• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tri Force Heroes How many of you are actually excited for Triforce Heroes?

Healbot884

Founder of the Church of Tingle.
I'm not excited about it. I'm sure I will still get it. But like others have mentioned I don't have anyone to play it with. So here is hoping that the single play holds up as well as the Four Swords Anniversary release did. With the download play I may have a better chance of having someone to to play with, though I don't even know anyone with a 3DS.
Well, Nintendo has already stated that Triforce Heroes will have online mulitiplayer. So you could still play the game with other people over the internet.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Easy. Triforce heroes is just a dungeon crawler. Basically stages with no proper overworld, no side quests, few interesting characters to neet etc etc. Just like Four Swords Adventures it's just a selection of stages/dingeons you'll do one after the after. Sure if you loved Four Swords Adventures, then Triforce Heroes is right up you alley. But if you want anything like a traditional Zelda game, Triforce Heroes will not deliver this for you. I am saying Triforce Heroes is not a mainstream Zelda game. It's not even close to one. But Triforce Heroes is unapologetically so. The game does not pretend to be a mainstrem Zelda in any way.

Four Swords and Triforce Heroes are really a series of Zelda spinoff games. Triforce Heroes is as much a Zelda game as Hyrulek Warriors is. In name only. Most of the game itself is totally different. Having more than one Link for a start is a massive departure from a Traditional Zelda game. You've all seen the Triforce Heroes trailer so you know what I am talking about. Triforce Heroes is just a sequel to Four Swords in the type of game it is. And it's a game type I really never fell for. There's just not enough new ideas for me to make this a good game (the costumes aside, they look cool and also look totally out of place in any trtaditional Zelda game).

Federation Force on the other hand just looks like a multiplayer Metroid game. With you playing an unnamed avatar instead of Samus, that's all. The game still looks like a Metroid game.

I know many people can't handle the fact I am not hating on Federation Force. I am giving Federation Force a chance to prove itself. I will not pre-judge it. Triforce Heroes on the other hand does feel like a Four Swords rip off. But this does not mean it will not be fun and does not mean it will unfun. It just means if you lived FSA, then you'll love TH. But if you hated FSA, then steerclear of TH as it's much of the same thing, mutiple Links doing stages in a game with no overworld to explore and find secrets in.

Very easily. At least Federation Force is something new. The only thing that I didn't like about Federation Force was the graphics. Everything else about to me looked sound (if you understand the game's target audience). Triforce Heroes looks just like a FSA clone that is only made to old the Zelda fans over till ZeldaU is released. I know it's 3DS and not WiiU but a lot of people own both systems.

I have my opinion as we all do and we're all allowed to share it. Freedon of speech and all. If you don't like the fact that I don't hate Federation Force like everyone else, feel free to keep hating on my opinion. You will not change my opinion. When Federation Force is talked about mroe by Nintendo and eventually released, I'll reassess my opinion on it, but for the time being I like most of what I see aND will wait and see how good or bad the final product ends up being.

This is your OPINION. We all have our differing opinions. And that's cool. If everyone had the same opinions, the world would be so dull.

1) Shikata confirmed that the TFH IS in FACT, MAINSTREAM and NOT just another freaking SPINOFF!! Also, FS and FSA are NOT spinoffs either! If FS and FSA were just spinoffs, they wouldn't even be f***ing CANON in the freaking TIMELINE in the freaking first place to begin with!! Do you READ any interviews about any of games ever!? Seriously, you're saying that FS and FSA are not canon as if it's fact when it's NOT! And I find it REALLY ANNOYING when people do sh*t like that!

2) So, basically, you're saying that it's massive departure from something that FS and FSA have already established as A PART OF ZELDA TRADITIONS!? Again, you say that as if it's fact when it clearly is NOT!

3) WHAT!!?? You mean TOTEM MECHANIC, the CO-OP MECHANIC, the LINK EMOTICON MECHANIC, and the SPECIAL COSTUMES MECHANIC (yes, I'm aware you set that aside for some reason, but they DO COUNT!) aren't new ideas!? REALLY!? Have you seen any of those mechanics used in games before? Are there other games that use those mechanics that I don't know about? No! I mean yeah, there are games that have used some kind of co-op function, but NOT like in TFH. And yeah, there are game that use alternate and/or custom costumes, but again, NOT like in TFH. AND, yes, Link has had different tunics and armors in past Zelda games before, but, yet AGAIN, NOT like in TFH!

4) THAT is the EXACT BIG PROBLEM with Federation Force!!!!

5) One thing I don't get is here you hate on the Four Swords games just because they're multiplayer focused, yet, you like a Metroid game that is FREAKING MULTIPLAYER ONLY!! You ARE aware the game you're all hyped for IS multi-player only RIGHT!? I mean yes, so was FS at first, but at least that was FIXED with FS:AE! You are obviously more of a Metroid than you are a Zelda fan. You seem to give too much for a game that you can't even play by yourself. That is yet ANOTHER problem with Federation Force. Is the FACT that you ONLY play it if you other people to play it with. THAT is a BIG no no in gaming. If a business wants their game to SELL WELL, they should make sure that the game can AT LEAST have a SOLO mode. This is EXACTLY WHY they FIXED this SAME PROBLEM that FS started off with in the first place with FS:AE! Yet, they go and bring back that same problem, only this time, with METROID!

6) HOW the F*** is TFH a F***ING RIPOFF of FS and FSA when it is the idea of the SAME F***ING PEOPLE!!!! Seriously, if ANYTHING is a RIPOFF of something, it's FEDERATION FORCE! Cause Federation Force is NOTHING but a cheap RIPOFF of HALO!

7) TFH IS something NEW!! You got THREE LINKS this time instead of ONE or FOUR! The game INTRODUCES NEW MECHANICS that have NEVER been in a ZELDA GAME before! And also, there's nothing new about Federation Force! The game is COMPLETE DOWNGRADE of the Metroid Prime games. And the game takes Nintendo's plan to make future Metroid games be more like their own Halo games than more Metroid games even further. Transitioning Metroid from a Sci-Fi Exploration type franchise to yet, another franchise that falls under the typical today's vision of Sci-Fi Shooter games genre. Seriously, how is THAT new!?

8) Yes, I respect that. And you should too while we still have what's left of that right of freedom of speech.

9) Agreed.

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I feel this with this title the same that I do for Star Fox Zero and Mario Maker.
I like the games, and I know they will be fun, and I will definitely get them.
But I am not really excited for them. Not really hyped at all.
I have seen everything that I need to see, there is nothing to really speculate about, and there is no mystery. This is mostly a "What you see is what you get" title. That isn't a bad thing. But really... Nintendo doesn't really have any hype titles that haven't been released announced. Well, besides Zelda U, but we barely know anything about those.
So I am lukewarm on everything. I like what I see, I have some concerns, but it will be a fun title to play. But I am not really hyped for it.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
I'd have honestly preferred that it just be a new FS. I don't like the weird nonblond hair, be it dyed or whatever, I don't like the costumes, and I don't like the nonexistent explanation behind the characters who look like link. Likewise I don't much care for people assuming that link is agendered because you can dress in Zeldas dress, but that has more to do with me being beyond fed up with the people who want to change link.

So no, I'm not really all that excited.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Not even a little. In fact, I'm anti-excited, if that's possible. If this is your type of game, or if you buy anything Zelda related bc it's Zelda, then by all means, enjoy. But for me, this spin-off game is simply a cheap distraction, exactly like Federation Force is. I mean, more games is always better than none, but I feel like both of these games are a waste of resources.

But I won't get into that whole bit here. Suffice it to say, I am not excited for this game, and unless it turns out completely different than what they've shown, there's 0% chance that I'll get it.

Your sig is my favorite thing ever.

1) Shikata confirmed that the TFH IS in FACT, MAINSTREAM and NOT just another freaking SPINOFF!! Also, FS and FSA are NOT spinoffs either! If FS and FSA were just spinoffs, they wouldn't even be f***ing CANON in the freaking TIMELINE in the freaking first place to begin with!! Do you READ any interviews about any of games ever!? Seriously, you're saying that FS and FSA are not canon as if it's fact when it's NOT! And I find it REALLY ANNOYING when people do sh*t like that!
3 Multiple Links is not mainstream. It's just a spinoff like FSA. Or another timeline.

2) So, basically, you're saying that it's massive departure from something that FS and FSA have already established as A PART OF ZELDA TRADITIONS!? Again, you say that as if it's fact when it clearly is NOT!
You misunderstood what I said. I am saying that FSA abd TH are just spinoff games, (or alternate timelines) just like Hyrule Warriors is.

3) WHAT!!?? You mean TOTEM MECHANIC, the CO-OP MECHANIC, the LINK EMOTICON MECHANIC, and the SPECIAL COSTUMES MECHANIC (yes, I'm aware you set that aside for some reason, but they DO COUNT!) aren't new ideas!? REALLY!? Have you seen any of those mechanics used in games before? Are there other games that use those mechanics that I don't know about? No! I mean yeah, there are games that have used some kind of co-op function, but NOT like in TFH. And yeah, there are game that use alternate and/or custom costumes, but again, NOT like in TFH. AND, yes, Link has had different tunics and armors in past Zelda games before, but, yet AGAIN, NOT like in TFH!
The totem mechanic is just another formation. FSA already had formations. FSA already had co-op. LoZ had already had different costumes do different things. Ever played Ocarina of Time and uaed it's different tunics or boots? Majora's Mask had it's masks as well. HW just expands on this new clothing idea and takes it to a whole new level. It fits in TH though. The emoticon communication feature is a new idea though.

4) THAT is the EXACT BIG PROBLEM with Federation Force!!!!
Yes it is. I can agree with you there.

5) One thing I don't get is here you hate on the Four Swords games just because they're multiplayer focused, yet, you like a Metroid game that is FREAKING MULTIPLAYER ONLY!! You ARE aware the game you're all hyped for IS multi-player only RIGHT!? I mean yes, so was FS at first, but at least that was FIXED with FS:AE! You are obviously more of a Metroid than you are a Zelda fan. You seem to give too much for a game that you can't even play by yourself. That is yet ANOTHER problem with Federation Force. Is the FACT that you ONLY play it if you other people to play it with. THAT is a BIG no no in gaming. If a business wants their game to SELL WELL, they should make sure that the game can AT LEAST have a SOLO mode. This is EXACTLY WHY they FIXED this SAME PROBLEM that FS started off with in the first place with FS:AE! Yet, they go and bring back that same problem, only this time, with METROID!
Again you misunderstand me. I'm not hating on FSA here. I am saying TH rips off a lot of what FSA does. The FSA fans will love TH. People who didn't like FSA at all will not find much to like in TH as it's basically a 3DS version of FSA.

Multiplayer only games can sell very well. That's not an issue here. FF's multiplayer aspect is not detrimental the the game.

6) HOW the F*** is TFH a F***ING RIPOFF of FS and FSA when it is the idea of the SAME F***ING PEOPLE!!!! Seriously, if ANYTHING is a RIPOFF of something, it's FEDERATION FORCE! Cause Federation Force is NOTHING but a cheap RIPOFF of HALO!
Are you aware that Halo is a 3D rip off of the 2.5D Marathon Trilogy? The Marathon Trilogy (amazing games they were) were made by the same people who made Halo. And the Marathon Trilogy itself was based in part on the game - Pathways Into Darkness (also made by the same people Bungie).

7) TFH IS something NEW!! You got THREE LINKS this time instead of ONE or FOUR! The game INTRODUCES NEW MECHANICS that have NEVER been in a ZELDA GAME before! And also, there's nothing new about Federation Force! The game is COMPLETE DOWNGRADE of the Metroid Prime games. And the game takes Nintendo's plan to make future Metroid games be more like their own Halo games than more Metroid games even further. Transitioning Metroid from a Sci-Fi Exploration type franchise to yet, another franchise that falls under the typical today's vision of Sci-Fi Shooter games genre. Seriously, how is THAT new!?
It's still multiple Links in formation to solve puzzles and defeating bosses. Ie FSA. FF has not had a multiplayer story mode before. Not that any Metroid game has much of a story but that's besides the point. And we do not know how much or how little exploration FF will have. You don't know there will be little. You are making an aaumption without knowing the full facts. FF is not finished being developed yet. When FF is fnished being developed we will know. Have a little patience.

8) Yes, I respect that. And you should too while we still have what's left of that right of freedom of speech.
Well said.

9) Agreed.
Thanks.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
@the8thark : [facepalms]

1) Get this book:

1360577283_the-legend-of-zelda1.jpg

And read it!

2) Yes, but those same mechanics are used very differently in TFH than in previous installments. Heck, I even already mentioned about that in that same paragraph you quoted and responded to that was in regards to this. Read my paragraph again:

I highlighted what you must've overlooked in bold. And yes, I'm aware I forgot to mention the totem mechanic being one of the re-thought ones. But my points was, the returning mechanics you see in TFH aren't like in past games, they are revised and band new versions that are featured only in this new game.

The same does go for MP:FF's multi-player as well. Multi-player was in past Metroid games, mainly in MP:E, MPT, and MP:H. But the multi-player has never been for story mode before. It's also the first time it's without solo play, which I STILL think is a big problem. That and no Samus. So that's only three things new about to Metroid about the game.

3) Multiplayer only games are BAD! Why? Well, because only people who know of friends that have the same system and game can play! And that is what Federation Force is! FS was like that too, but that got fixed by adding a single player mode with FS:AE because it was mistake to make it multi-player only in the first place. And now Nintendo is making the same mistake again with MP:FF. Heck, I remember when I was a kid and so excited to play FS when I got it, I load up the game only to find that I can't even play it because it was multi-player only. Luckily, in later years, I managed to be to play the game with my cousins but not fairly often though. I never could really do a serious playthrough of the game until the anniversary edition which featured the single player mode came out. You see? That's how bad Muli-player only games are.

Not everyone has friends who are that interested in playing with them. Not everyone is a gamer which causes problems for those who are gamers but mostly know people in real life who as into gaming as much as they are. That's why EVERY game has to have a solo play mode of some kind at least. That's why FSA had a single player mode. That's why every new Multi-Link game coming out from here on out, all will have a solo mode, because when FS was without it, it was a mistake to begin with. And now that same mistake has been made again with Metroid. Which means, there will have to be second version of MP:FF to release in the future to fix that, which may be as easy as with FS. So that's WHY MP:FF should NOT have been made! Plus the game is going to fail anyways cause almost next to nobody will buy it, not just because it's Multiplayer only game but also because Samus isn't in the game. So the game is doomed to fail anyways, so why bother?

4) If the games made by the SAME PEOPLE then it's NOT a RIPOFF! A ripoff is something like say I decided make my franchise and it's almost too much like The Legend of Zelda, I'm not the creator of The Legend of Zelda, Nintendo is, I don't the rights to the franchise either, Nintendo does, I don't right or license to make something so much like Zelda, so that would make a franchise too much like Zelda made by me a ripoff. A ripoff is where a franchise made by one company is too much like another franchise by another company. If it's made by the same people, it's not a ripoff, more so, like a successor, again, not a ripoff. Here are some examples:

Successors:
  • Yooka-Layee
  • Bloodstained
  • Mighty No.9
  • Halo
  • Tri Force Heroes
  • A Link Between Worlds
Ripoffs:
  • Federation Force
  • Micromon
  • Zanda
  • Quake 3D World
  • Great Gianna Sisters
  • Golden Axe Warrior
Anyways, my point is if it's made by the same people, it's a successor, if it's not, it's a ripoff.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
3 Multiple Links is not mainstream. It's just a spinoff like FSA. Or another timeline.

You misunderstood what I said. I am saying that FSA abd TH are just spinoff games, (or alternate timelines) just like Hyrule Warriors is.
I'm just going to jump in on this here, because it is very much wrong.
Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures, are NOT spin-offs. Their story is canon, and their game is canon.
First, it is in the Hyrule Historia's timeline.
18j0yyebco7eqjpg.jpg

Right there, in the Bottom of the child era, and after Minish Cap.
The Four Sword is very much a canonical sword as well as you spend the whole game trying to make it in Minish Cap.
This is like saying the whole Wind Waker games are just spin-offs, which is really just absurd. Four Swords, and Four Swords Adventures are CANON, mainseries games. If this weren't the case, they wouldn't have been in the Hyrule Historia along with Link's Crossbow Training, Tingles Rosie Rupeeland, and the CDI games.

Now Hyrule Warriors. That is confirmed to be uncanon, and it takes place in its own universe(Not to be confused with it's own timeline).

You have NO idea what you are talking about, so please stop. This is very much hurting to see so much ignorance in one person in a Zelda fan site.
If you were curious to learn, sure, I would teach you everything there is to know. But pretending that you know what you are talking about when you don't is very rude and conceived with most people.

Not that any Metroid game has much of a story but that's besides the point.
You literally know NOTHING about the Metroid Prime Series.
Those games are ripe with story, backstory's. Just because there isn't a cutscene telling you what is going on, and you are expected to figure out the story throughout the information the game tells you via the scanning mechanic doesn't mean it doesn't have story. Hell! Even the first 3 games had really in depth stories for the time. Metroid Fusion also had a fantastic story as well.
You are not a real Metroid fan even though you act like you are. Stop it, you are insulting the Metroid name. And you are insulting one of Nintendo's most fleshed out worlds in Metroid Prime. Again. stop trying to pretend you know what you are talking about, because you really don't.[/QUOTE]

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Well, Nintendo has already stated that Triforce Heroes will have online mulitiplayer. So you could still play the game with other people over the internet.
Well the problem with that is I am out in the middle of nowhere and still stuck in the stone ages with no high speed internet or I would be a lil more excited

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I don't mean to derail the thread, but I just wanted to say two things: A game can be canon as well as a spin-off. The two aren't mutually exclusive of each other. Also, Metroid has never been a copy of Halo. Halo places a lot more focus on deathmatch (Slayer) type multiplayer and using vehicles in skirmishes, while Metroid has principally been a singleplayer experience, devoid of NPCs, that revolves around using gear and the morph ball to solve puzzles. A focus on multiplayer doesn't suddenly change the entire identity of the Metroid franchise.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
wtf is happening in this thread

I wouldn't say I'm particularly excited for it. I am excited for the prospect of playing online with friends in a Zelda game for the first time, but so far the game feels like a rushed placeholder to hold us over for Zelda U, and I'm not that intrigued by it. I'm still gonna get it, though. I mean, I wasn't that excited for A Link Between Worlds and I ended up loving it, so I'm not gonna condemn it before I play it.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
A game can be canon as well as a spin-off. The two aren't mutually exclusive of each other.

Exactly. And let's not forget that Four-Swords came out before the HH. Meaning it was a spin-off first, and then was shoe-horned into a canonical timeline.

3) Multiplayer only games are BAD! Why? Well, because only people who know of friends that have the same system and game can play! And that is what Federation Force is! FS was like that too, but that got fixed by adding a single player mode with FS:AE because it was mistake to make it multi-player only in the first place. And now Nintendo is making the same mistake again with MP:FF. Heck, I remember when I was a kid and so excited to play FS when I got it, I load up the game only to find that I can't even play it because it was multi-player only. Luckily, in later years, I managed to be to play the game with my cousins but not fairly often though. I never could really do a serious playthrough of the game until the anniversary edition which featured the single player mode came out. You see? That's how bad Muli-player only games are.

Not everyone has friends who are that interested in playing with them. Not everyone is a gamer which causes problems for those who are gamers but mostly know people in real life who as into gaming as much as they are. That's why EVERY game has to have a solo play mode of some kind at least. That's why FSA had a single player mode. That's why every new Multi-Link game coming out from here on out, all will have a solo mode, because when FS was without it, it was a mistake to begin with. And now that same mistake has been made again with Metroid. Which means, there will have to be second version of MP:FF to release in the future to fix that, which may be as easy as with FS. So that's WHY MP:FF should NOT have been made! Plus the game is going to fail anyways cause almost next to nobody will buy it, not just because it's Multiplayer only game but also because Samus isn't in the game. So the game is doomed to fail anyways, so why bother?

TL;DR - They shouldn't make this game bc I don't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom