• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Quick Do You Tend To Complete Games?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Of course this topic all depends on the type and longevity of the game that one plays. So I'm just talking generally.

This also doesn't solely apply to the game and one's skill, but instead how dedicated you are to actually playing the game, so this thread isn't necessarily related to in-game time, but more so in real time. I remember I used to complete games within a couple of weeks of purchasing, now though I take a long time. I remember buying Bioshock Infinite by its release date and I ended up completing it several months later. Don't get me wrong it's a great game, but nowadays I tend to take my time with games and I'm pretty unmotivated when it comes to completing them :/

So how about you guys?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Usually within a day of purchasing; however it's important to note that I don't actually buy many games these days.

Big Octo

=^)
As the OP mentioned, it all depends on the game.

Let's say I have a cleared schedule and can devote my entire time to video games. With a medium-length game, maybe a few days, a week. It depends on the difficulty and whether or not I want to do everything possible in the game. In regards to short games, well they're short for a reason. I've beaten some games in one day before, and not just free days, but busy days where gaming can't possibly be the only thing I can do. As for long games, well, it goes without saying. It's going to take me a while, that's for sure. Again, it all depends on the game. Perhaps I could beat a certain game faster than the next guy, but that shouldn't be left as a blanketing figure.

I've been pretty bad about this lately, actually.

Rayman Origins, Darksiders II, ZombiU, Oracle of Ages, and Banjo-Kazooie are all games that I got halfway through and then didn't touch for a long time. Banjo-Kazooie and ZombiU are the only ones I have left now though.

Oh, and Resident Evils 0 and 2. =/

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
It usually takes me weeks, but that's assuming I don't play that particular game every day of the week because I don't really get around to do so.

If I do in fact play everyday I might end up completing game faster, however knowing that I have more free time might convince me to mess around in the game more often than trying to compete it.:xd:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
It doesn't take me so long because I tend to dedicate time to it. If I'm working a lot, I tend to just sit on a few games; like Max Payne 3, I owned that for 2 weeks before playing it, when I had a free week-end. And then I could relax and just absorb it all and damn, worth it. I definitely like to feel immersed in videogames, I'm the type of gamer who needs that and its why story's so important, if a game doesn't draw me in then it's not getting enjoyed, but, yeah. So, quite quick, but, usually a delay between buying and playing.

A few games I actually make time for. I did cheekily take a day off work to play Deus Ex: HR and Skyrim for instance. :P They are so lucky to have me, they really are.

Fig

The Altruist
Whenever I buy a new game, my goal is to beat the main game by a week of the day I purchased the game. I think this is a fair goal with what the possible conumdrums that could happen throughout the week. I usually beat the game by the time the week is almost over and I then challenge myself if I can complete the post-game features and functions within a week as well if there are any. After I gained enough confidence, I simply challenge myself to complete the game in a single week with everything 100% unlocked/completed. I love doing this every time I buy a new game! ^^

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Depends on the game. Usually not to long, maybe a week or two (or three). It usually takes me longer now, as I don't have quite as much time to game anymore, but I still manage to get done fairly quickly. I usually push myself to get done with a game as quickly as I can, though not quite speed running. Idk, some people don't seem to enjoy games if they go too fast, but it just makes the game all the more enjoyable to me. :)

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Depends on the game, but I usually dedicate all my free time to a game, especially if I'm excited about it.

I usually beat a Zelda or Pokemon game within a week, but Mario games take a little bit longer, about 2 weeks. It took me 2 or 3 days to finish the story of Skyrim & BioShock. The portal games only took me 2 or 3 hours each to beat.

It depends on the game and my schedule. When classes are in session, I usually don't have much time during the week day to play any thing. I commute quite a way to my school and I usually stay on campus to finish homework, go to the gym on campus, and take care of things, so when I do come back home I'm just mentally drained and all I want to do is sleep. I play during the weekends though, but it's more casual than playing like a hardcore gamer. During my long summer and winter breaks, however, I try to beat as many games as I can. It's a daunting task though, since I buy and preorder so many games that I can't even keep track how many I still need to beat. ;_;

I Usually complete a game under a week of it's release. There have been some games that have taken longer than usual then there are games I can complete before the day it's out. Depending on the type of game the time varies but it's usually within a week after launch.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
It depends on if I like the game, how long it is, and how much motivation I had when I first started playing it. If I do like it an have the motivation to finish it, depending how long it is, it takes me a week or two, or a month or two. The only 2 games I can think of that I finished that quickly are are OoT and Pokemon Ruby. I was motivated when I first played OoT. I would even wake up early so I could play it before school. I did have my neighbor help me with the Fire Temple though (I lived in a condo in Ohio. It was weird, but that is another thread...). Other than that I completed the game by myself in a few weeks. I beat Pokemon Ruby so quickly because I had nothing better to do. I would play it at school and all the time at home. I think I beat it in a month. I just didn't feel like playing other games at the time.

There have been times when I liked a game, but wasn't motivated enough to beat it. I love The Wind Waker and Majora's Mask, but it took me 5 years to beat Wind Waker and 9 years to beat Majora's Mask. I don't know why, I just didn't feel like playing them often.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
When I buy a game by itself, it takes me about 2 weeks to a month, depending on the game (I only play video games for about 1-2 hours every day). If I buy 2 video games at once, though, I tend to become obsessed with one and kind of ignore the other. I bought Xenoblade and Red Steel 2 at the same time, and I was 80 hours into Xenoblade when I remembered that I had actually bought another game and should probably play it. The same thing happened just last week when I bought Goldeneye for Wii and Resident Evil 4. I've spent almost all my time in Goldeneye, but I've only played about a half hour of RE4.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Too fast. I blow through them too quickly and don't take enough time to appreciate them. Then I play them again and make sure to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom