• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Difficult Do You Want Zelda Wii to Be?

I would also like to see this game be as difficult as A Link To The Past, if not harder. I think a simple change, that would increase it's difficulty, would be to get rid of quarter-heart damage. This is what I think gives, Alttp, it's difficulty. For the most part anyways.

Definitely more difficult than Twilight Princess, especially the bosses. I'd like to see the bosses actually do a reasonable amount of damage (getting hit takes away several hearts, and they do more damage as you become stronger). Not only bosses, I want regular enemies (such as ones in the field, dungeons, etc.) to be considerably harder to defeat.

I think better enemy AI in general would be great.

Kazumi

chagy
I have to agree 100% with Kitsu. I don't really need harder puzzles, or anything like that. I just want harder enemies. Most of them in Twilight Princess could be killed before you could even pull off a full Helmsplitter. And the Backslash was way to effective. The AI needs to be stronger, and the Enemies need more health and more powerful attacks.

Another note on the enemy AI, it would be interesting to see things like packs of Bulbins or Lizalfos roaming the field, and they would strategically try and attack you. I'd also like something kind of like a "random quest" where you'd say, get called in by the people of X Village to defend their town with the guards/civilians from a "random" enemy attack. And then get a reward. Kind of like the Pirates in PH or saving those Traveler guys.

As for Dungeons, it would be interesting to have enemies stalk you through dungeons, and hit at the exact wrong time. Like when you are crossing a chasm or something. That is something that I've always liked about Left 4 Dead. I'll read/hear that there is a Special Infected nearby, stalking me, but I will never know exactly where it is until it's to late. Unless I find it of course.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I would like for the difficulty in Zelda Wii to be hard. Not extremely hard, but hard enough to make me want to give up for the day (or for the next couple of days) when the game keeps on kicking my butt. I also would like for the enemy AI to be a lot better so that they would have a lot more strategy when it comes to them attacking me and trying to prevent me from going on with my adventure. Another thing that I want is for the bosses to be a lot stronger and tougher to beat. They don't need to be as easy as they have been recently, especially with TP.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
How difficult do i want it? Like if i was playing Loz Twilight Princess but more harder. :)
Cuz the rest of the other loz games have been easier to complete it. And when u finish it, ur like i want a harder game than this easy one. So i say that this new Zelda wii game should b like the hardest Nintendo has ever made. That's my opinion. Good bye.:zelda:

B

BigHeadLink

I want this game to be quite challenging, including many of the things that were already mentioned. I don't think Nintendo will have a problem doing this because they have been putting the easier toon games on the DS (PH and ST), so I think they will start focusing of harder more realistic games for the consoles.

Seamus

Pinball Wizard
I definitely want it to be harder than Twilight Princess. I breezed through that in about a week. I think some much more challenging bosses, longer dungeons, harder puzzles, etc. Though this probably wont happen because of younger, and newer players. Unless they have like a difficulty setting on the new one.

I think the game should have a decent amount of difficulty, around the level of ALttP (I died around 5 times the first time I played it), perhaps a little more.
On the other hand, I don't think it's necessary for the game to have a difficulty selection feature. This new generation of Zelda players have grown used to finishing the game without dieing once, so they don't even know (most of them) what it means to play a hard game... but trust me, if the game is not frustrating, it's always more fun to play something that defeats you sometimes. They just don't know it yet.

I don't think it's necessary either to use a difficulty selection. Perhaps the first time you play through it, the difficulty is like any old Zelda game with minor threats progressing to hordes of monsters, the kind of progression you fight through in the Cave of Ordeals in TP. So maybe if they had the game file be a 2nd time play through, it could be increased hordes of monsters to up the difficulty without having difficulty levels? Like how when you played through Wind Waker the second time you could change clothes, I'm not sure.

I had this idea for my Zelda story line where you could play through the original quest, a long, exciting, and involved journey consisting of everything from peaceful villages to hordes and armies of monsters, etc. Then, upon beating the game you would actually be recognized as the hero, instead of always restarting at the level right before the boss fight. You would have also unlocked a new game play that is sort of like a mini-game in addition to the original quest. Then of course there would be the more difficult journey (the original quest, but with more enemies and so forth). But another addition to the game would be a reversal of roles, upon successfully completing every quest format, where the player would become the villain and play on the opposite side of the original journey. I had it in mind that the original journey would allow for solo or co-op play, as well as the increased difficulty quest, and the mini-game would allow up to 4 players, but I haven't figured out if the reversed course should allow for co-op or just be solo.

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
I want it to have MM objectives (like flipping stone tower and such) instead of wandering through rooms aimlessly, maybe even time restraints but be more like Oot difficulty (simpler puzzles).

R

Rito

I like the Idea of north apple's in which completing the dungeon wouldn't be to hard but there would be lots of other paths and rooms with more dificulty. I also think that there should be dungeons of increasing dificulty. Like the first 5 dungeons wouldn't be to hard and players would be able to get through them with quite ease than the later dungeons would get harder and harder so to satisfy hardcore gamers needs.Also I thing the enemy level should be upped a lot and while earlier enemies would be like they are now the ones in the later dungeons would be more like minibosses with better strategies and more life. Also I think the bosses should be harder and that it should take you at least three tries to beet them altough I don't want them to be so hard that you just give up on the game because you can't beat the second dungeon. Me personly a'm not a big fan of dungeons and enjoy the story and sidequests more. i also love collecting everything in zelda if it's heartpeices or gold skullatas or treasure maps thats awesome.:D
'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom