• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ideas/implementations for the Forum

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Here are a couple more large award medal icons we could use for things

0CYbE.png

I like the first, second, fifth, and sixth ones. Looks super beautiful and fit perfectly.:3

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Here are a couple more large award medal icons we could use for things

0CYbE.png

The smaller ones are a bit easier, I have pics of basically anything that could be those. We just need to finish this up and get these in place already. It has been a couple weeks now and I think we just need to make a decision now.
From the top row left to right: I like the first three the most, especially the third one.
From the bottom row left to right, I like your suggestion about using the dA shield for...dA, but I'd like to see that fifth one be used for other competitions. Perhaps you could implement a first/second/third place system in current competitions, and introduce a bronze and silver variant of that same medal?

Majora's Cat

How about that
I thought that other people might want to see it here, since this is a pretty large implementation that a lot of people are aware of:

Ok As Djinn requested, and my sudden outburst and desire to help in managing the market, I made this.

According to Djinn and Locke, the market is identical to the past Market. So I'll base the idea of the marketable-pokemon on it. As for the images for the Pokemon, we can use Gen V sprites.

Djinn and Locke were thinking we'll just buy Pokemon. But eh.....Pokemon is usually supposed to be caught so I'll let this slide. Pokemon will be extremely cheap to extremely costly, each with varying degrees. And since we have an OVERWHELMING 649 Pokemon, I'll limit the list to......Only the Final Forms of the Pokemon. Of course, this is still the suggestion thread, so we'll discuss that further. Here how's it goes:

Looking into the sprites, I say we can borrow some images from Bulbapedia, since their sprites, well Generation V sprites are all 96x96.

(I'll make the list corresponding to the category below, rather I'm making it as we speak and I will show it momentarily, unless I am forced to do something due to the holiday season as of this posting.)

1. Common will be 100. (Ledyba, caterpie, Weedle, Lotad, Wingull, etc.)
2. Uncommon will be 150 to 200. ()
3. Regional will be 250 to 300. In every pokemon game, there are usually Pokemon that are specific to each region, and that's where those Pokemon go too.)
All three above will have unlimited quantities.

4. Rare Pokemon will be 500 Points to 5000.
5. Super Rare will be 7500 Points to 50,000 Points.
6. Regional Rarities will be 50,000 to 100,000.

The three above will have around only 100 numbers. If the market can increase the price as an item is bought and has less quantity, then that's what I'm aiming for, if it can't do that......we'll I'll slap a automatic Maximum price.

7. Legendary Pokemon will have a minimum of 500,000,000 points. There will only be 1 Legendary Pokemon. It gives incentive to anyone who earned them. The right way. (Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh etc.)
8. Sub-Legendary Pokemon will cost 400,000,000 points, and each will have a maximum quantity of 3. (3 Articunos, Zapdos Moltres, Suicune, Raikou, Entei etc.)
9. Special Pokemon will be Special Pokemon that the shop will sell, usually Shiny Pokemon and Event Pokemon. When I was thinking this, I was thinking if the market had some sort of way to make a specific user access the shop after say, I allow to see it. Then They'd have the chance to buy ONE Pokemon from the shop at a VERY VERY cheap Price. If we can't do that, well. Set the Price to 1,000,000,000,000. Let's see them be desperate.

All these were based on the convo with Locke and Djinn. I'm assuming we're using that coupon thing. If not the coupon thing, I'll slash the highest possible price by 80% off. To make it more accessible. And if by the time I post this and The idea has all been shifted, then disregard this and I'll change it to the new idea and try to suit to it.

Mods are currently working on the Point Market for Pokemon. The price for Pokemon rarities will definitely have to lowered, though, since 10,000 points is already incredibly difficult to get, assuming that points will be earned on the same scale as in the past.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Also, I feel the Gold count should be made retroactive.

This would be quite problematic for a number of reasons:

1) forum wipes in the past have left elder members without a sizable post count and there's no way to predict what their post count from back then would be now. Said elder members may be angry that their posts from oh so long ago don't count.
2) Several posts (even from myself) have been spammy and I feel they shouldn't count
3) How would they differentiate from Forum Game posts and regular posts? :P

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
This would be quite problematic for a number of reasons:

1) forum wipes in the past have left elder members without a sizable post count and there's no way to predict what their post count from back then would be now. Said elder members may be angry that their posts from oh so long ago don't count.
2) Several posts (even from myself) have been spammy and I feel they shouldn't count

Is there a way to have two post counts:

Total number of posts (game posts included)
Total number of posts (not including game posts)

Then we can see who is really posting quality stuff vs. just spamming the Game forum. ;)

Majora's Cat

How about that
Is there a way to have two post counts:

Total number of posts (game posts included)
Total number of posts (not including game posts)

Then we can see who is really posting quality stuff vs. just spamming the Game forum. ;)

Having a separate post count including Forum Games is almost promoting it, in a way. Forums will either have a post count excluding things like games or include them. And if most posts in FG are truly spam, then I don't think they should be acknowledged, even in a separate post count (there may be some confusion about how the post counts work, and seeing an incredibly large number that includes Forum Games makes it seem like some people are very heavy posters to those who have a lesser understanding of this theoretical system).

Ventus said:

1) This is true, although some older members may just not care that much at this point. They've all have been through a lot of crap like this and have become desensitized to it. Some individuals lost hundreds or even thousands of posts in the last major forum wipe, and there have been many many more in the past that have probably caused a net loss of a few hundred or thousand more for the oldest members.

The problem is, if everyone starts at 0 points, it would put old members at an even bigger disadvantage, since they have likely made several more posts than newer members (I'm talking about posts that still exist and also those that have been wiped). It's like adding insult to injury by not allowing them to at least have some Gold for their posting after all the wipes and renovations they've had to suffer through.

2) I don't think any of your posts are spammy. xD But I can see where you're coming from. Unfortunately, there's just no way to gauge the quality of posts and then count or discount them based on that. Just because you feel like some posts shouldn't count due to their quality isn't exactly a valid reason to shoot down the idea of a retroactive Market. We rarely see Forum Games-quality posts on other boards, since members generally don't want to be penalized for PPQ. It's not really a problem, since there are just so few posts in serious discussion boards that would even warrant removal, and yours certainly aren't among them, Ventus.

3) I'm not sure if I'm right about this, but it seemed as if the new Points System that was implemented after the Experience System, if you remember that, actually did give points to the members who had post counts before the system. I believe it was based off of post count in the first place, so FG posts wouldn't have counted anyway. I'm hoping it will eventually be changed to the old way this time around so older members can be compensated, or else it would be somewhat unfair to those who have stuck around and made contributions to the boards in the past.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I am aware this may sound like whining or whatever but I thought I'd just throw it out there anyway.

5 Minutes Shout Box Cool-Off Bans.

I don't know if really short Shout Box bans can already be used, but if is then I'd like to suggest they be used more often. One thing that a lot of people seem to have an issue with on the forums is arguments, mostly arguments in the Shout Box. These tend to range from being about specific games to just random problems people conjure up out of thin air, like the argument that prompted a prune last night.

Despite such arguments being between a small number of people, many other users spend the time appealing for people to just let the issue drop or asking for someone to do something about it. I don't think prunes are an appropriate response to such events as it feels like punishing everyone for the actions of a select few users. However, placing a short Shout Box ban on the individuals arguing, say, 5 minutes, would very simply stop the argument dead in its tracks and give those arguing a few minutes to cool-off and let the issue drop so it doesn't start up again when they return.

Just a thought, but I think it's better than the current response of 'ignore until annoyed, then prune'.

I am aware this may sound like whining or whatever but I thought I'd just throw it out there anyway.

5 Minutes Shout Box Cool-Off Bans.

you may find this somewhat ironic, but I am in favor of this.

I know normally I would be on the wrong end of the ban, but I think in the end for everyone, it would be best. I know I get a bit too heated in arguments, so perhaps forcing me to leave for a bit is what'll be best.

If you do this, you should make some sort of notice saying it's only for 5 minutes so I don't try and wipe the forums :|

Djinn

and Tonic
There have been a lot of requests for some better ways to display the items bought in the vbshop but we never turned on the postbit display because of the amount it stretches the individual posts. This is what it does most of the time.
FkBYuI9.png

But a couple of weeks ago I noticed that this forum has an interesting addition in those four dots underneath the avatars in the postbit. Each one is a separate tab that can display something different from stats to awards and purchased items for each member. With this I thought we could turn on the displayed vbshop items and then give the members the option if they wanted to view them or not with that plugin. It remembers the last tab you had selected and all threads will remain on that tab unless you chose to switch.
Postbit Tabs - DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons <this is the plugin btw.
This will also allow us the chose what will be displayed under each tab.

Also playing around that site I saw
vBQuiz - DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons
and
Forumon RPG - DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons

both seemed pretty interesting to me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
^^ YES PLEASE. I don't know what kinds of tax this will have on the forums, but I personally have been dying to see all of the things I bought. I mean, my owning Majora's Mask means little if no one - not even myself sometimes - knows that I have it, right?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I think the plugin with the dots looks fantastic, it'll allow more information to be there without it looking cluttered.

The vBQuiz looks cool, we could also possibly have a community competition quiz similar to the writing, music and art competitions in that anyone can enter, it is managed by a competition leader and there is a prize for the winner.

The RPG is very Pokémon-like :) Would the DGN server be able to handle it though? After what happened the other day... (Not sure how there things work, just a thought).

Djinn

and Tonic
Another thing that has been bugging me lately is how the other themes we have on the forum are not quite....finished. There are a lot of things that could be done to tweak them up a little but the problem is that the admins working on this type of thing are also working on about 10 other projects as well. And I think that a few of the themes could be a little better if they only had a little tweaking. Like the Darksiders theme. I like the colorscheme but then there are things like the really tiny banner and then the LoZ shields.
TVd8cnj.png

Why have LoZ shields in a Darksiders theme? There should be some Darksiders-ey icon there, same with the PD theme, it needs a pokeball or something.
And the PD banner is sooooo tiny with all that leftover space
B0q6o98.png

So my idea was to get some community involvement in this one. That we set up some kind of donate graphics etc, a contest, or something similar to that for the forum. People make things like themed icons for the forum sections, banners for the header (The Gen Game and BP Brown one needs this too) and we could have some kind of reward if the pic is added to the forum. Either something like an award medal, or another idea I had was to add a contributors section on the site somewhere and list the names and what they made etc.

It's all pretty undefined right now but it is a thought to have some work done on the themes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom