• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Just Switched To Google Chrome

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Due to my old laptop crashing, I was forced to move to a smaller and less powerful Acer computer which has an outdated Firefox browser. It runs on Linux, that quite frankly sucks, and since I'm only familiar with Windows I can't figure out how to update the browser, which I'd want to be Google Chrome. For some senseless reason, when I've tried installing the newest version of Firefox, a message appears claiming that the product wouldn't run. Thankfully, though, seeing as my birthday's today (yay!), I'm going to get a new laptop soon, and along with it Chrome, my old favorite browser. As it is, Acer incommodates me quite a bit, even though it is good for portability and writing. But that's about it.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
Firefox all the way. i'm the only person that uses my laptop so don't need to worry about any personal info being seen

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I started with IE. I used it for years and then I switched to FF and I was hooked from the first day. I kept on using FF for years. But then I bought a new pc with windows 7 64 bit and FF started to crash all the time. First I used one of Chrome's versions for windows 7 64 bit and later I switched to Chrome. I like Chrome. I am not someone who needs like 1000 applications or add ons. Just what I need and nothing more. I don't want my pc to turn into a huge application pc. So I liked Chrome from the start. Easy to use, easy to navigate, fast and reliable. I still use FF because when I want to resize pics in my personal website I need to do this in FF since Chrome doesn't work here with this. But that's fine with me. I am happy with my browsers. IE didn't cause me any troubles lately but I am not an IE person.

After Internet Explorer and then Firefox, I currently find myself using Chrome all the time! simply love the web browser! It's fast, efficient, and gets the job done. Google is a technological giant I support all the way! IE was good at first but then slowed soon thereafter whereas if I recall correctly (sorry, not a tech junkie), Firefox pre loads all links on a page before you even click on them so that causes some slow.

E

Eltomato

I use google chrome, it's amazing. I love it, it's nice and clean styled and runs nice and fast.

Kazumi

chagy
Well, I've been using Chrome since the early open beta of it a few years ago, and I have to say that it's my favourite browser yet. Before that I had been faithfully using Firefox, but after trying Chrome for a bit I just couldn't go back. In fact, Chrome has gotten better since where as Firefox has gotten worse (in my opinion). I love how fast and efficient with resources Chrome is. It's a great lightweight browser that I can run on a lousy laptop, or in the background on my gaming PC while running CPU-intensive games. I love it's clean and minimalist look, and I love the way that most of the addons that made Firefox great are integrated into Chrome in a variety of ways.

The only thing I regret about Chrome is the fact that the main project isn't open-source, where as Firefox is. I like to think that I support open-source development, but using Chrome makes me somewhat hypocritical in that sense. Oh well.

Chrome in my opinion is the best browser around :)
It's been rated several times as the fastest and most secure browser to-date.
Not only that, it has a wide variety of plugins that you can choose from! ^_^

Firefox's extensive add-on library and immense customizability will keep me using it for the time being.

I use Chrome and the reasons are obvious. I remember feeling guilty at first though. I had spent so many years so devoted to Firefox that I felt like I was betraying them when I made the switch to Chrome. Haha which is silly, I know :P

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
I like to use scripts with my browsers and Firefox has this script that reverts Youtube into one of its earlier looks. However, Google Chrome has a script to hide Facebook timeline, something Firefox doesn't have. So I'm starting to use Chrome more now because I like its scripts more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom