• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Just Switched To Google Chrome

Well, I just switched to Chrome. The main reason was because I had some very- very personal information that was saved when Firefox was my own personal browser. That was when the whole family used IE with the exception of me. So, I switched to the Chrome, and I'm very impressed with the results. It's faster, looks nicer, easier to navigate. What do you think? Do you use Chrome?

Tom

Chrome is, to me, a failure compared to Firefox in terms of Flash and Image loading/playing. It constantly crashes and will freeze eventually while I'm playing my lame Runescape or even watching Youtube. It is indeed slightly faster, but the new version of Firefox has really impressed me, and I've been using it for the past few months. I think you should give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:

David

But you called me here...
I'm a major Firefox user. However, I also use a lot of Google Chrome.

I am a Firefox Alpha tester. This means that I run a version of Firefox that is 2 versions ahead of the official release. At the time of this post, the current official release is Firefox 7. I am running Firefox 9. This means that I have to deal with a lot of potential crashing issues and experimental features, but I don't really mind the risks. Firefox Aurora (as they call this version) is, in my opinion, much better than Google Chrome. It feels a lot faster, a lot more streamlined, and a lot more powerful.

However, I also use Chrome for a lot of my secondary accounts and other needs. Being a web developer, administrator, and webmaster of Pokemon Dungeon, I have many accounts that I have to often use simultaneously. Having Chrome open allows for me to be logged into a bunch of the same sites that I use in Firefox, but with different accounts.

I have nothing against Google Chrome, as I really like their interface and capabilities. However, Firefox just feels much better than Chrome.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I just switched to Chrome too. I like it a lot but I guess that's because I'm coming from Internet Explorer. I remember Firefox on my old computer and I liked it more. If it was up to me I would have Firefox.

Although Chrome does auto fill the url of a website if I go to it frequently so I only have to type a few letters and press enter.

I'm a Chrome person. I've even downloaded it on several of my school's computers because I can't stand Internet Explorer.

Web Browsers.jpg

C

Chutzpah

If you use Chrome, adblocking and other major features are disabled on Google. I use chromium because I'm not a Google slave. I only use firefox for taking snapshots of web-pages, etcetera, because it has a tonne of add-ons. In summary, IE<Chrome<Firefox<Chromium.

I'm a Chrome person. I've even downloaded it on several of my school's computers because I can't stand Internet Explorer.

Same here! I'm a major Chrome person. I started using it in April, and I've caught on so much that no one can rip it from my computer. I know my way around it very well. I tried using Firefox in the past, but it never caught on like Chrome (plus it looks too much like the horrendous Internet Explorer. *shudders*).

I never had a problem with it in the past, but now my home page is this crappy Comcast browser that doesn't even compare to the easiness of Google. (I don't know if everybody is having this problem, but it's really making me mad. Also, can you change your homepage on Chrome? If so, how? Huh, and I said I knew my way around Chrome...)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I tried using Chrome for a bit, but I just can't get away from Internet Explorer. I'm already familiarized with about every aspect of IE, and try as I might it'd simply take too long a while before I adjusted, to be honest.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I used Google Chrome now because Internet Explorer and Firefox loads too slow for my computer and I like the interface of Google Chrome better. To me, it's more user-friendly.

Iv been using Chrome alot but lately its been freezing on me constantly so im probobly guna be switching back to firefox for a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom