• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long Until We Get a Female Link?

How long do you think it'll be until Female Link arises?

• 2 years, shouldn't be long

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 years

• 10 years, tops

• Never, it wouldn't workout.

• Total voters
I can just see it now, The Hero of Time Link-ette saving the prince Zachary? :O Though that would be a very interesting alternative to the usual LOZ protagonist, I think it would be a bit too confusing.

L

liz lemonade

I would love to see a female Link, and that doesn't necessarily mean that Zelda's gender would have to change as well. She could remain a princess and be tied to Link in some way other than romantically (although I don't think that is 100% canon). Or Zelda wouldn't have to be in the game at all, like in Majora's Mask.

I have no idea how feasible it is from Nintendo's standpoint, but it would definitely be an interesting and refreshing take on the series.

I would love to see a female Link, and that doesn't necessarily mean that Zelda's gender would have to change as well. She could remain a princess and be tied to Link in some way other than romantically (although I don't think that is 100% canon). Or Zelda wouldn't have to be in the game at all, like in Majora's Mask.

I have no idea how feasible it is from Nintendo's standpoint, but it would definitely be an interesting and refreshing take on the series.

Maybe Link and zelda could be a lesbian couple. If that happened it would probably be a controversial game, at least in todays discriminative world. And also, I cant believe I never realized how weird it is that zelda is not in a zelda game.

I don't want to see a female Link. I'm not a sexist, I just think it would be really weird. A spinoff with Zelda as the protagonist would be really cool, but I don't think a female Link would suit the series very well.

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
maybe not a female link, but a female protagonist or something could work in another franchise zelda like style, but not for TLOZ franchise, the character has become a staple that without it could make the francise crumble, but a zelda-ish franchise with a female protagonist could work...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
HoT - I don't think we need another spin off with Zelda as the protagonist. After ZA, I think Nintendo has learned their lesson with letting the Damsel-in-Distress being the hero. xD

Ballad of Gales - You may be on to something!

I'm thinking maybe the character wouldn't have to be Link. Maybe, Link could still be a boy and playable, but we could also have 'his older sister' or someone of that sort have a playable role as well. It'd be interesting to see a girl in a 3D Zelda title having combat style/techniques akin to Link's, wouldn't it? :D

N

NathanSalsa

Actually there were a few Japanese Zelda games for the Snes that used the Satellaview add on. In those games you had the option to play as a female link. Of course those games don't really count because they aren't canon. If you wanna read about the satellaview heres a link for ya. http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Satellaview

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I can't really vote on this pole...

If we do see a female Link, I think there should be a choice of gender. But, if Nintendo does this, they'd need to change other parts of the game. Imagine Link's and Midna's relationship if Link was a girl... *Shiver*

I'm all for the idea, I just don't think that Nintendo will head in that direction anytime soon.

HoT - I don't think we need another spin off with Zelda as the protagonist. After ZA, I think Nintendo has learned their lesson with letting the Damsel-in-Distress being the hero. xD

Zelda's Adventure was a CD-i game. It would've sucked no matter who the protagonist was (don't kill me Lord DARK MASTER). Damsel-in-distresses being heroes can be fun games. Example: Super Princess Peach; Peach saves Mario. That was an awesome game.

What I don't understand is why most people feel as though if Link were female, that that would automatically not work out with female Zelda.. in some games people theorize Link and Zelda to be siblings, so they're not always romantically inclined.. and female link and zelda could become friends/ be friends at the beginning, zelda gets kidnapped, the only one the save her is her best friend, linketta...

That being said, I don't know how much I would like to see a female Link.. as a girl, I've grown used to playing a male protagonist, and female protagonists always seem to be very uh.. well endowed.. which I don't like so much, as all the boys are like 8P'' and thats annoying..

FindSkullkid

The Energy Never Dies.
What I don't understand is why most people feel as though if Link were female, that that would automatically not work out with female Zelda.. in some games people theorize Link and Zelda to be siblings, so they're not always romantically inclined.. and female link and zelda could become friends/ be friends at the beginning, zelda gets kidnapped, the only one the save her is her best friend, linketta...

That being said, I don't know how much I would like to see a female Link.. as a girl, I've grown used to playing a male protagonist, and female protagonists always seem to be very uh.. well endowed.. which I don't like so much, as all the boys are like 8P'' and thats annoying..

That's why I was trying to suggest that instead of everyone wanting a female link, they should want Zelda to be a playable character. A duo of 1 male and 1 female makes the game epic and still slightly romantic in a way that the plot is still interesting. 2 females takes away a large portion of the intensity of the game. Although you play as link by himself throughout the whole game, Zelda is still the reason for all of his fighting, (in OoT at least). I'm using OoT as the example because that seems the be the legit plot of Legend of Zelda, and all the other games were variations based on OoT. Think about it, the way you are treated by other friendlies in the game if you are a girl just won't be the same. I don't know, I feel like this is how we should stay, with Link being a male. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, yeah, Link ain't broke so we can't "fix" him, but adding yet another variation wouldn't hurt! Female Link wouldn't need a deep voice, 'endowed body', muscles, or anything like that yet at the same time she wouldn't need to be a complete softy like most Japanese girls are portrayed. I was thinking earlier, because of Zelda's 'personality' she is getting in SS, that maybe the female Link could be like the male Link, but have a softer side in the face of an enemy. So, for example, whereas the Hero of Time would do anything to end Ganondorf (he succeeds in his destiny), the Heroine of Time would give him a chance (which could or couldn't be fatal to her). That would provide some really nice what-if scenarios, add a tadbit more realism and boost replay value amongst all future Zelda games, assuming we get the gender choice. [I know the thing about HoT(F) wasn't realistic - Ganondorf is clearly evil and no matter who you are or what your gender is, if you are a hero(ine) then you should destroy him or at the very least seal him up]

LinkxZelda could still happen, it would just have to be friendship. That would do a number on the 'shippers' (fanboys/fangirls!), but still would provide some more whatifs and we could get official art which would then be leaked to the artists...

I'm seriously thinking about this though, it wouldn't be a terrible idea, it would just be different. I'm not saying the gameplay has to be any less serious, nor do we need Team Ninja breast physics, just a small change in the main player character's looks, that's all.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I actually really like the idea, either for like a spin off, an alternate universe or a customizable option. My favorite is the latter. I DO THINK that the Link we all know and love should ALWAYS be the default, at least in more canonical. I don't think it's too outlandish to allow this customizing to make your own version of Link. So, yeah, I'd like to see it. As a customizing feature in games, and maybe solidify its spot in the game like how we name Link anything. So yes, I'd like it, as long as Link remains the CANONICAL hero, in Nintendo's eyes. I think it would be cool to customize your appearance. I think it would appeal to all gamers. Now, if they did that, would Zelda become Prince Zelda or be choosable as a boy or girl to compensate?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't know about Zelda, as I think she should always be the Princess no matter who is saving her. Nintendo doesn't always show LinkxZelda moments or even support them in some games (like TP for instance), so I don't see why she would also need a gender switch. A girl saving a girl isn't unheard of (I did it recently in Fire Emblem), and there doesn't have to be sexual or romantic undertones within that action. A Prince Zelda also...well, Zelda seems like a feminine name (to a couple of people) so she would likely get a name change if she gets a gender change as well. But I wouldn't approve of that, not that my opinion really matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom