• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread High Voltage Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Rubik Pen
Pika_pika42 Max
Pen Rubik
MorbidMinish funnier
Doc Minish
funnier6 None
ExLight Max
Spiritual Mask Salesman Pen
giri Rubik
Ezlo ???
Max1996ZD Ex
All Might Doc
DekuNut SMS
Moe the Moblin Deku

Ok, so with the updated thingie I think All Might is telling the truth because there are no boosting connecting him to other suspicious players. Although that misunderstanding needs to be kept in mind in case it turna out to be a real slip.

funnier is quite proud of his honesty, so I don’t see why he would lie about him not boosting anyone, so it’s not really a dead end like I was saying D1 (lmao it actually makes three players look better).

With the remaining players, if everyone is telling the truth (and if we theorized the mechanics correctly), then Max/Pika/ExLight, and Rubik/Pendio/SMS or Deku or giri, seem to be the viable scum teams.

I’m clearly not scum, so that should make Max and Pika look somewhat better. I’m fine if yall want to persue lynch me to verify that but I’d rather not, mkay?

I’m Townreading Moe because his plan sounds Towny enough, and his boost vote doesn’t close any circle. Although I’m pretty sure (no, I don’t have mechanical info supporting this) that he’s lying about being a vanilla.

tl; dr
Basically Pen and Rubik seem to be the main scum. I’ll ISO them later, but for now gut feeling says Rubik, so

Unvote
Vote: Rubik
That entire premise falls apart if literally one scum player didn't vote for one of their allies or if scum was given an additional charge.

Also, it doesn't make much sense to rush to lynch people with two charges before the two nights have passed to ensure they've maximized their role usage before getting mislynched. We should have enough cops floating around to catch scum eventually, I'd imagine.

Reads and hard mechanics should be our primary methods of finding scum, trying to break the game with setup speculation seems risky.
He could be lying to make himself appear Town after funnier's flip. In fact, I wouldn't mind testing that theory.

@Rubik Exactly what kind of proof did funnier send you before his opportune untimely demise?
I got a letter saying that he was town aligned.

It's pretty easy to prove I was his target because no one else will counterclaim being targeted by him.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Funnier doesn't need to target minish because minish knows he's town anyways.

Of course funnier is going to try to prove to me that we're finally the same alignment, given the chance.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
That entire premise falls apart if literally one scum player didn't vote for one of their allies or if scum was given an additional charge.
mhm, but like Moe said, I really doubt scum thought ahead of time and decided to "help" Town just to throw us off, so it's a pretty valid method to bet on for now. If either you or Pendio flip Town then we can scrap that method of charging.

As for the extra shots I feel like scum would pick Ezlo or giri because they're newer to the game and wouldn't have experience with the roles. Ezlo fliping Vanilla Town makes me feel better about this not being a thing. They could also concentrate all charges into funnier and kill him, which wasn't the case since he only had one shot.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
mhm, but like Moe said, I really doubt scum thought ahead of time and decided to "help" Town just to throw us off, so it's a pretty valid method to bet on for now. If either you or Pendio flip Town then we can scrap that method of charging.

As for the extra shots I feel like scum would pick Ezlo or giri because they're newer to the game and wouldn't have experience with the roles. Ezlo fliping Vanilla Town makes me feel better about this not being a thing. They could also concentrate all charges into funnier and kill him, which wasn't the case since he only had one shot.
Oh ! That's the strategy behind charging? :ohno::ohno::ohno:

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Oh ! That's the strategy behind charging? :ohno::ohno::ohno:
I misspelled it there, but that's how I intend to use it, yea.
The idea is like: scum would boost scum, town might've boosted scum or town. So we see who voted the confirmed Town players (confirmed via flip or role usage), and "clear" whoever voted them.

We do that until we find groups of people that voted each other and aren't cleared.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I got a letter saying that he was town aligned.

It's pretty easy to prove I was his target because no one else will counterclaim being targeted by him.
Of course funnier is going to try to prove to me that we're finally the same alignment, given the chance.
That's fair I suppose, although it doesn't necessarily clear you. For all I know, you could have gotten the letter but still be Mafia attempting to look good. There's also the chance that funnier chose to not use his shot, but overall this can be chalked up as a hypothesis on my part.

Is charging a reliable method of scum detection in the first place ?
It's not overly reliable and is just a starting point to uncovering contradictory scum movement, but the general play shouldn't change much as far as analyzing statements outside of the "boost exploit" goes. With the right questions, scum tend to make slip-ups that can then lead back to their coven.

@Pendio What do you have to say about Minish's uncertainty towards you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom