" Then a Big Poe bottle item would be left for the player. :P

WW
On Windfall Island if you use bait to have a pig dig behind the grave on the hill, it will reveal a hole. Going inside, and you find yourself in a dark cave, resembling one from the Earth Temple with all those coffins along the walls. As you walk in, the door closes. All the coffins open revealing tons of ReDeads and Keese swarm from the ceiling. The only light is a circle of torches in the center, making combat difficult. As time wears on (regardless of whether all enemies are defeated), Poes will start appearing followed by a handful of Stalfos, finally followed by those nasty Blue Bubbles than make you unable to attack.

If all enemies are defeated (no small feat) an utter crapload of rupees and spoils of all kinds spill over the room. After all of them disappear (too many to collect every single one before they disappear), a cackle will sound and you'll be warped outside (like with the Ghost Ship).

MC
Finding my lair involves going to the Royal Valley and the Lost Woods type area. Then go in certain directions in an odd order. Then the sign reads "You're lost". If you pick up the sign, it will reveal a hole. Inside is an NPC Stalfos (me) who says:

"I'm lost! Been lost for two lifetimes! Do you know what that's like kid? And now you're lost too. I've got no luck at all. You can have all these stupid useless stones if you want."

And there would be chests containing a variety of Kinstones. :)

TP
Would be only visible with Wolf Senses and would appear as one of those super creepy "pointer" undead soldiers in Hyrule Castle. Would appear in odd locations in:
A. Hyrule Castle Sewer covered in Twilight, in Wolf Link's cell. Will say: "Am I... a prisoner?"
B. Faron Province covered in Twilight, in the Lantern Cave where the chest was. Will say: "It's so dark..."
C. Eldin Province covered in Twilight, in an odd corner of either the Kakariko or Death Mountain hotspring. Will say: "So dry. Only tolerable in these springs..."
D. Lanayru Province covered in Twilight, in the dried-up bed of Lake Hylia. Will say: "Where is all the water...?"
E. In the Palace of Twilight, just outside of Zant's chamber. Will say: "That guy is so creepy..."
F. If talked to in each area, will finally appear in Snowpeak down in the blizzard part. Will say: "Ahhh, now this is nice. It's perfect."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom