• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hoenn Actually Confirmed

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
No! This means we can't make those witty and thrilling "Hoenn confirmed" jokes anymore! D:

In all seriousness, this is pretty neat. I wonder if they're 3D remakes of Ruby and Sapphire or if they're all new adventures that are taking place in the Hoenn region. I may try to pick one up if I get the chance.

Just when I thought I'd purchased my final Pokemon game...

Anyway, Nintendo's execution here is beautiful: Develop these games backstage, taking advantage of everything gained while developing X & Y to make the process quick and efficient, while focusing all of the public attention toward X & Y, i.e. the main event. When interest in Pokemon begins to taper as the months go by, announce this to reignite that interest and bring people back. A much more effective use of remakes* than the likes of WWHD (developing it to test the hardware, then trying to pass it off as a full experience in an attempt to keep fans satisfied until the actual full experience arrives), especially so considering a bunch of people have been clamoring for Ruby/Sapphire remakes for ages now.

I'm probably not quite as excited about this as other people are--I didn't like Gen III as much as I or II--but my nostalgia is still moderately intense, so I'll definitely be buying Alpha Sapphire.

*Assuming these are remakes. The trailer was pretty vague.

Last edited:

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
Saw this when I was in SMB. I was kind of shocked and a little disappointed that footage wasn't shown that much. Oh well, then my guess that E3 will be quite satasifying to watch.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'm not sure why the entire fandom went in uproar demanding a Gen III remake when it was practically guaranteed. You don't make a Gen I & II remake and completely skip the third, so thinking that they would skip over Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is a little... I don't wanna say stupid, but yeah, stupid. Never underestimate the Pokémon franchise for a second when it comes to remakes and sequels.

My response to this isn't that great, considering I'm not a Gen III fan (I believe obsessive Gen III fans are just as bad as GenWunners). Will I pick a version up? Of course, I love Pokémon, but will I necessarily be preordering and purchasing unnecessary merchandise? Absolutely not.

I know this is going to be made for the 2/3DS, so I'm expecting a 3D world, but you can never be too sure. I'd like to see how they deal with the possible transition from 2D to 3D once again.

Ganondork

goo
Well time for me to board the nostalgia train. I put 2000 hours into Sapphire, and caught every Pokemon up to Gen III on that save file. I'm letting those Pokemon sink with the ship, though, because I have no means of transferring. I hope that they make an overworld as beautiful as X/Y, too. I'd love to see that.

tumblr_n57ju0yM0L1rzs08oo1_r2_500.png

tumblr_inline_n57mymXuND1rm9lro.jpg

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
YES. ALL THE YES.

This was the very first Pokemon game I ever played and I am thrilled to see it get a reboot! I'm debating whether I should go nostalgia mode and get Ruby, or mix things up and get Sapphire...we'll see, I suppose!

AND its coming out on my birthday month? HAPPEH FREAKING BIRTHDAY TO ME!! :D

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I thought this was a joke at first.

My hype has reached catastrophic heights.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I saw this this morning, but since I had to go to work quick-like I had no time to respond. Anyways...

HOLY FREAKING CRAP YES I AM SO FRIGGING EXCITED FOR THIS!!!! Emerald was my very first Pokemon game I ever played, and it remains my favorite to this day (tied with BW 1 & 2 as well as Y), so I am really excited to see the world of Hoenn remastered in 3D. I am also curious as to where they go story-wise. Is it going to be a simple port of the original games, or are they expanding on the story or making an actual sequel to them? Are there going to be other regions we can explore as well? Are they going to be implementing the Mega Evolutions within the main storyline? Are we going to see the return of the Hoenn Battle Frontier? Most importantly, ARE WE GETTING MEGA SEVIPER AND ZANGOOSE?!

I will wait patiently for these questions to be answered.

Sheik

:the:
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeei

Super stoked. I'm intrigued by the constant mention of the word "new". Hmm. Anyways, I don't have much else to say.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeei

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Ok

So, I skimmed through the thread and I don't think I saw anyone mentioning the designs of Groundon and Kyogre on the box art. :hmm:

Regardless, I may actually get these ones. I never played the originals and so I won't be fussed in paying to play the remakes. However, I won't do so at full price. Not when I can likely get a GBA and copy of the originals together for cheaper...

Gamefreak's track record with going above and beyond remakes is fairly good, however. All the remakes thus far have boasted an incredible amount of additional content, on top of being a complete re-creation of the region in question according to the new hardware that the game itself is on. I see future remakes not having this weight because the next generation in line to be remade, IV, being on hardware that's at least somewhat similar to the current 3DS iterations we have. But a remake on this scale from GBA to 3DS will probably be a pretty grand thing, on top of the implementation of three whole new generations into it.

I do believe I'll pay full price for this game on opening day. I have very fond memories with Sapphire that date back to over a decade now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom