• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Hunger Games Fanfic

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Thanks a lot. Everyone will get a turn, and yes, there are some NPC's that might make it further than you (Both tributes from 2 and 4, and the boy from 3). From now on, everything is random. I might post the next day (meaning chapter) tomorrow. Thanks for your support.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
The second chapter (or day). BTW, some characters don't know others' names, so sometimes you're characters will or will not be mentioned by name.

Day 2

Ella Grace
District 10

I wake up with a sword to my throat. My eyes widen, than I look up as far as I can without impaling myself. It's the girl from District 1, don't remember what her name is. I silently curse myself for my lack of awareness, and my stupidity. I'd chosen the prairie as the place to hide because people would look in the forest, it's better protection. I was wrong.

"Don't move or I slit your throat," says the girl from District 1. I look around and see who's there. All the Careers, and someone else. It's the boy from District 3. He must have been allowed into the Careers. I remember him from the interviews. He had a very sardonic sense of humor. He'd fit in well with the Careers.

The boy from 2 laughs in a strange tone, such as the one having the air knocked out of his stomach. "We would kill you now, except we are on a tight schedule." The boy from 1 says, "We can't kill you because it would take too long, but if you wish, you may join us."

I do a double take. Me? Join the Careers? Then I remember my training session, when I had, out of anger, thrown a throwing knife, impaling a sleeping Gamemaker by his sleeve to the table. They'd almost talked about it in the interview. But.... I'd been offered by Mare Blackpoint in an alliance, and I'd agreed. Then I realize what I can do.

I can still be in his alliance. But I can appear to be on the Career's side. As long as they don't kill me, I can spy on the Careers. I squirm a bit, trying to get that blade away from my throat. "I might think about it if you take that away." She obliges. I clear my throat, and answer. "I accept."

Mare Blackpoint
District 12

I notice a sideways 12, the signal that Pandora is in the area. I smile. She'd be happy when she found out how many allies I had got. I look around a bit. Then I find her sleeping in the trees. "Pandora," I say. "Wake up." She yelps. Apparently, she hadn't been asleep. How can anyone sleep in these Games?

"You startled me," she says. She looks around. "Did you get allies?" I nod. "How many?" she asks. "Counting you and me? Eight, maybe nine." Her jaw drops. "Eight? Nine? That many people listened to you?" I shrug. "I said maybe eight." She comes on me fast. "And even if we defeat the Careers, then there'd be eight or nine of us left to duke it out."

I reply, "You said to get as many as possible....." "I said to get as many as possible without overdoing it. This is overdoing it. By the way, who did you get?" I am glad for a chance to speak. "Both from 7, the girl from 8, maybe the boy from 9, the girl from 10, both from 11 and of course, us."

I just finish saying this when Zordo bursts into the area. "Mare, I know you said to wait, but the girl from 10 is with the Careers." I look at him, and then at Pandora. "Seven or eight. Is that better?" She snorts and rolls her eyes. "Hardly."
I give up on winning this arguement.

"Just come on, there are seven or eight of us, six Careers and two other tributes. That evens out almost perfectly. Odds are, a lot of us will die while doing that." Zordo snorts. "That's a happy thought."

I just grab Pandora and drag her over. Every day I last in this games, I plan to learn a lesson. The first day, I learned not to meet up with my allies right away, and that it's impossible to do with this number of people. Today, it's not to argue with an angry girl, and just drag her along and ignore her. As the day wears on, I think about things until I sleep. Before I fall asleep, I have an afterthought, there hasn't been any eventful things, and I can only hope that the Gamemakers won't try to change that.

Last edited:

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Great job, Myriad! I have to say, you put Mare into the story way better than I probably could. His personality is just right. And thank you for putting him with Zordo. That pretty much made my day.

Jedizora

:right:
Great job, Myriad! I have to say, you put Mare into the story way better than I probably could. His personality is just right. And thank you for putting him with Zordo. That pretty much made my day.

If you don't get this refence, I created Zordo, and were friends here. Nice chapter by the way.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I only kill NPC's on the first day. Thanks for the support. If you read this fanfic, please post, as it is that that keeps me going. Sounds sappy, but it's true. You can still sign up for the surviving NPC's if you wish. (They're both from 2 and 4, and the boy from 3.) That's why I didn't kil all the NPCs off.

Last edited:

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Ok. I know it's sad, but people are going to have to start dying now. :( I know, I know, it's sad. But it has to be done, right? It's the Hunger Games. Please accept my apologies if your character is killed. It was completely random.

Day 3

Zordo Danacus
District 7

Fortunately, there has been no intervention from the Gamemakers. After Mare brought back that girl, whatever her name is, to the camp, there haven't been any attacks. I do see smoke on the other side of the forest ring. It doesn't look harmful. Mare takes a head count. Seven people. Me, Kai, Amaterasu, Storm, Chrys, what's her name, Panda?, and of course, Mare.

Mare purses his lips. "I had hoped Ashleiy would come through.... but he's not dead. So where is he?" I shrug. "Who knows?" Pandora, I remember, seemed a bit snappy when I first saw her, but that was probably from sleep deprivation. She says, "I don't want that many anyway." Mare nods. His expression tells me that he's glad she's calmed down and that she isn't yelling at him.

Mare turns to the rest of us. "No matter, no matter..... First things first, we need some weapons to fight the Careers. Zordo's found that they alternate in shifts at two at a time in guarding the booty. I remember their scores, and their schedules for guarding." He looks at me sheepishly. "Or at least, Zordo does."

He continues. "The two weakest were the boy from 4 and our traitor friend from 10....." He tenses. Kai speaks up. "Perhaps.... they were hiding their skills?" Mare replies, "Probably Ella was hiding her skills. The boy from 4? He's scrawny, and weak. These two happened to be placed together. I think that two volunteers would be sufficient enough to kill them and take the booty."

I don't exactly know how the tributes from District 12 command so much attention, but they do. "I volunteer," I say. "Me too," says Kai. Mare nods. "That'll work. The booty is in the coliseum. If you don't come back...." He swallows as if he didn't want to go on. "We'll come back," I say.

We leave, and head toward the coliseum. The Gamemakers won't send anything after us now, there's a promised bloodbath ahead. I look at the coliseum. It doesn't look like Capitol design, more rigid and unmovable, with arches holding it up. I peek through and see the guards.

They don't look very competent. I could easily take them out with my sword. I signal Kai to move in quietly. She freezes, then nods. We move in. I attack Ella from behind. She was only saved by a sudden drooping of her head, like she was going to sleep.

The flash of my sword blade startles her awake. She pulls out a knife. The boy from 4 tries to help but is tackled by Kai.I thrust but she redirects it with her blade. Meeting no resistance, I stumble forward. "Wait, Zordo..." she whispers. I grab her by the throat. "Well, traitor? Any last words?" She's shaking her head frantically, as Kai faces the boy from 4.

She points at the boy from 4, and shakes her head. She points at me and Kai, and nods. I get the meaning a split second after the boy from 4 does. He thrusts a knife into her back, and she gasps. With a sudden display of fury, Kai pins him to the ground.

She's holding a knife above his face, but she's shaking. "Kill him!" I shout. But she can't. The boy kicks her, and in a split second, I thrust my sword into his heart. The effect is immediate. The cannon sounds. We race back to confrot Ella. "Was... spying.... on Careers.... I guess I should've told you guys...." She coughs out blood.

She points to the smoke. "Sedated...... tracker jackers..... place them..... at your camp... good-bye......." The cannon sounds, and I realize the importance of what she just said. If they dropped a tracker jacker nest on us, it'd be chaos. "Thank you," I say, and leave to go warn the others.

Sorry Gerudogirl.......... As a note, this is not the end of the day. Might post the rest tomorrow.

amaterasu

Writer
that's pretty good. once again, i'm amazed i'm alive. if the hunger games were real, i would've probably died before the first hour ended.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I'm sorry, but someone had to die, I chose 2 random people to die on that day and you and the boy from 4 were pulled. I'm glad that you aren't yelling at me though....... this IS the Hunger Games..............

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Still the same day, no more deaths today.

Kai Lowell
District 7

We're running back to warn them. Zordo, of course, also didn't forget that their mission was to bring back weapons to our team. Which basically meant we had to trudge through a wasteland, prairie, and forest with heavy weapons on our backs Even though my bones are aching, we can't afford to take a break.

If the Careers sedated the tracker jackers with smoke and moved them to our location, we'd be done for. I look at Zordo. He hasn't said it, but he feels guilty about killing Ella. He didn't technically kill her, she'd been stabbed in the back by the boy from 4. But he'd allowed it, thought she was a traitor.

"We're almost there," he says, snapping me out of my thoughts. He points at the sideways 12. "That's where Pandora marked it, we're close." Then a twig snaps. We duck into the bushes fearfully. We hear whispered voices. "Hurry Jack, before they wake up...." "Who? The tracker jackers or the weaklings?" "Either."

A third voice whispers, "Well Sarah, Jack, I might as well not be saying this but if you were to have a lot more practice in stealth, you might even be terrible." His voice raises. "Because the tributes of District 7 are spying on us. They should have some lessons on stealth too..."

He cackles and then something rolls toward us. We instinctively back away before the tracker jackers awaken and we run. We're trying not to be stinged (or is it stung?).... I can see our pursuers, they're all the Careers plus the boy from District 3, who was the one who saw us.

The tracker jackers are getting closer.... Zordo starts trying to make a fire from some matches he found at the Cornucopia. He makes a big enough one to protect us. The weapons are slowing us down, I think. As valuable as they are, we need to get rid of them.

I throw all my knives up and they get stuck in a branch too high for any Careers to reach, but maybe me or Pandora can. Zordo gets what I'm doing. He throws daggers, swords, anything, and they all barely stick. I keep the bow we found, there's nothing we can do with that.

He throws up a battle-axe, and (very wisely) aims it at the trunk instead of the branch. With the weight removed, we easily outrun the tracker jackers and Careers, who have stopped and are trying to get the weapons. We find camp, and then wake everybody up.

"TRACKER JACKERS! EVERYBODY GET UP1 THE CAREERS ARE TRYING TO DROP TRACKER JACKERS ON US!" Zordo yells. I cover my ears. "Not so loud," I whisper. "Only way to get their attention," he whispers back. We all manage to get away, and as we hear more nests of tracker jackers comig, we run away. We don't dare look back.

Ashleiy
District 9

I hear a ruckus from the other side of the forest ring. I hear shouts and....... buzzes....... Probably tracker jackers, I think. I move away and continue walking outward from the Cornucopia. I don't want to take chances. That's not the only reason I'm moving outward.

I want to know where the stadium ends. The stadium can't go on forever. I have survived a lot. I stop to take a break, and look at the sky. I'm waiting for the dead to be shown.

It's not very interesting, until I finally hear the anthem. The first to appear is Tesus. Well, he'd only gotten a 4 in training, which is surprising, as he's a Career. Then Ella Grace. She'd almost certainly concealed her talents, but still... who killed her?

The people at home will know. They'll see the details. My sister was killed on the first day....and I hadn't even gotten to say good-bye. She'd been killed in the bloodbath. I'm winning for her sake now.

I continue walking. There has to be an end, there has to. I keep telling myself this, in order to keep me going. After what it seems like hours, I finally see something worth noticing. It's not the end. With a sinking feeling, I look at the ocean stretching miles wide, feeling as if I'm already drowning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom