• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Skull Kid Formed Deku Link

T

THE Gold Train

my theory is Skull Kid made Link a Deku Scrub by stealing the soul of the Deku Butlers son. Because as you can see, a deku scrub is lying dead in the starting cave of the game. and in the end. the deku butler is seen mourning at the idle deku. in the manga, the deku butler mention's that Deku link looks a lot like his dead son. So that's my theory

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
The anime isn't entirely canonical, but I do believe that it may have had something to do with the butler's son.

it is confirmed to be the Deku butler's son
you find the Deku Butler morning over the tree that looks like a deku scrub maybe thats what happen to Deku Scrubs when the life is sucked out of them.
also i do believe the Skull kid used the butler's son for Deku Link, i cant confirm that nor deny it.

P

princess-kikyo

I thought that it would have been the evil power of the Majora's Mask... ??

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
it is confirmed to be the Deku butler's son
you find the Deku Butler morning over the tree that looks like a deku scrub maybe thats what happen to Deku Scrubs when the life is sucked out of them.
also i do believe the Skull kid used the butler's son for Deku Link, i cant confirm that nor deny it.
I agree with how you stated it and your proof. All of the little things surrounding the deku butler points to that being what happened.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Does the Butler ever comment on Deku Link's resemblance to his son when Link talks to him? I don't think he does though I'm not sure, but Gorons & Zoras recognize Link as Darmani & Mikau respectively (which we know for certain their spirits are sealed in the masks) so it would make sense that the Butler would too if Deku Link is indeed his son. If he does make a comment that Link reminds him of his son, well then my point about Darmani/Mikau further strengthens the theory of the OP.

And for the record, I also believe it to be the Butler's son sealed in the Deku mask ... The transformation happens in the same general area as his body (which the credits confirm it to be him), and when Tatl Z-targets it she comments on how both it and Link have the same sad eyes. As far as the Butler not saying anything about it (if that is the case), it could be him refusing to notice or acknowledge any resemblance as part of a defense mechanism in coping with his loss.

Djinn

and Tonic
I have often wondered if the Deku Butler's son story was actually meant to be clearly stated as the spirit of Link's mask, but that part was cut from the final game to save some space on the cartridge. Because hearing these little bits and pieces from the Deku Butler makes little sense on it's own. It is a story fragment that appears to lead nowhere, the Deku Butler had a son, and he is missing now. You really have to wonder just why the developers thought that little piece was worth mentioning if you had no ability to find or rescue his son. It was just some missing piece of plot that happens to be there, and for no other reason then to have the Deku Butler say it.

"I wonder where he has gone...what he is doing... If only he would write me a letter... Pardon me. Once again, thoughts of my son have me feeling sentimental. Now, where were we?" — Deku Butler

Normally a quote like this would lead to another miniquest to go find the son of the sad character. Or at least do something to console the saddened individual, but no. This entire plot point is never mentioned again in the game. Even the racing minigame with him mentions him racing his son the same way also hinting at Link taking the form of his son.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Scratch my last post, I just watched the Mask of Scent cutscene on youtube, and the Butler does in fact acknowledge Deku Link's resemblance to his son right after you receive the Mask of Scents from him:

"Actually, when I see you I am reminded of my son who left home long ago. Somehow I feel as if I am once again racing with my son ..."
So that, combined with the Gorons & Zoras recognizing Goron/Zora Link as Darmani/Mikau, pretty much confirms it is the Butler son's spirit Majora curses Link with.

Gizmo

Isn't it Captain Keeta?!
A Short Theory About the Little Tree at the Beginning of Majora's Mask

I don't know if this theory is well known or not, lets see.

As you probably know the sad looking tree at the beginning of Zelda: Majora's Mask is/was the son of that Deku butler at the palace. What you maybe don't know is, why his son is dead.
I thought about it for a while and now im pretty sure I know the answer:
Every character in the game that left one of these "transform masks" died, so theoretically it is not possible to get one of these masks without "killing" the particular being. I think Horror Kid killed the Deku for the mask and then it used this mask to transform Link. And at the end, when the spell is lifted, Link recieves the mask of that Deku. This would also explain why the butler says, that Link looks very similar to his son while Link is wearing the mask.

I don't know if this theory is already known or not. Maybe I'm just a late starter.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
First off it's Skull Kid not Horror Kid. And second that's pretty much what everyone thinks is the reason he's dead. Why else would he be in the path of skull kid and his power in the possession of skull kid. The only way Skull Kid could give curse link with the spirit of the Deku butlers son is if he got it himself thus he must of sucked this power when killing the poor Deku.

that is the standard belief. the only transformation mask that doesnt come from a dead spirit is MAYBE the fierce diety mask. but of course we dont know enough about him to confirm or deny.

Gizmo

Isn't it Captain Keeta?!
Okay, I didn't know everyone already thinks like that. I also didn't know that the English translation is Skull Kid. Hm... well... next time I will have something better.

it is the deku butlers son i thought about this theory a long time ago skull kid took the deku sons soul cursed you with it if he didnt then how would you have transformed i guess you could have been transformed but what tells is that you get a mask if you didnt have a sould of another being how could that being become a mask when you talk to the deku butler he says you remind him of his son
in the stone tower temple or tower you have to play the something fo emptiness that creates a statue of you self notice the statue is not of deku link goron or zora it looks like whos ever body form it isnt when you look at it with the deku mas it looks like his son if you havnt already notices try it out:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom