• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Been Lost Before?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
This was inspired by a Shoutbox discussion.

Have you ever been lost before? I got lost once when I was little, but I don't remember exactly how old I was. It was in an amusement park that was part of a boardwalk in... It was either Rehoboth, Delaware or Ocean City, Maryland. I can't remember which. I was staring up at a roller coaster because I wanted to ride it (this was before I found out I'm not good with roller coasters) but I was told no because I was too little. So I just stared up at it. I don't remember for how long, but when I finally stopped staring at it, I looked around and realized that my parents had walked away without even realizing they'd left me behind.

I started to panic and I ran off, but then I remembered that I was supposed to go find an authority figure if I was lost. And that's what I did. It took a while, but the person eventually helped me find my family. I remember my mom and my aunts crying and hugging me afterwards.

That's my story. Now share some of your stories about times when you were lost.

Luckily I haven't been lost often but one experience which comes to mind is from sixth grade.

We were visiting the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago touring the King Tut exhibit. My chaperone was so slow I couldn't wait for her and the other kids to catch up. I decided to wander off on my own exploring the next few rooms. When I retraced my steps fifteen minutes later, I didn't see my group anywhere. What I did next was pretty reckless... Not wanting to be alone I snuck in behind some couple into an exhibit and stayed with them until the time designated for me to rendezvous with my group. The lady at the booth must have thought I was their son. It worked out for me as the chaperone never noticed I was missing...Why do they hire people like that to watch over children?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I've been lost a handful of times before. From small incidents where I'm an aisle away from my parents, to where I'm two separate buildings away from them. The worst incident I can currently recall is being several yards away from my mom. Being the lost child that I was, a tugged on a woman's jacket thinking it was my mother. Not only was the woman not my mom, but she was several years older than her. I was scarred to death at this point, with tears streaming down my face, but luckily my mom found me and I clung by her side the rest of the day.

octorok74

TETTAC
I got lost once as a child. My parents had taken me to a softball tournament and they let me play at the playground. When I was done playing I noticed my parents weren't there and I got pretty scared. Luckily, there was a cop nearby that I asked for help. He helped me find my parents who were talking to friends at the food stand. They weren't angry at all, but rather happy that I did what they had taught me to do. They thanked the cop for helping me and then we left for home since it was getting late.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
On our jazz band trip to Europe, a small group of us were separated from the pack after midnight our first night in London. This was before cellphones, much less one with an international plan were a thing... We didn't even know what hotel we were in. We made it back eventually, mostly due to lucky deduction, but it was a rather nerve-racking few hours.

Austin

Austin
I've missed several exits while on various interstates and every time I ended up in the same town. I think it's the Twilight Zone.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I got lost at the Renaissance Festival when I was 3 or 4. I don't remember it, my mom just tells be about it all the time. :dry:

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I got lost on my first day of Kindergarten. I was looking for my Mom in a crowd of grown-ups who were looking for their childs. Eventually, I just started crying and my teacher took me to my mom.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I got lost when I was little. I was 5 or 4 years old and my family and I were at an amusement park. My sisters wanted to go to the toilet so all of us kind of accompanied her to the toilet. So when me, my mom and my brothers were waiting for them, I then quickly ran off without any adult supervision.
When my brother knew that I ran off, my mom asked the authorities to find me. Everyone (literally) searched out for me in that whole amusement park, but luckily, when my dad called my mom, he told me I was safe.

as far as I can remember, I've never been lost. I generally stuck by my mom or whoever I was with. I was really shy growing up, and that always made me really nervous around people. Event today I'm the same way, although not as much as I was then. But growing up I had a major fear of being kidnapped or something else terrible happening, so that always made me stick by with whomever I was with.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Once I got lost in the mall. This was just two years ago, by my count.

What had happened was, I was walking my friend out to the door so she could get picked up by her mom (or brother...one of the two). We went through Zales, or maybe it was Dilliards, and everything was white/black (with a few pink and blues from perfume). So, I kinda got dizzy looking around, because everything was the same color, and next thing I knew I was outside of the shop. Well, I was looking for a payphone but it turned out I had no money left; I spent it all on candy and food because we were there for about 3 hours or so.

Frantically looking around, I tried to find my other friend; I had to let her know I had to go as well. Well, I was lost for a good 20 minutes and afraid that I would be stuck in the mall forever. Eventually I found my friend and she let me use her phone to call my mom.

Mom picked me up and woo, not feeling lost anymore! :brow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom