• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Heart Pieces Will Be in ST!

K

kankki

I found this guide on Amazon, and I saw something interesting:

http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Spirit-Tracks-Official/dp/0307465934

Editorial Reviews
Product Description
• Maps: Maps of all regions to help you guide Link to his new adventures.
• Puzzle Solving: Solutions to all puzzles to help you succeed.
• All heart pieces revealed: Every heart piece will be detailed so you won't miss a single one.
• Weapon details: A rundown of every weapon's abilities, where to find them, and how to use them most effectively. Plus how to best use your Phantom to aid your quest!
• Complete walkthrough: The optimal path to complete the game. We'll show the best way to get through the adventure.

One of PH's disappointments was the lack of Heart pieces, IMO.

P

Psy

Given that it's a description of a Prima guide on Amazon, they could easily be mistaking Heart Containers for Heart Pieces. But only a select few could answer that right now.

I'm really more of a fan of the "heart containers only, but make them more difficult to get" route. Although I can see why others would prefer a plethora of collectibles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megamannt125

Blue Link
It doesn't matter to me, i've never tooken the time to get every single one in any Zelda game except Twilight Princess (the fortune teller tells you where to find them), the original LoZ (heart containers), and PH (heart containers again) I never liked the whole "collect a ton of ___" type of sidequests in Zelda games, so i'd rather heart containers, but then again it doesn't really matter to me, heart containers aren't AS useful as they were in the older games.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
Well thats a good thing, but we still don't know if Spirit Track heart pieces are going to be like Phantom Hourglass heart pieces. I didn't really like how one heart piece was equivalent to four in Phantom Hourglass. It made it less challenging, hopefully there will be more in ST.

I really hope that it is talking about Heart Pieces in this, and not containers. They will give Link more things to find during the game, and maybe even some fun sidequests.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I would wait and see what the game actually ends up having in it, because I have seen a great number of people flip-flop between the use of the term "container" vs "piece". People seem to use both to describe the same thing when not really thinking about it. While it would be nice to have more to collect, I personally am going to keep a wait-and-see attitiude in case this is just one of those common term mistakes.

Also, I'm not too concerned if they don't have pieces as long as there is something to find, similar to the Gems in PH.

Hanyou

didn't build that
The reason I'd prefer heart pieces is because collectibles can be rather thin in Zelda titles and I'd like a hefty number of sidequests. If this game really did have heart pieces, it would be encouraging, because it would suggest a more expansive game than Phantom Hourglass.

We'll see, though. As others have said, this isn't definitive proof.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I found this to be interesting.... especially when I saw it in the interview. I still don't think that's confirmed. I think people say heart pieces and containers interchangeably, even though they have different meanings. I think because of the Official Nintendo Magazine interview, it is likely we might get heart pieces instead of heart containers.

However, it's worth noting... this is what Amazon said about their Phantom Hourglass Collectors Edition.

Hardcover Collector's Edition: Exclusive cover, a matched set with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Collector's Edition guide!
Maps: Maps of all regions.
All heart pieces revealed: Every heart piece location.
Exclusive poster: Large pullout poster, double-sided with Zelda art and map art.
Extra Booklet: Exclusive to the Collector's Edition, a sixteen page story booklet.
Bonus bookmark: Deluxe leather-feel bookmark with every guide.

So as you can see, they said heart pieces, but what was meant by that was heart containers.

M

Mute9

That's a shame. I was afraid when I read "pieces" in ONM's Q&A thing that it might have been referring to "containers", and now that seems likely to be the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom