• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hero Mode: Is It Worth It?

I'm wondering about doing the Hero Mode in Skyward Sword. I beat the game about a month ago for the first time and I started the Hero Mode, but the only differences I've seen so far are the double damage, lack of recovery hearts, and some changed dialouge. Is there anything new to the Hero Mode (new puzzles, faster upgrades, etc.)? I was contemplating doing a 100% run of the game before I do the Hero Mode. Should I? Any response would be helpful. Thanks!

All your treasures and bugs are carried onto Hero Mode. If you want a greater challenge, you should do it; if you don't, start a brand new file.

I would say that if your looking for something a little more challenging then the first time through then it is definitly worth it. I personally really liked it, andif your afraid of losing what you've done on your first file then copy it so you don't lose everything. But you should really give it a try.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hero Mode is just buffed damage and lack of recovery hearts w/o heart medal. It's hardly a challenge. Dungeons don't change, puzzles don't change, items don't change. You get full upgraded Skyward Strike at start of Hero Mode file. Damage is 2x the normal (meaning you take 2x damage from enemies, not deal 2x). Enemy AI is the exact same.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
You get full upgraded Skyward Strike at start of Hero Mode file.
So, the skyward strike range is like the True Master Sword's, even with the Goddess Sword? I'm so glad to hear it charges instantly with the True Master Sword...slow charging skyward strikes almost made me want to pull my hair out in the Demise fight.

Keeping the bugs and treasures from normal mode was a nice surprise to me. When my wooden shield broke due to an especially persistent octorok/me not being able to shield bash in time, I only had to collect a few more rupees to make the new wooden shield into a banded shield.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ya, even with the G Sword the Skyward Strikes are insta charge if I recall correctly (though you still have to wait for Lightning Strikes during Demise final boss).

I would say do the 100% run on heroes mode. You get the benefit of completing the game to it's fullest, and have the triforce emblem on your file.

Thanks for all of the replies! I just realized after reading the comments that I forgot about the bugs and treasures carrying over and the faster skyward charge time. It seems like it shouldn't be as much of a challenge after all!

I don't really think it is that worth it. It is the same exact play through with just a little more challenging elements to it since you receive double damage. Once you get the Heart Medal it is all back to normal after that.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Nothing much actually. It really isn't worth it. Once you start Hero Mode, you'll find it a bit difficult, but then it gets so easy. If you want a challenge, you could just not pick-up the Heart Containers.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I think it's easier, rather than harder. Since treasures and bugs carry over, you can upgrade your equipment pretty easily.

T

TheRealGinger51

I think that the Hero Mode is just something to keep gamers interested. Whether it has new puzzles or not, I don't know, but it does seem like a fun challenge that you can brag about when you've finished it.

N

Nero1514

i think hero mode is worth it. i mean if your looking for a bit of a challenge by all means go for it

I think it's really weird to talk about whether or not it's "worth it". Bottom line is if you want the extra challenge, then you'll enjoy it. If you don't want that, then you probably won't care for it.

Some people didn't think it was that hard, but I'm pretty sure these are the same people who didn't find the main game hard either. Hero Mode is definitely more challenging, but depending on your skill level and how much you learned and practiced playing the game the first time, it might mostly even out. At the very least you will definitely be using more potions. I thought it was an entertaining mode; I just wish it was unlocked from the start. The Lightning Round is incredibly hard in this mode though.

So, the skyward strike range is like the True Master Sword's, even with the Goddess Sword? I'm so glad to hear it charges instantly with the True Master Sword...slow charging skyward strikes almost made me want to pull my hair out in the Demise fight.
...? You have the True Master Sword during the Demise fight. You're talking about the lightning right? That's completely different from the Skyward Strike's charge time and isn't even time-based; you can charge it whenever lightning strikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom