• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Easy Do You Think the Next Game Will Be?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
So lately I was checking out reactions to Skyward Sword from both core and casual games. The core gamers complained that the game was too easy, but casual gamers complained that the game was far too hard. In fact many of them quit before completion due to its difficulty for them. So what do you guys think? Does this mean we're going to get a vastly easier game next time?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Damn, I was gonna make a thread exactly like this. Anyway, I surmise that the next game will have varying responses as far as difficulty goes.

The way I see it, if the game is a motion control-based game: Veterans of the series will likely find the game easier than even Skyward Sword, whereas complete newcomers will find the game moderately hard (I say moderately because the hardest Zelda game to date is AoL, and Nintendo will never treat us to such difficulty ever again).

If it's a traditional control game: veterans will likely find the game harder than Skyward Sword but easier than Ocarina of Time (OoT is only a bit ways harder than SS, imo, not significantly harder), whereas complete newcomers will find the game easier than OoT.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Hmm, I think we might a new Zelda game that can be hard or easy, which will all depend on the game and player. I would like to see a semi-easy hard game. For example, I can sometimes see the games as easy as they look, but it's actually hard once you actually go further into the game. Everyone's first can be hard or easy, depend of his/her point-of-view. Skyward Sword was actually semi-hard for me. It's take me forever to get to one place to another and handle the maneuvers.

I think Nintendo should do a semi-easy hard game. I think it wouldn't be as bad as any other game, unless someone finds it too hard or too easy.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I hope not, The one thing that's made the last few Zelda installments boring to me is the difficulty. It takes me like 1 week of casual playing every day to complete most Zelda games, Add another week for it to be a 100% run. But IMO as long as the story makes up for it I'll be happy with the game, Even though it didn't take much of my brain to finish TP or TWW for an example I just had a blast watching the story unfold. I'll be a little disappointed of course if the enemies don't hit hard enough or the puzzles don't take as much thinking to solve as I'd like but as long as it's not ridiculously easy so that Nintendo are basically holding my hand throughout the game (Which hasn't happened in any of the games thankfully :p) then I'll happy, Just give me the awesome story that Zelda is. Afterall it's not designed as an MMO to keep you locked up in your house beating on a boss for 5 hours. ;)

But enough of my opinion, What I think will happen is Nintendo trying to make it a fun experience for everyone. Both core and casual players, So the easiest way to do that is to make easier gameplay so that nobody gets frustrated trying to progress through the story but an epic story so that nobody really cares if it's easy or not, Just that they get to see what happens.

I have a feeling Nintendo is going to make the game more puzzling not so much hard. Now that they have the gamepad on the WiiU they can make it so you have to solve puzzles on both the screen and the gamepad, which may make the temples a lot longer. They certainly have the technology to make the enemies AI better making them more difficult to defeat. If we see another "E" rated Zelda game I have a feeling it will be more puzzling, but if we see a "T" rated game we will have the puzzles and a more advanced fighting system. just my opinion.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
First off, there really needs to be a difficulty meter so that we can choose our own difficulty.

Failing that, I think that the next game is going to be continuing the recent trend in the Zelda games and provide a game that's semi-hard. Not balls-breaking hard like AoL, that's too much, but if ST and SS are anything to go by, the games are progressively getting back to that sweet spot of difficulty that the series found in OoT and MM.

I don't think that Zelda U is going to be a tougher game than what we have had recently. I didn't find SS hard at all and i found its puzzles almost insultingly easy. the biggest thing for Zelda WiiU is its aesthetic, to me Zelda Wii U will play much more like OoT3D with the game pad being the HUD with maps, and items and other subscreens leaving the main screen relatively empty, from there the HD graphics will shine through uncluttered. As far as the game itself being the first Zelda game on the game pad, much like SS being the first game with motion control, i doubt nintendo would make Zelda U very difficult as to not alienate new players and all the common excuses that are made along with the game being an introduction to a new mode of control (which to me can only be made once if you're planning to knock out games annually or something close to it, where it can't be used is if, like nintendo so often do, only release at most two games on one console.)

So yeah, Zelda WiiU, to me wont be hard at all and im thinking that the visuals are going to be what nintendo concentrate on this time around more than anything else.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword have significantly stepped up the difficulty from the other recent entries in the series and brought Zelda's challenge level back to its rightful place, so I see nothing but more proper difficulty levels in the future.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword have significantly stepped up the difficulty from the other recent entries in the series and brought Zelda's challenge level back to its rightful place, so I see nothing but more proper difficulty levels in the future.

SS wasn't that difficult aside from some people having Control issues.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
SS wasn't that difficult aside from some people having Control issues.
That's entirely your opinion Term; JJ likes the difficulty or lack thereof (whichever it is for him) that SS presented. ;p

Skyward Sword is a game where if you pay attention and don't goof off, you'll probably do just fine, especially if you're a long-time Zelda veteran. If you take it lightly and just carelessly do things, namely in the combat, you're going to have trouble. It's a game that rewards attention and punishes slacking. Same thing with Spirit Tracks, and that's the proper level of difficulty for Zelda.

I can't speak with certainty regarding what we'll get but I definitely know what I want. With the 3DS and Wii U, it appears as though Nintendo is catering to more "hardcore"gamers. The Game Pad's dual analog configuration and virtually nonexistent learning curve guarantee novices will have to learn fast or bite the dust. If the ALttP GBA port was a very accurate indication of what The Minish Cap would be, then I surmise Zelda 3DS will be roughly as hard as OoT which is to say fair, not overly easy, not overtly difficult.

Having grown up on N64, GB/GBC games as well GBA ports of NES and SNEs classics, I vouch for a harder difficulty level. I initiated as a beginner but quickly and satisfyingly learned becoming intermediate and eventually expert. Nintendo claims it desires to transform its new players from the Wii and DS generations to dedicated gamers. Now is the perfect time to strike with strong brand names, secured htird party support, and more traditional control schemes.

I think nintendo will probably try to improve the difficulty and make it a tad easier, but then add a hard mode with a difficulty that will challenge veterans

personally i do not think that skyward sword was too easy or too difficult. the game took me roughly a month to beat and at no point was i ever "stuck" in the game. That being said though there were times when i found swarms of enemies to be quite challenging and induced a lot of gamer rage. However I don't think we'll ever see another zelda game or nintendo game in general that had the challenge of the nes, snes, and even n64 games because nintendo seems to think that their games need to be insultingly easy which is something gamers these days are missing out on. Remember donkey kong country and how great, fun and challenging that game was? Sorry to tell you but we'll never see another game quite like that again. DK counrty returns was a step in the right direction but it wasn't the same and you know exactly what I'm talking about so don't pretend like you don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom