• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Old Were You when You First Played Zelda?

SirBeta

Beta is βetter.
I think I was 12 when I got my NES with a few games, one of which was The Legend of Zelda. I was surrounded by Zelda games before that, but I never bothered playing any of them. I had a lot of catching up to do.

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Oh, gosh. I don't even... Hm. I wanna say 9 or 10. OoT of course.

I used to watch my dad and older brother play it, and I remember being enthralled by the concept of controlling a character and battling evil throughout a storyline. I remember being piss-scared and hiding behind the couch when my dad faced Gohma, telling him "be careful, daddy!" The memories! Now I have a strong urge to play OoT.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
About 9 or 10 by the time I got to play my first Zelda title, Majora's Mask. And at such a young age I was drawn into the rest of the franchise, even started looking at walkthroughs and a few Zelda sites to content my juvenile curiosity. As such, my love for Zelda grew pretty early. :)

Um original came out in 1987 in US/Canada?? so I probably would have been around 3 or 4 when I played it. Ya thats probably right because I dont think I was in kindergarten yet

i think i tried the adventure of link for about half an hour when i was 12. but i never actually played one seriously till i was 14. it was wind waker :)

I was 5 when I first experienced the wonders of The Wind Waker. It was massively huge and wonderful and fascinated my little 5 year old mind and would captivate me for years. It was my introduction to the video game world, and a wonderful way to begin.

I don't remember the exact year I started playing zelda... maybe 8? The first Zelda game was the original Legend of Zelda on the Nintendo.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Urg....at least seven, eight or nine when I tried out the wind waker demo. I got phantom Hourglass in 7th grade for Christmas,so I was 10-11ish. maybe older.

Groose

Groosenator
Four years old. My older brother and sister got Ocarina of Time and they were always playing it, so I wanted to play it too.

Night Owl

~Momentai
When I was 5, My mother taught me how to play Link's Awakening. Since then, I have become the family Sage when it comes to Zelda games. Whenever They get stuck they usually have me do it. I've beaten every canon game in the series in one form or another. I owe Gaming in general to my Parents and and Link's Awakening.

I first played in 3rd grade . . . any stories we wrote in class from then on I always based off of Zelda :)
The first game I played was Wind Waker, followed by Twilight Princess. My sister was actually the big nerd at the time who owned all the games but I soon took over, now she laughs at me for going on forums but I always tell her it's her fault for getting me hooked xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom