• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Hunger Games Fanfic

amaterasu

Writer
An ocean? I've always wanted to know what was near the ends of the Arena. Maybe it's a remote island?

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
No, all arenas are in the Capitol. The ocean is part of the arena. About two miles out there's a force field, signifying the end, with a thin stretch of land in a ring.

Ganondork

goo
Interesting so far! Action packed, and thankfully you know not to have the Capitol help with the killing just yet. However, I did get thrown off a few times with your dialogues. You did ""We're going to die!" Carl breathed. "No, it'll be alright." Carla replied." Do it more like:
""This can't be happening!" Jack yelled.

"God, we're screwed!" Pandora called." (And yes, I'm aware both are on opposite alliances, just pulled random names out there)

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I might post it tomorrow. I've got the basic idea of what's going to happen. What you should know is that one NPC is going to die...........and one real person........

amaterasu

Writer
I would be amazed if Ammy died, cuz she hasn't even spoken in the story yet! but i won't care much, i'll still read on!

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
MARE HASN'T DIED YET!!!!! HOORAY!!! It's cool enough that he hasn't died yet, but being the leader of a mini-organization makes him that much cooler.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
@Master Sword 13, Just because he's the leader doesn't mean he won't die............o.o

Day 4

Chrys Forsohn
District 11

We've been running quite a while now, becoming paranoid, thinking that every snapping twig is a Career, usually it's just a squirrel, but once it was a pig (though there isn't much difference between that and a Career). I know that we can't take any chances. But I'm tired and I want to rest, except we can't.

Finally, Mare tells us we can stop and rest. We gratefully oblige. We set up necessary precautions, of course. Then I notice Kai and Zordo talking to Mare. I

AM PISSED AT THIS AUTO SAVE! IT DIDN'T SAVE ALL OF IT! I'LL HAVE THE REST OF IT UP TOMORROW! I DON'T FEEL LIKE TYPING THE REST OF IT NOW! STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID!

amaterasu

Writer
D: I was so excited when I saw you post, and now i'm all sad cuz you don't have all of it. : (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
@Master Sword 13, Just because he's the leader doesn't mean he won't die............o.o
This thing wouldn't edit my post, so I copied and pasted. Yay!

Day 4

Chrys Forsohn
District 11

We've been running quite a while now, becoming paranoid, thinking that every snapping twig is a Career, usually it's just a squirrel, but once it was a pig (though there isn't much difference between that and a Career). I know that we can't take any chances. But I'm tired and I want to rest, except we can't.

Finally, Mare tells us we can stop and rest. We gratefully oblige. We set up necessary precautions, of course. Then I notice Kai and Zordo talking to Mare. I hear something about weapons mentioned. Then he calls a meeting. We all follow.

He starts talking. "Ok, I know that that mission was supposed to be about aquiring weapons. That part didn't work out well, but we got rid of two competitors, and we stowed away the weapons from the Careers." Amaterasu snorts. "Always Mr. Sunshine, right? Everything's just nice and happy while we perish in this arena...."

Mare is not amused. "Mr. Sunshine?" he asks. Zordo rolls his eyes. Mare continues. "If Am has no more sarcastic comments, please let me continue. Anyway, we require those weapons. But first, those who have weapons, raise their hand." Zordo, Storm, and Kai raise their hands. I see Pandora half raise her hand, and then put it down.

Mare turns to her."Yes, Pandora?" She replies, "I got a crossbow, but I'm not as good as that with a bow and arrow." Kai speaks up. "Hey! I got a bow and arrow because it would take to long to shoot all those arrows into the trees....Do you want it?" Pandora smiles. "Yes, please."

At least Pandora is happy. Mare turns to Zordo and Storm. "I know you have a broadsword, Zordo, but what about you, Storm?" He replies (I now realize this is the first time I have ever heard him speak. And he's from MY district), "A stick."

There's a ripple of laughter. Mare looks at him. "A stick?" he says incredulously. Storm nods. "A quarterstaff. But my dad always said that a quarterstaff was just a fancy word for a stick." Another ripple of laughter. Mare decides not to pursue the subject.

"Anyway, that leaves Chrys, Am, Kai (now), and of course, me, weaponless," he says. "We need to retrieve those weapons. They're located in an oak tree right next to the tree marked 12. Now who's the best tree climber here?" Me and Am raise our hands. "Great," he says, but I see him look at Am, as if daring her to make a sarcastic comment.

She doesn't. Now that the situation is serious, she has shut up. "Anyway, can you guess what I want you to do?" he implies. We both nod. "Climb the tree, get the weapons, avoid the Careers, come back." He nods. "Do it a bit at a time. We don't want you slowed down."

We nod. "We understand," says Am. Mare looks at her. "No sarcasm? Good, though it's too much to hope it won't be permanent. Anyway, good luck. If not...." He gulps. The second time I've seen him done that.

We head on our way, and the hours (it seems so) are agonizing. We finally reach a tree marked with 12. We look next to it, and there's the tree." Am says, "I'll climb and get the weapons. You watch for enemies." I nod. That I can do.

I hear a rustling noise, and I go to investigate. Then I suddenly slip on a small cliff, and fall down. Cursing, I get back up. The small cliff appears to be made of solid rock. How could that have given way? Then I notice the pick axe laying there. It's not muddy, so it must have been recent.

Then I hear a rustling noise again. I feel afraid. I'm weaponless, and I can't call for Am, she's too far away. Then three Careers step out of the woods. They're both tributes from 2 and the boy from 3. I gasp. They set this trap. And I was foolish enough to fall into it.

The boy from 2 wields a mace, the girl a dagger, the boy from 3 a lance. I see their expressions. Happy, gleeful, triumphant. That doesn't matter. They probably will be the doom of me. But if they are, I reflect, I'll take down as many as possible. Before I lose my life.

Sorry about yesterday. Anyway, this day's not over. Expect the rest tomorrow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom