• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Address Your Parents?

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
i call my mom, "mother," my stepdad, "ash," and my dad as "father" or sometimes "dipsh*t" occasionally "dumb*ss" when he's really not using his brain.

Kirino

Tatakae
I use the Albanian words for mom and dad. There's more than one variation, but the ones I mostly use are "mami" and "babi", since I was raised to do so, and it's what I'm used to. It honestly feels quite strange to call my parents "mom" and "dad", or any other English variation.

Last edited:

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I call them mommy and daddy. I asked them if I could just call them mom and dad like everyone else, but they just yelled at me... :I

I say Dad and Mom when I address my parents. If I wanted to seem like a ******, though, I would start calling my mother Leah because I don't like her, and she hasn't been the best mother recently.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
"Mom" "Ma" and "Mummy" for my mom, as for my dad I simply call him "Dad" whenever I see him, whenever I talk about him in third person I call him "The part timer".

I swear to wolf god that I was just going to post a thread like this...

When my dad was still alive, I mainly referred to him as "Bob" most of the time, which he often scolded me for. Aside from that, I usually called him dad, or taata "when I wanted something..." I usually address my mom as moogle or mog, which she hates with a passion, and aside from that: ma' or mom...

I address my parents as "mom" and "dad" as well as the Polish equivalents since that's their primary language.

I've never called them by their first names because that'd be weird, but I have called other adults in my family such as my aunt by their first names numerous time before.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
In normal conversation: "mom" and "dad".

When I'm being scolded by them and I know I did something wrong: "ma'am" and "sir"

Sometimes when I'm in a large group of relatives I use "Robert" for my dad simply to avoid confusion when everyone else is calling their fathers "dad".

Within the past few years, though, I've been using "Janet" for my mom more often in conversation. That's because of what she did to our family, that's something you just can't get over. Especially when the conversation turns to her and the whole divorce, because she's not the person I knew growing up and so I don't have a problem calling her Janet anymore, especially in a derisive tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom