• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How About a Remake of the CD-I Games?

I think you basically have to remove and replace 80% of everything of that game to actually make it a good Zelda game.

If I was going to do it, I would still go with the Zelda 2 styled gameplay, but with more puzzle elements and a decent combat system, basically a mix between Zelda 2 and the traditional Zelda gameplay.

Oh, and the game must use cel-shaded style. For some reason, I always imagine that would look great (Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I suppose has somthing to do with this).

And get the guys who made the cutscenes in Spirit Tracks.

I don't even see why Nintendo would do that. The games are not considered canon and the stories, which are an integral part of Zelda games, were terrible, not to mention they were unlike Zelda. Sure they could remove 80% of everything in the game, but with that much removed, it would cease to be a remake. I would much rather see a remake of Majora's Mask on the 3DS. If Nintendo remakes Zelda games, they should remake good ones rather than wasting their time on these. I wouldn't be opposed to re-using some elements from the CD-i titles, but there is no way would I want a remake. I wouldn't be opposed to making a Cd-i Virtual Console for the fans, but I would rather Nintendo spent their time on making new Zelda games.

Last edited:

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I don't think that is a good idea at all. Number one the CD-i games where terrible.
A remake doesn't have to be.
Also the only reason Philips even had the privlege of making a "Zelda" game, was back in the 90's Philips was supposed to make a CD peripheral for the SNES, but Nintendo backed out on the deal. I don't know if Philips took Nintendo to cort over this (probably not), but Nintendo eventually gave Philips permission to use a couple of Nintendo charictars in games for Philips new system (CD-i).
Yes. I know that.
Ever since the release of these games Nintendo has rarely acknowleged that they even exist, and for good reasons. Nintendo will NOT ever remake any of them.
Then maybe somebody else will?

The "Zelda" CD-i games where considerd crap and didn't sell well, nor where they accepted by hardly any Zelda fan. There lack of functionallity and corny cutscenes on top of Nintendo practically shunning and trying to erase them from history make for a good jokes but terrible games, therefor I say no to the idea of remaking these games.
Yeah, but the thing is... a remake wouldn't have the lack of functionality, it wouldn't have those cutscenes. You're thinking of a re-release, a port.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
I would like them to do this, actually.

Not so much because the games were good, but so that those who want to play ALL the Zelda games will have the opportunity. It's very difficult to track down a working CD-i and copies of those games. I'd also like to see BS Zelda, along with the Nelsonic Zelda Game Watch, and the Zelda Game & Watch.

I wonder if you could find an emulator for the CD-i? Its a possibility if you seriously want to play 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom