• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Did You First Get into the Zelda Games?

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
This thread is pretty straight forward guys, How did you first get into the Zelda games? For me, I was about 5-ish. I read somewhere that there was a videogame character named Link, {Link is Lincoln for short} but I never took much interest in it. But, when I was about 15-ish, a really good friend of mine, who is a video game genius, showed me SSB on an emulator. And, of course, my question was answered, there WAS a character called Link. That felt so brilliant. Then, I downloaded OoT in an rom, & I instantly fell in love with the series, with the Medievil theme that I was also interested in, & the thinking required to progress through the games. It has never changed since then, & never will. :)

I got into the series with Twilight Princess. I got it last year a couple days after my birthday. I was bored and wanted something new, so I bought Twilight Princess and got hooked on the series. I then bought Ocarina of Time, then Wind Waker, and so on.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Well, sometime in early 1993, a friend of my mother lent her her NES with the original SMB. I (aged 5 at that time) totally got addicted by it so we bought a SNES with SMB All Stars (a cartridge containing revamped versions of SMB1-3 and Lost Levels) later that year. Shortly after that a friend in the neighborhood lent me aLttP (I kept it for around 2 years ;)) and I got soaked up into it. I can still remember sitting there and playing until 4AM or so trying to finish the Ice dungeon :D
But it wasn't until late 2007 that I learnt that there are still other Zelda games, so I played most of them until now and they never got me bored!

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well let's see... when I was about seven my gaming mentor (he taught me everything I know!) got a copy of Wind Waker and I watched him play it. I thought it was pretty fun so I set out to attain a copy for myself. At first it was fun but I got to the Forsaken Fortress and got stuck (when I figured out the tower thing I facepalmed myself so hard! :embarrassed:) and gave up. Then about five years later when I was twelve, I picked it up again for nostalgia's sake and started playing from the beginning again (which wasn't too hard! :xd:). I found out that I had to get to the tower so easily that I was just absolutely disgusted in myself. After I saw Ganondorf, I pretty much got hook[shott]ed into Zelda for the rest of my life.

O

Olaf Forkbeard

I went to a friends house when i was 9 or so. And her older brother had let the game (OOT) sit on pause. Well being 9, i grabbed it, hit B, fell off the chain fence in the fire temple to my doom in the lava for I was too dumb to save myself by walking lol. Thought it was cool though, and 2 years later I bought it solely for that memory... The same guy got me into Diablo 1... if anyone has ever played it.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Late 2007, I was looking for a new video game series to try since playing only pokemon didn't give me a lot of diversity. Heard from various parts of the internet about the Legend of Zelda series. I only knew a little about it, but figured that it had to be good given the stuff I heard, so I went and picked up a copy of Phantom Hourglass. I was addicted instantly. After getting a Wii the following spring, Twilight Princess was the first game I asked to get. Got even more addicted. Not long after that I finally properly dived into the series as a whole, played more of the games, and found myself spending all my free time on Zelda Wiki and other Zelda fansites.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
My friend got Phantom Hourglass and said it was really good so I got it and I have been really into it since then!

Link

Hero of the Lands
My brother had Oracle Of Seasons/Ages (I forget which one it is) and I loved it! That's how I got into Zelda Games =D

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I first got into Zelda games when my parents bought the 1st game for me (the golden cartridge ;D) and the second one as well!
I loved it... and the rest is Hyrule history!

NES

Awesome
My dad got ALttP for my brother's birthday forever ago and I used to watch him play it. When I started playing it, I immediately loved it and got into the LoZ series. Simple but true.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I was at gamestop, bought a gamecube and did not know which games to buy. I bought WW, played it at home and sorta got hooked with it. I never finished playing the game though.

D

Dinalfo

From what I can remember, my brother had the collector's edition and was playing OOT Master Quest on it. It was funny because my bro sucked and I thought that I could do it, so I went ahead and play it but didn't know that there were two separate versions of OOT, so I picked the original and sucked me in like it was nothing.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
When I first got my wii, i had no games except the wii sport, i got board of it and then I bought two games, one of them was TP and I automatically fell in love with the game. I had only one friend who new the series and he once told about that there are other zelda games but I didn't really listen to him. Few month later, my wii some how stop working and it took a week till i got it back fixed. I was so sad that week... all I could think of was Link and Zelda and hyrule, but than I remembered what my friend told me.I didn't had another console except the wii, so I used an n64 emulator and played OoT and MM. After that I played many other zelda games and I became a LoZ fan.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
When super smash brothers came out, I always liked picking link. He just seemed like the best natural fighter with his sword and all. Then melee came out and I continue to battle as Link, however Zelda was in this one and when I realized she was an actual person, I asked my older brother "how come all of Link's games have Zelda in the title but not Link?" So my brother began explaining the concepts of Zelda to me. He kept telling me someone like me would really like it. Then, for his own nastalgic purposes, he went and grabbed his MM for N64 and began playing. My eyes grew wide as I saw him run around Termina as a kid and with a fairy trying to solve riddles. A whole game about riddles! This was built for me! However, he doesn't really have a "Zelda mind" like most people who play, so he had never beaten the game. As he was playing I, being a natural :), began figuring things out. He gave me the controller and told me to try. But going from playing Mario all the time to Zelda isn't a simple process. Though I could figure things out, I couldn't do them because the controls were weird. For example, there's no jump button in Zelda. So he had to play, while I told him what to do. I asked my brother desperately if I could borrow it so that I could master this marvelous game without him. He did and then preceded to tell me the marvels of an even better game, his opinion, called OoT. After beating MM, which became my absolute favorite video game, and then OoT. I was hooked completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom