• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Hunger Games: XII

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Here's the Prologue! Enjoy!

Prologue : Mare Blackpoint

Everything ran through my mind for the 20th time. Standing tall, hoping that Leif or his siblings wouldn’t be called. Even at the age of 19, he was eligible for the Hunger Games. It wasn’t like that before the Mockingjay. Of course there was the cheery “ladies first” rule. My luck was horrible.

“Tekara Ki!” Oh no… I thought. Not her. Anyone but her. I hoped that I had heard wrong. I hadn’t.

“Mare Blackpoint!” My luck didn’t get better. I saw Leif standing there, looking at me to the podium. I know Leif. I knew what he was going to say.

“No, you’re not volunteering.” I said. “You have Berri, Lea, and your mother to look after. You know how to survive. I’m going.” Leif swallowed back tears. Berri and Lea ran up and hugged my legs.

Berri was 11. I remembered her crying when her name was first entered for the Reaping. Lea was 10. It was his first year, and he was losing me. I always knew it was coming, though. I’m 15. It’s a wonder Leif survived as long as he has. Thinking back, though, it wasn’t. He lost his older sister when she took Leif’s place. That’s when I met Leif. That’s when we met because of how alone we felt.

I managed to shake off Lea and Berri, then I walked on to the stage. I couldn’t bear to look at them. Not like this.
The Reaping repeated itself over and over again, only occasionally freeing me from it’s grasp so I could watch the Reaping in the other districts.

First there was a boy from District 3. His name was Erak Xalon. He was my age. But I knew that he wasn’t one to understand me. He wouldn’t make a team here in the Capital. His eyes were a pale blue and his blond hair was pale. He looked really familiar… But why?

When I pulled myself out of my Reaping we were on to District 5. A girl named Chailyn was called. Her last name was drowned out by the thump of my heartbeat when I walked up to stand next to Tekara. She seemed 17, but I couldn’t tell for sure. She had mid-back straight brown hair.

Another two districts passed and I snapped out of the Reaping to see the boy from District 7 get called up. His name was Zordo Danascus. His hair was brown and almost shoulder length. He didn’t hesitate to stand on the stage in front of his district. Was he like me? Without a family?

I zoned out for a longer time than before. The last time the Reaping played in my head, it was in sync with the TV.

“Ladies first!” Effela Sleigh said as she reached in the ball to grab a name. “Tekara Ki!”

Tekara was only a year younger than me at the age of 14. Her hair was dark brown and tied in it’s usual french braids. That only made her emerald green eyes stand out. They’re like those shiny holographic cards that only the rich can afford. For second time in my life, I saw her bravely stand up to something that even she knew she couldn’t handle. Her mother was a cook for District 13, so everyone knew that Tekara was good with knives. Put her skill with knives aside, and she’s as normal as you can get in Panem.

Then I couldn’t watch anymore. Effela called my name and I left the room. Technically, this could result in decapitation, because Tributes are required to watch the Reaping in all the Districts, but I got lucky. The Peacekeeper blocking the door put his hand on my shoulder, walked away from the door and said something that changed my life.

“I hope you win.”

Jedizora

:right:
Cool, I really like how you had Mare examine all the other tributes. I can't wait until the rest.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I like it a lot. I must say, I wonder what that peacekeeper said that for......and I finally understand why you had District 13 included.....this is after the events of Mockingjay, isn't it?

Last edited:

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Awesome! I love the prolouge! You did your detailing very well, I like it so far! And yes!!! Tekara comes in quickly! Great job MS13! Can't wait till the story continues! :D

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Hmmm, good prologue. Not much really to say other than that.
Thanks Ganondork.

Hm, I never signed up for ths. Whatever.

But how could this take place after- oh i see what you did.
If you still want to sign up, the thread is still open in the Sign-Up section. I had Mare explain everyone the way he did so that others could join afterward and it would still make sense.

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( you said someone needed to wonder)
Yes. Yes I did.

Awesome! I love the prolouge! You did your detailing very well, I like it so far! And yes!!! Tekara comes in quickly! Great job MS13! Can't wait till the story continues! :D
Thanks, Keyari! I'm glad so many people are looking forward to the rest!

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I just finished the first chapter this morning. It's a bit short compared to the Prologue in my opinion, but I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 1 : Lynia Ridell

I was only happy that I watched the Reaping when they got to District 13. The last tribute. Mare Blackpoint. I could tell something that no one else would figure out. Mare’s eyes darted from person to person, that meant that he had experience with a sword. People who use a sword need to see everything at once so they don’t make a fatal mistake.

But where would he get a sword, and why would he need one? Especially in District 13? I thought. District 13 was strict security because deep underground they worked with nuclear weapons. Ironically enough the place where they make nuclear weapons is the same place they took shelter from them during the Second Rebellion. The Second Rebellion. I thought. When the Mockingjay was around.

Zordo Danascus

The Reaping looked almost identical as it did at home. I thought. The only thing they took out was each tribute’s information. It would give other tributes an unfair advantage. Like the Capital cares. I plopped down on the king sized bed that the Capital provided for each tribute. The comforter was covered in tiny Capital insignias stitched in by some machine or lunatic Capital citizen.

I want to burn the room to the ground. I got away with destroying the room I stayed in on the train. I had nothing better to do. After all, it’s not like I had family or friends to tell me that I could win. Not that it would do any good. But then something occurred to me. If I win the Hunger Games, everyone will know me. At that moment I made a choice.

I was going to win.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Really good chapter. I love their determination.

By the way, I think I know why it's after Mockingjay and why the Districts are involved. Should I just tell my theory here?
I'd prefer you not to, just so that everyone can guess on their own. But you're free to tell others via VM or PM if they want to hear your theory.
I must say, I like it. I presume you'll keep going with the other tributes' points of view?
Yeah, XII will continue switching between different tribute's points of view. The original plan was to stick to Mare's point of view, but I thought it'd be more mysterious and make you think more if the view kept changing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom