• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ideas/implementations for the Forum

Maybe there should be a set of members who are dedicated to doing things such as this. Kind of like a creative team, who take suggestions into account and make them a reality. Then of course the ideas will eventually get implemented when ready.

I really like this idea, and it honestly makes the most sense. Even if it were just two or three people, that'd go a long way towards helping improve the forum, at least in terms of aesthetics and such. I think the biggest gap that needs to be bridged right now is communication. That's been a problem for a little while, and it shows. Overall, I think this section needs to be used more, and in general facilitate communication between various staff and the members. Justin's idea of a sort of round table where various members would contribute ideas and suggestions was a good start (unfortunately that seemed to die out rather quickly), and I'd like to see such a thing expanded upon, and be even more inclusive. Obviously not every single suggestion is going to be considered or implemented, but I think it'd be great to just pool ideas and suggestions in a manner that would be easy to review and have those that are deemed the best be implemented.

Also,

Here's some new ZD Brown icons, which shouldn't have the cropping issue present in the current ones:

6IYZf.png

No New
6IZ3k.png

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Here's a list of the Zelda-specific icons we're using:

• forum_lock-16.png
    forum_lock-16.png (16x16)
  • forum_new_lock-48.png
    forum_new_lock-48.png (50x50 - should be 48x48)
  • forum_new-16.png
    forum_new-16.png (16x16)
  • forum_new-48.png
    forum_new-48.png (50x50 - should be 48x48)
  • forum_old_lock-48.png
    forum_old_lock-48.png (50x50 - should be 48x48)
  • forum_old-16.png
    forum_old-16.png (16x16)
  • forum_old-48.png
    forum_old-48.png (50x50 - should be 48x48)
  • forum_lock-16.png
  • thread_dot_hot_lock_new-30-right.png
    thread_dot_hot_lock_new-30-right.png (40x37)
  • thread_dot_hot_lock-30-right.png
    thread_dot_hot_lock-30-right.png (40x37)
  • thread_dot_hot_new-30-right.png
    thread_dot_hot_new-30-right.png (40x37)
  • thread_dot_hot-30-right.png
    thread_dot_hot-30-right.png (40x37)
  • thread_dot_lock_new-30-right.png
    thread_dot_lock_new-30-right.png (40x37)
  • thread_dot_lock-30-right.png
    thread_dot_lock-30-right.png (40x37)
  • thread_dot_new-30-right.png
    thread_dot_new-30-right.png (40x37)
  • thread_dot_old-30-right.png
    thread_dot_old-30-right.png (40x37)
  • thread_dot-30-right.png
    thread_dot-30-right.png (40x37)
  • thread_hot_lock_new-30.png
    thread_hot_lock_new-30.png (40x37)
  • thread_hot_lock-30.png
    thread_hot_lock-30.png (40x37)
  • thread_hot_new-30.png
    thread_hot_new-30.png (40x37)
  • thread_hot-30.png
    thread_hot-30.png (40x37)
  • thread_lock_new-30.png
    thread_lock_new-30.png (40x37)
  • thread_lock-16.png
    thread_lock-16.png (16x16)
  • thread_lock-30.png
    thread_lock-30.png (40x37)
  • thread_new-16.png
    thread_new-16.png (16x16)
  • thread_new-30.png
    thread_new-30.png (40x37)
  • thread_old-30.png
    thread_old-30.png (40x37)
  • thread-16.png
    thread_16.png (16x16)
  • thread-16-left.png
    thread-16-left (16x16)
  • thread-16-right.png
    thread-16-right (16x16)

A lot of those are redundant though. For example we don't distinguish hot topics, and we don't distinguish new posts for locked threads. Really there are only 6 unique icons there, plus shrunk versions.

Djinn

and Tonic
A while back I was trying to come up with various ideas for a group of people who have the main job of implementing or improving aspects of the forum by way of tweaking the themes, making new ones, or adding graphics. I think a page or two ago I said something along the lines of a contributors section on the site somewhere that lists names and what graphic they contributed, etc. Or make a usergroup titled something like architects with the same job. Even an award badge granted to those who contributed a graphic that was picked up and used on the forum might work.

A while back I was trying to come up with various ideas for a group of people who have the main job of implementing or improving aspects of the forum by way of tweaking the themes, making new ones, or adding graphics. I think a page or two ago I said something along the lines of a contributors section on the site somewhere that lists names and what graphic they contributed, etc. Or make a usergroup titled something like architects with the same job. Even an award badge granted to those who contributed a graphic that was picked up and used on the forum might work.

I think the architect usergroup title would suffice.

Alright, here's all the icons:

40 x 37

New Post
6OWio.png

New Post Subscribed
6OWrM.png

New Post Locked
6OWkg.png

New Post Locked Subscribed
6OWmg.png

No New
6OWDj.png

No New Subscribed
6OWEy.png

No New Locked
6OWMV.png

No New Locked Subscribed
6OWON.png

16 x 16

New Post
6OXrt.png

New Post Subscribed
6OX18.png

New Post Locked
6OX7o.png

New Post Locked Subscribed
6OX3X.png

No New
6OX9M.png

No New Subscribed
6OXhR.png

No New Locked
6OXiY.png

No New Locked Subscribed
6OXkt.png

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
You know, since Kitsu's talking about ZD Brown, I also wanted to ask... Would it be difficult to add a link to the homepage of ZD at the top of the brown layout? I'd use that more if that was there. Instead I'm using the Darksiders layout; I want something with a darker background, but that link that leads to the front page is very convenient. Even a small bar along the top like the one in the Darksiders layout that links to all the different DGN main pages would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom