• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hurrah! EA is Voted Worst Company!

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
The only good thing they have is Sims and Sim City, but even those games are buggy as hell.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Sure, EA is responsible for publishing and largely keeping their grimy claws off of at least a few decent games, but compared to the damage they've caused elsewhere IMO giving them any credit for the things they've managed to let happen right just by not bothering to interfere is just beside the point by comparison to how badly they've @#$% so much else up.

Remember when Bioware was the leading developer of some of the most critically acclaimed role-playing game adventures in video game history? That stopped around the time EA became Bioware's daddy. Now Bioware is the gutter trash of the video game industry. At least other developers were crushed outright by EA before they could screw em up like they did Bioware.

Harm >>>> Good

A couple good games does not excuse EA the rape-job they've done on the industry at large.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Remember when Bioware was the leading developer of some of the most critically acclaimed role-playing game adventures in video game history? That stopped around the time EA became Bioware's daddy. Now Bioware is the gutter trash of the video game industry. At least other developers were crushed outright by EA before they could screw em up like they did Bioware.

Harm >>>> Good

A couple good games does not excuse EA the rape-job they've done on the industry at large.

It didn't, actually. Again, EA was Bioware's publisher when Bioware produced Dragon Age: Origins and the second Mass Effect (they publish PC and PS3 copies of the first game). While Dragon Age II was one of the worst games of the decade, it was produced without interference from EA. Even the expansion pack to the original game (Awakening) featured a better story and gameplay, despite being developed in a fraction of the time. EA's ******** can be seen in titles like Mass Effect 3, where emphasis is placed on "broadening the demographic" (AKA dumbing the entire game down, stripping the RPG elements away, and force-feeding it multiplayer), and Star Wars: The Old Republic (turning a beloved franchise into an MMORPG, thus alienating Bioware's original fanbase).

Personally, I didn't like the first KOTOR. Adored the second game, but not the first. The second game was just designed so much better.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
It didn't, actually. Again, EA was Bioware's publisher when Bioware produced Dragon Age: Origins and the second Mass Effect (they publish PC and PS3 copies of the first game). While Dragon Age II was one of the worst games of the decade, it was produced without interference from EA. Even the expansion pack to the original game (Awakening) featured a better story and gameplay, despite being developed in a fraction of the time. EA's ******** can be seen in titles like Mass Effect 3, where emphasis is placed on "broadening the demographic" (AKA dumbing the entire game down, stripping the RPG elements away, and force-feeding it multiplayer), and Star Wars: The Old Republic (turning a beloved franchise into an MMORPG, thus alienating Bioware's original fanbase).

So, what you're saying is Bioware's acclaim stopped around the time EA became Bioware's daddy.

EA is a decent company. EA's games were better generations past but the company continues to produce good titles now. Unfortunately, EA has also pioneered cumbersome impediments like online passes, micro-transactions, and always online games.

Peter Moore's statements do crack me up a bit though. I don't recall EA supporting the LGBT movement in its games, for example, and to call the company a victim of homophobia is ridiculous.

C

Cucco's Revenge

Personally, I didn't like the first KOTOR. Adored the second game, but not the first. The second game was just designed so much better.

SW:TOR Was pretty good at first, but then the whole thing just got boring after a while, even more so when you hit Lv. 50 where all you have to do is Daily stuff, and PvP Warzones.

I liked both KOTORs, but I think KOTOR 2 was the stronger of the two. :)

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
[rant]To me SW:TOR wasn't good at first so much as it hadn't become insufferable yet. Very few games I've played are actually agonizing to play after a short while. I kept waiting for SW:TOR to get good, instead it only became more and more painful.

Biowaste certainly nailed the foul-up of the year award 2012 in a year littered with already impressive video game garbage.

Thank you Electronic Arts. Thank you for pillaging and plundering an industry devoted to fun and entertainment and raping it until it is nothing more than your personal corporate entity. If you're not crushing acclaimed developers outright you're assimilating the rest into your Borg collective of imbeciles. foul-up of the year, golden poo ... as far as I'm concerned EA execs get the d-bad of the century award.[/rant]

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
[rant]To me SW:TOR wasn't good at first so much as it hadn't become insufferable yet. Very few games I've played are actually agonizing to play after a short while. I kept waiting for SW:TOR to get good, instead it only became more and more painful.

Biowaste certainly nailed the foul-up of the year award 2012 in a year littered with already impressive video game garbage.

Thank you Electronic Arts. Thank you for pillaging and plundering an industry devoted to fun and entertainment and raping it until it is nothing more than your personal corporate entity. If you're not crushing acclaimed developers outright you're assimilating the rest into your Borg collective of imbeciles. foul-up of the year, golden poo ... as far as I'm concerned EA execs get the d-bad of the century award.[/rant]

It's easy to blame EA for Bioware's recent ****ups, but it wouldn't be accurate. Dragon Age II was a terrible game without any interference from EA. It featured a garbage story, setting, and character development. It didn't feature any arbitrary multiplayer elements, or unnecessary DRMs. It was trash based solely on Bioware's incompetence.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
It's easy to blame EA for Bioware's recent ****ups, but it wouldn't be accurate. Dragon Age II was a terrible game without any interference from EA. It featured a garbage story, setting, and character development. It didn't feature any arbitrary multiplayer elements, or unnecessary DRMs. It was trash based solely on Bioware's incompetence.

Truth. As far as I'm concerned Bioware and EA are in the same boat. Practically indistinguishable.

For the record, though, I actually didn't have any problems with DAII and vastly preferred it over its predecessor. At the end of the day, though, it is still the same old Biowaste spooge. And I completely understand people's criticisms of it whether I share them or not.

Remember, though, that Bioware started going down in flames after EA's acquisition. And we all know what EA does to development houses they acquire.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Truth. As far as I'm concerned Bioware and EA are in the same boat. Practically indistinguishable.

For the record, though, I actually didn't have any problems with DAII and vastly preferred it over its predecessor. At the end of the day, though, it is still the same old Biowaste spooge. And I completely understand people's criticisms of it whether I share them or not.

Remember, though, that Bioware started going down in flames after EA's acquisition. And we all know what EA does to development houses they acquire.

You mean other than the lack of plot, the arbitrary moral dialogue wheel, the colorless setting you were never allowed to leave, the reuse of the same dungeon for everything, the useless warrior class, the removal of extensive dialogue options with companions, the diverse openings, and any sort of meaningful world development? Dragon Age II was so bad that its final DLC, Mark of the Assassin, openly mocked it.

I can never forgive EA for what they did to Sim City. No offline mode was a travesty, and that's not even beginning to touch on the disasters with the servers and bugs.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Congratulations to EA for being the first company to ever be a repeat victor of the Golden Poo award!

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:
26dd713a-c4f1-4872-b931-3f1ef0d9013d_zps6cca8ce1.jpg

Last edited:

Dan

Well the pros are as follows...
They had that lovely "EA GAMES challenge everything" which I thought was nice. :)

Now the cons are as follows.
-Destroy great franchises by milking them dry.
-Destroy great development teams.
-Destroy originality
-Questionable DLC
-Online pass
-Always online DRM
-Origin
-Try to make DRM and online look beneficial when in reality it's still DRM(Calling Simcity an mmo or giving some petty dlc with online pass)
-Got rid of the EA games challenge everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom