• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hoenn Actually Confirmed

My week has been totally awful so far. Work on Sunday was busy, and at work yesterday, our water shut off. Seeing that Ruby/Sapphire remakes were announced today just eliminated all of my problems for the whole week. I haven't been this excited since X/Y were released.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
For those of you who may be wondering whether or not these are actually remakes due to the trailer's wording.

Serebii said:
Following its reveal yesterday, there has been some question as to the actual content of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, as to whether they're remakes or new versions due to the wording of the announcement. During the Investor Briefing today, Satoru Iwata confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire. We'll bring more on these games as it comes
Edit @ 15:38: The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon. We'll bring more on this as it comes.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
This is really awesome but at the same time I'm wondering when it will all stop. R/B/Y obviously were well in need of a remake, and it only felt fitting to also remake G/S/C. But R/S/E? I feel like the GBA graphics are good enough that a remake isn't really necessary. I mean for 2d games graphics are coming close to peaking without changing the whole style of the game. What I mean by that is if Pokemon were on the PS4, it would look less pixelated but (hopefully) not much different. So where will they draw the line?
The next games to be released were FR/LG, right? Are we gonna get a FR/LG II? Are they going to remake Diamond/Pearl with gen 7? Because the difference in graphics between gen 4 and gen 6 is not that much. The only differences is they put more work into the cities so they aren't all so bland, and made the people look more like people and less like some weird big-headed alien race. But in all honesty I think even Diamond/Pearl is too good for it to really need a remake in 2D.

I think the only thing is when it becomes impossible (or really difficult, requiring several systems) to trade from Diamond/Pearl to the current generation, they need to do something so that you can get every Pokemon.

With the Friend Safaris, they are already trying to do this, the only thing needed after that are legendaries, which is easily fixable with them being able to have events over wifi (so people outside NY and LA can get them). Just have a monthly event or something. Or, they could have games like Diamond/Pearl on future systems virtual consoles.

Also reminds me, enough with legends that are virtually unobtainable. Really silly and unfair for people who want to play ubers competitively.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
This is really awesome but at the same time I'm wondering when it will all stop. R/B/Y obviously were well in need of a remake, and it only felt fitting to also remake G/S/C. But R/S/E?

The fans wanted it. Gen III is a fan-favorite, and it's still widely considered to be the best today. This also provides Game Freak with the perfect opportunity to introduce Mega Swampert & Sceptile and to reinstate Groudon & Kyogre's permaweather statuses.

Also reminds me, enough with legends that are virtually unobtainable.

How does that even pertain to this...?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
The fans wanted it. Gen III is a fan-favorite, and it's still widely considered to be the best today. This also provides Game Freak with the perfect opportunity to introduce Mega Swampert & Sceptile and to reinstate Groudon & Kyogre's permaweather statuses.
I understand that. Just throwing in my 2 cents.

How does that even pertain to this...?
It was off topic, but it pertained to what I had already said. Why do you even care?

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
MY theories for Mega Hoenn Pokemon.

Mega Sceptile
"In-Game" Mega Blaziken
Mega Swampert
Mega Exploud (This dude is just awesome)
Mega Zangoose
Mega Seviper
Mega Latios/Latias (Like the ones leaked! X3)
Mega Groudon
Mega Kyogre
Mega Rayquaza

Personally, I hope that's as much new ones. I don't wan't anymore, it would be overkill(Like XandY)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom