• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Harp-Worst Instrument Ever?

Did you like the Harp in Skyward Sword?

• loved it!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pretty good

• it was ok

• didn't like it

• hated it

• Total voters
I dont really blame them on some ends for not making it like the other instruments in the series, mainly because of the motion plus controls difficulty in playing, and it.... well its a harp!

Song-wise, I really loved the harp. The songs that were played on it during the cutscenes were awesome and gave me goosebumps.

On the other hand, the fact that all it took to play the harp was to strum back and forth was a bit sad because there wasn't much to it. It took me three tries before I got the heart piece at the lumpy pumpkin and even then the "audience" was only mildly impressed by my strumming. Pshaw, as if they could do any better...

GAMERG0D

The Gamer God
I didn't like the harp at all...until I played Ballad of the Goddess. I couldn't beat that one side quest where you had to play the harp at The Lumpy Pumpkin.

I didn't like the harp that much because it wasn't used often and wasn't used well, that was one of the only flaws SS has in my opinion.... the ocarina will always be my favorite instrument !

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I liked the harp. It was fun swinging the wii remote back and forth trying to match the light pulses. It was a little inaccurate at times but not too much of a problem. I really liked the Lumpy Pumpkin side quest where you play along with Kina. I impressed Kina and the audience! :)

The harp really wasn't that great, IMO. It didn't work correctly a lot of the time, and you only played to the rhythm of a magical circle thing. I'm just glad you only had to use it a handful of times.

The harp is far from being the worst and yeah it may not have the same magic that the ocarina has from LA, MM, and OOT. Its still good for what it tries to do and I would say the flutes from LOZ, and Zelda II (seriously the only thing it did was randomly drop the player at a dungeon in an inconsistent order and makes a monster near the river go away:mad:). About the harp being hard to play I get it right every time and I think it must the be the player's errors in controlling that's the problem and not the control setup its self.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Harp was much less engrossing than the Ocarina of OoT/MM, Howling Stones of TP, and the Wind Waker of TWW. I hated the Harp as we couldn't do much of anything with it at all. We can play all sorts of melodies on the Ocarina (granted, you need incredible timing or you need to do a TAS), but with the Harp? We can play...really nothing at all because of how it works. I feel like Nintendo didn't even try with the Harp, it was just there to explain why a certain character uses it in a later game.

I disliked it, but I also hated all of the melodies - to me the harp just didn't sound realistic (too fast, too computer generated). Plus Fi singing and the dragons, blah. (loved the regular musuc though, just not SS's melodies you needed to perform).
The worst instrument to play however had to be Spirit Track's panflute. Trying to blow into the mic, my face up to the screen, going cros eyed to make sure I was blowing into the correct color with the stylus was horrible. At least the harp wasn't difficult to play, though maybe that is part of the issue with it. You really didn't need to care about any of the sounds to play that instrument and it fact (referring to the lumpy pumpkin part) turning to tv to mute seemed to make it easier to complete.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I hated the harp so badly. I dont know if it was just me, but i was just absolutely horrible at that mini-game where u had to play the harp while the girl from the Pumpkin landing would sing. I failed that so many times, the controls were just not easy to control. That was the only part i didnt like about SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom