• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda If You Could Get Rid of a Single Enemy in Each Zelda Game, What Would It Be?

Demise_

Gwoh hoh hoh!
Title says it all. You can pick annoying enemies, hard enemies, scary enemies, basically the enemy you want to get rid of most. :P

Here are my choices:
OOT - I have no idea. There weren't any hard or annoying enemies... I'll go with either Redeads/Gibdos or Wallmasters. The first could take out 6+ hearts if you messed up (:O), the second, while easy to avoid, were an absolute pain if you did get caught a couple of times.
TP - This is a hard choice; Ghoul Rats were probably the most annoying enemy. Though they only appeared a few times... I could go with Aeralfos. Cuz they are annoying, pretty damaging if in groups or together with other enemies, and not really fun to fight (unlike Darknuts).
PH - This game doesn't really have enemies that appear throughout the whole game. Except for sea enemies, and these were pathetic. Well, I might as well go with Keese; these can be really annoying on a 3-heart challenge. Or maybe Moldorms; if there were slightly more of them in the game I would definitely get rid of them.
SS - Well guess what, I'm going with Bokoblins! Including all their variations! Quite a surprise, right? :P Or, if Technoblins are too different to be considered a simple variation, I'd rather get rid of those.
FS - Everybody. Stalfos. No seriously, it was the most annoying enemy in the whole game, it was present in nearly every gauntlet room and always came in hordes.

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Only tWW and SS....

In tWW...damn there's a lot I want to get rid of solely because of how annoying they are...but I'll say miniblins.

In SS, I choose Bokoblins. Replace them with some more variety.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Definitely Bokoblins from Skyward Sword!

Probably one of my most hated enemy in the series, after figuring out the patterns each encounter was just plain boring and repetitive, not only is this enemy very easy but the game forces you to repeat the same phase over and over again. It was no lie that this enemy was severely over used and the different versions were basically the same with just a small difference. I don't think in any Zelda game that I have been that motivated to actually avoid an enemy like the Book blind.

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
The stupid hardhat beetles in ALTTP--every time I forget that hitting one will bounce me backwards and I end up falling off the edge. I hate them!!!!!

Also electric chus from SS. I always get my timing messed up because I'm too impatient to wait for it to buzz after splitting before trying to kill it.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Technobokoblins and electric chus from SS, I'm too impatient.

And ReDeads- OoT

And those Guay things- TP

And Miniblins- WW

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't get the hatred towards Skyward Sword's Bokoblins? They were significantly more varied and challenging than any past incarnations lol. Why don't I ever see anyone complaining about those pathetic weaklings? (Oh, right, because bias and/or nostalgia. Silly me.)

LoZ: Bubbles
AoL: Moas
ALttP: Puff Bombers
LA: Bombers
OoT: Peahats
MM: Takkuri
TWW: Kargorocs
TMC: None
TP: Puppets
PH: Sandworms
ST: None
SS: Armos

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
LOZ: The Pol's Voice. The Japanese wouldn't give us the Famicom, so they shouldn't give us enemies requiring the Famicom's microphone to properly fight.
Zelda ii- invisible flying eyeball swarms- there's difficult and then there's a difficulty that just randomly kills you with no skill involved.
Link's Awakening- The Chu Chu's just mess me up so much. They can't be killed with a normal means, mess you up when you hit them while aiming for another enemy, and just appear way too frequently.
OoT- The Peahats serve no purpose other than to frustrate you.
MM- Those kelp-arm things that grab you and throw you away from your destination in the water temple. So annoying, and there must be a better way to control movements.
OoS- Aghanim- his appearance is odd and raises too many questions about the timelines
WW- Miniblins- my worst nightmare- accustically annoying and endless.
TP- Those little pink goblins. They're just so weak. They're pointless.
SS- Those Moblins weren't any Moblins I've ever seen. Be gone you imposters!

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I would kill off all of the Bokoblins/Moblins/<insert-random-title-here>blins of Skyward Sword and force Nintendo to replace them with several different more imaginative enemies.

Demise_

Gwoh hoh hoh!
I don't get the hatred towards Skyward Sword's Bokoblins? They were significantly more varied and challenging than any past incarnations lol. Why don't I ever see anyone complaining about those pathetic weaklings?

The reason people hate them is because they were too similar. Sightly different varieties are nice, but not at the cost of it being almost the single enemy in the whole game, except a few others that are only found in a couple of places throughout the game. I'm kinda exaggerating, but here's a demonstration:

Red Bokoblin - the basic one.
Leader - same thing, calls in two extra bokoblins time to time until you kill him.
Green bokoblin - exact same as red, except for colour.
Bokoblins with different weapons (hammers etc.) - no different to normal ones.
Blue bokoblins - slightly more health. Only there to stay as annoying as ever even when you upgrade your sword.
Weak Bokoblins - only found during the Horde Battle. They don't block your attacks.

Now the only three real varieties:
Archers - shoot arrows and die in one hit.
Technoblins - wield electric swords that deal damage if you touch them.
The cursed bokoblin doesn't deal any damage (almost), and requires the fatal blow to kill.

As I said, they completely took over SS. I'm surprised there wasn't an underwater version. With only 4 varieties, it's kinda boring. I understand that they were the chief minions of Ghirahim, unlike, say, Octoroks that were natural inhabitants of the forest. But a backstory about why the game's enemy set sucks isn't enough to excuse the fact that it sucks.

Not to mention that they were a pain to kill. You slash, they block. You try to slash from the other direction; to do this, you quickly bring over your wiimote to the other side, the game registers it as a slash, and the bokoblin blocks it again. Then you carefully and slowly bring your wiimote to the other side, and by them time you are ready to slash the bokoblin has already blocked on the other side.

OoT: Peahats
PH: Sandworms
SS: Armos
Peahats are SO easy to avoid. :P

I forgot about the Sandworms... Technically they are Moldorms, though, I think. I'm gonna edit my first post right now.

And I found the Armos fun to fight, and VERY scary and annoying on my first playthrough, but if anything, I'd rather pick Beamos. Those guys knew how to beat the crap out of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom