• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tri Force Heroes How many of you are actually excited for Triforce Heroes?

Lozjam Please don't patronise me. It's highly offensive. Thanks.
I understand the Metroid series well and I understand the LoZ series well just like we all do here. Others here inderstand what I was trying to say. You didn't have to personally attack me over it all.

My point was multiple Links is a spinoff idea. It's just a spin off game that they put into Hyrule Hysteria timeline just because the fans wanted a Legend of Zelda timeline. That's all. FSA when you play it doesn't even feel like the average Zelda game. It's just gameplay wise a total spin off that later on was squeezed into the timeline for the book.

I just think people hate the fact that I don't hate Federation Force like they do. I actually like most of what we all saw about Federation Force. I know I am in the minority. But this viewpoint I have on Federation Force is loathed by lots of people. I am ok if others don't like FF. That's cool. So can all the others be ok with me likeing FF (so far in turn)? That would be kind if we could all respect each other's opinions.
You literally know NOTHING about the Metroid Prime Series.
Those games are ripe with story, backstory's. Just because there isn't a cutscene telling you what is going on, and you are expected to figure out the story throughout the information the game tells you via the scanning mechanic doesn't mean it doesn't have story. Hell! Even the first 3 games had really in depth stories for the time. Metroid Fusion also had a fantastic story as well.
You are not a real Metroid fan even though you act like you are. Stop it, you are insulting the Metroid name. And you are insulting one of Nintendo's most fleshed out worlds in Metroid Prime. Again. stop trying to pretend you know what you are talking about, because you really don't.
There is a back story. But that's it really. During the games as you say you learn about everything through the scaning mechanism (in Metroid Prime). Yeah I liked that part about it. But that doesn't change the fact that the Metroid series asks more questions than it answers. It's not like LoZ or Mario or many other games that give you lots of NPCs to talk to and lots of story throughout the game. And also not much of a story is not the same as no story at all. I stand by my point in what I said. The metroid story is there but how it's fleshed out (especially in the prime series) makes you think. It's a really well done aspect of the triology. Still it's not the most indept lofre of any game ever. It's pretty sparce.

A game can be canon as well as a spin-off. The two aren't mutually exclusive of each other.
He gets what I was trying to say totally. Thanks :)

Also, Metroid has never been a copy of Halo. Halo places a lot more focus on deathmatch (Slayer) type multiplayer and using vehicles in skirmishes, while Metroid has principally been a singleplayer experience, devoid of NPCs, that revolves around using gear and the morph ball to solve puzzles. A focus on multiplayer doesn't suddenly change the entire identity of the Metroid franchise.
This is very true. Halo was based of the Marathon Trilogy which in turn was based on Pathways Into Darkness. None of these games were clones of any of the Metroid games.

Exactly. And let's not forget that Four-Swords came out before the HH. Meaning it was a spin-off first, and then was shoe-horned into a canonical timeline.
Exactly. I think that's what happened.

Stop with the aggressive behavior, if you feel someone is wrong just explain why instead of getting heated over virtually nothing.
I agree totally. And feel free to lay down the law harshly on this point (even to me) if this rule is broken. We should all be civil to each other.

Last edited:

Healbot884

Founder of the Church of Tingle.
I'm really excited for a Zelda game that has online cooperative and competitive play. I've been waiting for this for years.
I'm hoping that this game sells really well so that Nintendo will start putting at least cooperative play into more Zelda games. Especially in the 3D ones. I want to be able to run around a huge open world Hyrule with my friends.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
To be fair, they're not technically Links or Link, only one the blond one in the cutscenes is link, so it's a bit different from the fs idea. On the other hand though its not confirmee if it is in the timeline if we take the canada spokewoman's coment to heart.

Hopefully It's enough to hold us off until Zelda U.
I really hope so too. I do hope TH sells well. But I also do think a large chunk of the TH crowd does not even own a WiiU and haz zero interest in ZeldaU. They have ALBW, TH and HW now. That's quite a bit of content. And will hold them over till the NX is talked about. (Yes I believe the NX will affect both the portable and TV console scenes).

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I hope it sells poorly. I dont care for multiplayer in Zelda or goofy spinoffs with a ridiculous story premise. I hope that the message will get to Nintendo that this is not the direction to take Zelda in.

Salem

SICK
I hope it sells poorly. I dont care for multiplayer in Zelda or goofy spinoffs with a ridiculous story premise. I hope that the message will get to Nintendo that this is not the direction to take Zelda in.
Why you gotta be mean?:(

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Why you gotta be mean?:(

I'm just being honest. Nintendo are taking a big dump on a franchise that I have been with for 17 years so I welcome anything that will steer it away from the type of game that Triforce Hero's is looking to be.

To be honest, I'm probably not going to buy it. I'm too busy to play games like this. I would definitely make time for plot driven excellent games like Xenoblade, Metroid, Fire Emblem, and ZeldaU will be. For those who have time and money, sure why not.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles

I actually agree with this wholesale. I know the gaming industry isn't catered to my tastes alone, but I think this game is a terrible idea. In fact, I'm really against Nintendo making so many spin-offs out of its franchises. Yeah, I know, without spin-offs we wouldn't have Mario Kart, but that's beside the point. It cheapens the IP when games like this are created. I know they do it because it has the name of the franchise in the title, so it will sell more than if it didn't. For example, Metroid Pinball. It sold what it did because it was Metroid, not because it was a pinball game. So I get the premise behind it, but I still don't agree with it nor do I like it.

Healbot884

Founder of the Church of Tingle.
I'm not sure I'm excited yet. Four Swords on 3DS was a bit of a let down.
I'm really hoping that TH will take more inspiration from FSA then it does from the original FS. I think that FSA had better gameplay, a better plot, and an overall better feel compared to the first one.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I think it will be a good game. I'm not sure if it will be like Four Swords or what, but it seems like an interesting idea. We do need more multiplayer Zelda games, there aren't enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom