• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Hunger Games Fanfic

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Well, you'll see now........

Final Day: Day 15

Jack
District 1

I've finally caught up to Storm. That kid moves like a monkey in the trees. I've cornered him in a washed up area of the forest. I hold my hammer threateningly at him. "Well well well.....The boy and his stick......The last oppoonent to kill....." I laugh. "I can't believe you've survived this far."

He nods. "No use about what could have been, Jack," he says. This is true. I look around. "As you can see, this place is rather......anticlimatic....Perhaps we should go somewhere where we'll give the audience more show." Storm looks at me. "Only a Career would care about what the audience thinks. He lunges at me with his staff, and I easily block it.

I laugh and push him to the ground. The kid's only 12 years old. Sure, he's rather tall for is age, but he's young. I laugh some more. He gets up. I smile. "Now, meet me in the coliseum around noon. If not, I'll have to hunt you down myself. I turn and walk away toward the Cornucopia. He'll come. I know he will.

Storm Gewalt
District 11

I take a rest. I lay my staff and Ashleiy's sword against a tree and I climb into my hammock. I remember this site maybe a week ago, when there were a lot of us, when we all got along. It had slowly dwindled down until it was me and Jack. Perhaps it has always been meant to be that way.

After several hours, when I deem it's noon, I leave. I strap my staff to my back and sheath Ashleiy's sword. I walk toward the coliseum that encases the Cornucopia. I see Jack standing there, waiting for me. He smiles when he sees me, and gestures for me to come into the coliseum.

He flips his hammer into his hand. "Prepare to die," he says with malice. I wait for him to attack. He comes at me with his hammer in an overhanded blow, but I dodge. I rake the opportunity to draw Ashleiy's sword and slash him. He yells when the thing cuts his shoulder.

"You don't have a sword," he says, as he throws his hammer to the ground and draws his own sword. "You're right," I say. "It's Ashleiy's." We begin to duel. We're slashing and cutting and stabbing, neither one penetrating the others' defense. We come to a sword lock when I hear something. We both turn to see......Ella Grace.......Ella Grace? But she's..... Then she flicks a knife, and now I see that her eyes are blank.

They've taken the dead tributes' bodies and....I don't want to think about it. I see friends and enemies brought back to life, moving around. I can see Mare attacking Jack. Ashleiy and Zordo are coming toward me. Ashleiy lunges and takes his sword from my hand.

He does an overhand cut, and I try to block it with my staf, but his sword cuts straight through my staff, leaving me with two shortened sticks. I throw them to the ground. I see Rivon lying on the ground. I take his halberd and I continue to fight them. I cut down Pandora and Chrys.

Tesus and the girl from 4 are attacking Jack. He cuts them aside to have Sarah and Amaterasu attack him from behind.He's down, and he's about to die when I cut them down. We're both battered and bloody, and just as we can't fight them anymore, they retreat into a hovercraft.

We're panting and wheezing, but neither one of us is trying to kill the other. I drop the halberd in exhaustion. Jack is trembling. "Why.....Why did you save me?" I look at him. "I suppose that in the further districts, you learn to care more." He looks at me. "You saved me....But I killed so many of your friends....Pandora, Chrys, Zordo, Ashleiy....." I look at him.

"I saved you anyway," I say. His trembling hand goes to his dagger. I ready myself for an attack, but he turns the dagger around so that the point is facing him. "What?" I yell with surprising strength. "You can't kill yourself!" He smiles. "It'll show them....that we aren't just their lapdogs...."

I kneel down over him. This doesn't seem like the Jack I know. "Good-bye.....friend...thank you...." He turns the knife upon himself and stabs. He howls, and then falls silent. The cannon sounds. The hovercraft comes down, and I go up. I slouch in exhaustion. I've won. So why do I feel so upset? I pass out.

There will be an Epilouge. Expect it later.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
As K4KING once said: That's it? THAT WAS IT?!

I'm sorta disappointed here, Myriad, not at the story, no, never that, it was well written through out its entirety despite minor typos here and there, I am just a tad bit upset at the way it ended, with one of the foes having to kill himself rather than be killed by his opponent, I wasn't expecting that. The epilogue will answer questions, I am pretty sure, and so just like I waited for this chapter I will wait for that too. It's been a great voyage here to the end...I really enjoyed reading this story, good going, lad. :) A+

Jedizora

:right:
yes! Anti careers win! Although it was, as other have said, anti-climatic. And I honestly don't believe that Jack would go good like that.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
He didn't, Jedi.

Epilouge

Ilio Vazon
Head Gamemaker

Another Hunger Games done and gone. This one especially seemed to affect me. A near winner deciding to commit suicide? That's the kind of thing the Capitol hates. But that doesn't seem to be like the same Jack that was through all the Hunger Games.

The audience seemed to feel the end was anticlimatic. Me included. And Jack seemed different. I can't place it. I happen to glance at the security cameras. My eyes widen as I see a familiar face running through the corridors. How could he have survived? It's impossible.

I call backup over the intercom.

"Soren Blackhold speaking."

"It's Ilio Vazon. We have a runaway tribute."

"A runaway tribute? Really?"

"I know it sound ludicrous, but it's true. Call in backup."

"Ok."

I hang up. He'll come along to help. Why did it have to be the one tribute who was a lunatic? I walk out of my room and run into the one himself. "Jack," I say. He laughs, and the crazed look is in his eyes. How the heck did he survive? He raises his fist, but before the punch lands, backup comes. The Head Peacekeeper included. They start to beat him until he loses consciousness.

Soren motions for them to drag him away. The Peacekeepers do just that. They haul him into the interigation chamber. Soren walks up to him and injects a syringe that waskes him up. He groans. Soren stands over us. "Now tell us," he says. "How did you escape?"

I expect him to refuse, but he opens up automatically. "When the hovercraft picked up Ashleiy, I jumped in and knocked out the pilot. I wrenched the tracking device out and put it in the muttation version of me that you made, which you were holding in the hovercraft, which I figured you'd made beforehand."

I nod. "I did," I say. I whisper quietly to Soren. "You gave him a truth serum?" He nods. He continues. "And then what happened?" he prompts. "I threw the cloned tribute out, and controlled him from the hovercraft. I controlled him, and added a twist. You know what happened."

Soren's face is hard. And you ended up here, how?" He continues, but I can see a vein pulsing in his temple. "I....I piloted the hovercraft out, but the pilot awoke and we fought, and the ship crashed." Soren smiles. "Thank you very much. As Head Peacekeeper, I order you to kill him, Ilio."

I look at him. "Kill him? But why-" "He's a distinct threat. He shouldn't have survived. Kill him now." I look at him in rage. We're on the same level, he can't force me to do anything. Jack is smiling insanely. Soren looks at him. "How many time will I have to show you how to kill?" he says.

Still looking at me, he pulls out his gun, aims it at him, and fires. Jack screams and falls silent. "There!" he says. "That's how you do it." He and his men walk out, leaving me with the remains of a mass murderer and a lunatic. I look at his mouth, still drawn in that insane smile.

I shudder, and then see a file showing Jack. The file name showed, Runaway Tributes. I flip past Jack to see that there's only been one other tribute who has done so, and still has evaded capture. I look at the name, and I nearly collapse. It's my daughter.

To be Continued.....

Well, there you are. The end....for now...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom