• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Did You First Get into the Zelda Games?

M

Mikau

I was 9 and i saw a commercial for twilight princess and i knew i wanted it. from the second i killed my first boss, i knew the godesses destined me to play zelda

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I fell in love with the series when my Dad bought an N64 and started playing the only game he bought. Of course he always played the older games, but fell in love with OoT.

Apple

Crazy Cookie
I was pretty much born into it. My parents both played the original Zelda, and once I figured the controller out (I was still in the toddler age), I started messing around with it as well. As I got older, I kept playing, and when my dad bought our N64 and Ocarina of Time I was hooked for life.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
When me and my family came home from the US, I found a zip-lock filled with GBA cartridges. There was KND, Quad, Dr. Mario, and the adventure of Link. I learned that my mom had bought these earlier and was keeping them around to surprise us. I played AoL, but the difficult gameplay was annoying. I made it to the first dungeon, but I got stuck, and I didn't want to play it much because of the creepy 'game over' screen. But when we got PH in the US like three years later, I fell in love with them and began to look into them.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
When I was about three, I would always play the first Zelda game, but I didn't know what to do since I was so young. While I was around six, I started playing Link's Awakening, but I couldn't get far in it at all. After a few years without anything Zelda, I got The Wind Waker for Christmas. I couldn't figure out how to get past the Forsaken Fortress when I was first playing it, and it took me months just to start over, work on it again, and get past that dreadful place. During the game, I was getting better and better at playing it and eventually beat it, and I feel in love with the game. It was just so much fun. When I found Link's Awakening again, I played through that and beat it, and I fell in love with the series.

Now I've beaten quite a few Zelda games. :3

I saw a commercial for Ocarina of Time when it first came out. I knew I wanted it. I was very young (8) so it was an epic adventure beating that game. I think it took me about a year. I've played the series religiously ever since.

Y

younglink

when i was 5 i got an n64 with OOT and loved it, and i still do.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
8 years old, my best nate comes into school bragging about this awesome game that he bought for his 64.
I buy it, fall in love with it, and so the romance began.
OoT.

When i was about 7-8 or so, i went to Mexico ( a lot of my family lives there) and i saw my cousin play MM and i got extremely hooked to zelda then, after about a year i discovered there were other games and got some etc. BTW you could talk about zelda with any1 in my family, every1 is addited! and i have a huge family...........

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Lol i was raised on zelda ^^ my mom and bro were addicts and beat the games out i 1999, was about 5 at the time my bro gave up on OOT so i had a go and got hooked (lol he gave up on the water temple) been playing ever since.

Owned: OOT,MM,ALTTP,LA,LOZ, OOS,OOA,MC,TP,PH,ST
Completed: OOT,MM,ALLTP,LA,LOZ,WWMC,TP,PH,ST
Yet to finsih: OOS,OOA,AOL
To get yet: AOL,WW,MC
lol im looking for new copies of WW and MC coz i completed them when i was younger got annoyed there wasn't anything else to do, so the games took an accident of sorts. MWUHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
When I got the Phantom Hourglass for christmas when it first came out I had no idea it was in a series but the I loved it and got ST when it came out and then I looked for a walkthrough for it and found this site so now I have like 6 games :) :)

My brother rented Ocarina of Time and walked me through the first dungeon (I was younger back then and sucked at video games in general). Never got very far though. Beat ALttP and MM before playing OoT again. :P

Didn't get especially fond of Zelda - like really into it - until maybe a year and a half ago. That's when I first joined ZD because I was getting so into the series. :xd:

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I first got into it when my cousin bought Ocarina of Time. I would watch him play it all the time, and I completely fell in love with it, and I hadn't even played it yet. (He wouldn't let me, either.) So I waited and waited and waited for Christmas to roll around, and I ended up getting it. Probably one of the greatest moments of my life. (Sad, I know.) From there, it was history.
OoT was not my first Zelda game, however. When I was real little I used to play The Legend of Zelda. Well, run around the map and get bored... if you call that playing.

Vibed

must read before he posts
The moment I saw that intro in OoT when I was three, I knew...

"I've got to have more."

Anyways, when I was almost 4, I got a 64 from a second-hand store along with Diddy Kong Racing, Super Mario 64, and LoZ: Ocarina of Time. Soon after that I got tons of Zelda. I saw MM, at a friend's house, I got ALTTP/FS, I got Rayman 3 and ended up trading it with a friend for OoA, and I got WW for Chirstmas. All of this by around the age of 6 I think...

Last edited:

Austin

Austin
Its been over 14 years ago, lol! (I'm really old =(..) I first got into it when I buy the SNES packaged with Mario All Stars, and we bought ALTTP because my dad played original LoZ and wanted to see how it was like. From there I played ALTTP and beat it many times till I got the GBC game, and from there OoT, etc, etc. The more I played it, the more fun it became! Till this day I still play it and pretty big fan! I still miss and adore the 2d LoZ games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom