• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long Until We Get a Female Link?

How long do you think it'll be until Female Link arises?

• 2 years, shouldn't be long

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 years

• 10 years, tops

• Never, it wouldn't workout.

• Total voters

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
As we all know, Nintendo has done various things that were different with each Link. Whether it'd be very subtle changes like changing his hair color from brown to pink (and I said subtle...), to other things like changing his stature and voice actor, we can't deny that each Link is different. We can even name each one a different name which leads to further differences. But, those kinds of changes (graphical style, stature, VA, etc) will get used up eventually. Many people have been asking about it whether it be recent or not, but how long will it be until Nintendo at least considers a female Link? You can't say that Link is only a Hero and couldn't be a Heroine, but I DO agree that it would change the Zelda formula drastically. AND it would push development time even further back for a console Zelda, assuming we would get the gender choice of male or female (because they would have to hire another VA to do so and believe it or not, that takes a LOT of time). Personally I don't think we'll have to wait much longer and I don't think it'd be a bad idea either because many players feel unrepresented due to the lack of a girl Link. Others would raise the question "Why do we need a girl anyway? We already got to play as one before" and I would say that playing as Zelda in Zelda's Adventure wasn't the best performance...

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
It's an interesting thing to think over. I think they could do it like in some modern RPGs where there is a scene in which you pick a gender for the character. Like in Fallout 3, where you see a brief scene where your character is born, right when the doctor says "It's a..." a screen appears where it says "Boy" and "Girl" and you get to pick. That would probably be very out of place in a Zelda game though. :hmm:

To be honest, I always thought Link was kind of effeminate to make female players feel more at home. I guess that's just the impression I got, though.

Not to mention it would kinda limit the plot development, like in Skyward Sword, which seems to imply a relationship between Link and Zelda. That kind of thing would take several tweaks in the game's plot and somewhat restrict it. Again, just my opinion. They could make Link either just a female or just a male to avoid plot develpment, though. If he was a female from the get-go, I'd be interested to see how that would fare among the fanbase.

I see how much development tools have advanced, though, so I say: It won't take too long until Nintendo at least considers it.

Last edited:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Well, if you haven't noticed, Link looks very feminine for a male. I mean, not Ghirahim feminine, but you know.
Nintendo does that on purpose. They make Link a very muscular man, but at the same time, he has a soft, feminine side. He even looks very feminine. And they do that so male and female players alike can enjoy the Zelda games and have a character that fits the role of a hero and heroine.

amaterasu

Writer
you know, we always have male protaganists in games. with a few exeptions, *cough okami cough*. well, why? I put 10 Years, Tops, because that at least gives it a chance. but still.... Female link...... hmmmmmm

Teal

Useful Help.
I don't they will ever make a female Link since it will cause so much problems in the series and it will be confusing example Link and Zelda what will become of them:S next Link has its femine style so Females buy and enjoy the game that makes the majority happy.

Teal

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Female Link would imply male Zelda.
Male Zelda would imply, given the Triforce of Wisdom, that men are the intellectuals and, given the Triforce of Courage with female Link, that females are more outgoing and physically able.

It is possible it's something Nintendo would do, but given not only Nintendo's track record, but gaming and indeed entertainment as a whole, it would be a huge, almost universely unaccepted structure.

I think it would be a nice change, but I don't think it would make a good Zelda game, and thus I don't think Nintendo would ever do it, but knowing those crazy Japanese, anything is possible. :S

gerudogirl

a crazed guns women
a female link won't work, as cool as it would be. but, there might be a possibility to have two players zelda game (not like in spirit tracks where you control both link and zelda, i mean actually two players playing together) and you can play as a controllable female sidekick. now THAT would be cool :cool:

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
It is more likely that we will see a mature Link in the future rather than a female Link. I think the time will come when a new main hero is going to rise.

Anyway. Turn off the Google Picture Filter and type in "Link Mature". Strange stuff will appear :O

Norisom

Hero of Something...
In my opinion, we definitely don't need a female Link, he is fine as a dude, and these days people complain if Link changes his pants. They would start a cult if he turned into a girl.

FindSkullkid

The Energy Never Dies.
I think Miyamoto would never come around to making a female link, HOWEVER, I think he will make it possible to play as Zelda within the next 3 LoZ games. Just an estimation.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
That would rock! Or else make Zelda a playable character, like FindSkullkid said. As a female gamer myself I wish there were more games that showed strong, nonsexualized girls, like Chell from Portal or a less busty Samus Aran. Samus is really cool but I don't like how people think of her.

well, even if that would be cool, I dont think we will see a female link, still, we can have some kind of spin off with a female character (tetra, sheik, aryll, etc)

[...]would imply, given the Triforce of Wisdom, that men are the intellectuals and, given the Triforce of Courage with female Link, that females are more outgoing and physically able.

uh? so, zelda(game) is sexist?

P.S: Link hair was only pink in the in-game graphics, he wasnt supposed to have pink hair

Jedizora

:right:
Possibly. Of source, to make things work out, we'd have to have a "Prince Zelda". Other games have done it well, like bayonetta, Okami, and metroid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom