• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Address Your Parents?

Dan

I just use "Mom" and "Dad" but since me and my dad have a fairly informal relationship I call him "idiot" once in a while, such as when he asks how to send an email. Or make me go to the bank (Dan that reference was for you).

I know I'm a terrible person.

Eric SHUTUP you're going to the bank and that's final!

I address my father as Turbo man and my Mother as Mum.

bunny

birb overlord
Most of the time I just stick to "mom" and "dad", but I also use "mama" and "papa" pretty often. Every once in awhile I'll call my dad "daddy" just 'cause I know he likes it.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I say mum or mama for my mum. For my dad.... I don't really call him anything. Just 'hey' or I just talk to him. Dad is an awkward word for me because I didn't have a father growing up so I don't feel comfortable now that I know him to call him dad.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm Norwegian, so I call them "mamma" and "pappa", which is our equivalent of your "mom" and "dad" (at least it's the terms that are most common for people, both children and adults alike to refer to their parents as, the older generation will sometimes use "mor" and "far", which is like your "mother" and "father")

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I usually say "mom" and "dad" I once jokingly called my father "father" once and his response was "That was very formal..."

I've been saying "mother" and "father" more often recently, but I never call my parents that because it's too formal for me.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I call my mother "Mama" or "Maa". And my father "Papa". All which are very common ways of addressing your parents from where I come from. I used to call my mother "Mama" before, but once when I called her "Maa" she said she loved it when I call her that, so I make an effort to call her "Maa" more. When talking about my parents, I call them "Mother" and "Father". I don't know why. I seems more respectful :P

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
I call my mom "Mimi" unless she's getting on my nerves then I call her mother. When my dad was alive, I simply called him Dad and he turned around and called me kid. I miss those days :(

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I just call them "Mom" and "Dad," unless I'm trying to get their attention. That's when I call them by their first name. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom