• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How did you come up with your username?

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Call me big headed but I'm loving that this convo is because of my username :D especially because there are far more interesting ones lol

Misty

Ronin
Despite false rumors spread by turkey lovers about pokemon gym trainers with bad hair styles, my av name originates in a heavily favoured book my parents read to me as a child. "The Misty of Chincoteague" being the particular title. My father took to calling me Misty as a very little girl because of them and it became primary among his pet names for me. When it was time to join the internet, that seemed like the best choice as it was a name that is not my own name that I answer to readily and easily.

I have a few other commonly used names (Mina, Aeris, PixieQueen) if all the permutations I accept of Misty are taken, but it is rather rarely taken which is just another benefit.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
A Link to the Past was my first Zelda game, and remains to be one of my favourites to this day, so my username is a reference to the Book of Mudora. When I first joined the forums back in 2012, my username was actually HEY! LISTEN! which I'm sure doesn't need further explanation. ;)

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I got the name from the song Gemini by Cane Hill. They are a pretty underground band but I think they are one of the better bands of this new wave of Nu Metal bands that have been appearing recently. I'm just really passionate about music so I wanted it named after a song. Even though I'm more into hip hop music there was nothing I could think of that fit as a username so I chose one of the few metal bands I liked and Gemini seemed the coolest one to me. I'm also a Gemini so that helps XD

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
As most of you know, I have only been around the ZD forums for 6 months at the most, so my story doesn't go too terribly far back like most of yours do.

On Miiverse, I went through a lot of name changes, until I settled on Ghirahim because he's cool. Once Breath of The Wild came about, I learned of the YIGA clan, and thought it fun to "Switch" things up and replace "Ghira" with "YIGA" to make YIGAhim (Pronounced: Yee guh him) instead of Ghirahim (Pronounced: Gear uh him).

I suppose it stuck, and that's that

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
When I was 10 I was really into Sailor Moon and wanted to make my own Sailor Senshi. So Sailor Super Star was born and I gave her the name Niki Shields for her street name, Princess Nicola is her royal name but since my friend wanted to join in she made Niki's twin Summer. So I am Niki and my friend is Summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom