• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hot or Cold?

Hot or cold? Summer or Winter?

• Summer, hot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Summer, cold

• Winter, hot

• Winter, cold

• Total voters

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
Do you prefer to be hot or cold? Obviously no one likes being either. Probably a more accurate question would be do you prefer Summer or Winter? I put both in the poll, just in case people prefer hot but nor summer.

I just can't stand to be hot. It just makes me feel so uncomfortable so I would rather be cold.

Also, in the winter, the snow is really cool and pleasant. So to sum it all up, I prefer cold weather during the winter.

Last edited:

Ikana

Trollkastel
I cant stand the cold. Where I used to live we really didn't have much of a winter so moving into Canada was a huge change to me. The winters here are freezing and I find myself locked up in a house since neither me or my mom can stand the cold. I prefer to be hot than to be cold but that was because I grew up in a hot climate.

The winter's definitely my pick. While I like the atmosphere of it and everything, I don't really like the cold. That's why I chose the "Winter, hot" selection in the poll. The cold weather isn't good for my fibromyalgia, so I always double bundle up during the winter months. I just like aura of winter or something...whatever.

I hate the heat, above 80 is too hot and 75 is even pushing it. When its cold you can always add layers to keep warm, but during the summer you can only take off so much and still be hot. My favorite type of weather is when there is complete overcast and its dark and raining. Now and then summer is nice to have the sun out and clear skies, but not all the time.

Well I have to say that I hate it when it is hot. Anything around 70 outside is to hot for me. I guess that is because I live in a place that has a 9 month winter, and this past winter, without windchill, the temp was around -30, and right now during the night it still gets down below 30, and for some of last week my town actually got snow.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I don't really like either.

I can't really function or be comfortable in hot weather, it's a horrible sticky heat here which just puts everyone in a foul mood and feels incredibly uncomfortable. There's simply no way for me to be comfortable.

Cold weather triggers Raynaud's Phenomenon so i'm not overly keen on that. Especially since I have yet to find gloves which actually manage to keep my hands warm.

I suppose, i'd choose cold as a lesser of two evils. At least you can be comfortable indoors if nothing else.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Definitely winter. Where I live the humidity is constantly 60%+ (usually more like 70+) with mid to upper 90's for highs in the summer, which is a very uncomfortable combination. Meanwhile you can count the number of times the temperature drops below freezing over the course of a winter on one hand, so it rarely gets cold enough to need anything more than a sweater (at least for me, same can't be said for lots of other people here who bundle up like it's Siberia when the temp gets below 50). And snow & ice accumulations are pretty much out of the question, so there's no snow shoveling or dangerously icy roads to deal with.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I generally like summer more than winter because you can do much more outside (like swimming, grilling evenings etc.) and there's much more sunlight to enjoy. Where I live, it's getting dark at 5pm in winter and 11pm in summer (with DST) - of course I prefer the latter. Plus you can simply go outside without slapping on heavy gear and it doesn't get all wet and dirty when you go back in unlike when there's snow. And I hate icy roads, such a waste of time.
But of course it shouldn't get too hot. My preferred sleeping temperature is around 15°C/59°F and everything above 20°C/68°F is too warm for my room. Last summer there were some weeks during which I couldn't get my room temperature below 27°C/81°F and you have no idea how hard it was to fall asleep. Needless to say I sweated a lot while sleeping (eww) and therefore had to change stuff very often.
Since around mid April, we've been having very nice weather here, with daytime temperatures of 20-27°C/68-81°F and at night 10-15°C/50-59°F, that's warm enough to go swimming etc. outside but still cool enough to sleep. For me it could stay that way all year!

I much prefer the winter when its really cold.
I cannot stand warm weather as my skin burns because im ginger.

To much heat and i start feeling sick.
Any more that ten minutes of real heat and i will go into the shade.

Hot in the summer man! On warm summer days, you can do ANYTHING you want! Swim, grill, take a drive, stay inside with a fan on, watch TV, whatever! In winter your activities are limited.

And a cold day in summer just sucks....

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I LOVE winter and fall. I LOVE being cold. I'd rather be cold than hot. You can put on as many layers as you want when you're cold, but when you're hot you could be naked and still be all hot and sweaty. And I HATE being all hot and sweaty. Which is why I HATE summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom