• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Harp-Worst Instrument Ever?

Did you like the Harp in Skyward Sword?

• loved it!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pretty good

• it was ok

• didn't like it

• hated it

• Total voters
I am so used to being able to play actual notes and I always loved that about the musical instruments. I mean, seriously, the Ocarina is the best! Why couldn't they have figured out a way to allow us to actually PLAY the harp?

Agent B

The King of Hyrule
Why doesn't anyone like the harp, it worked great for me and I always got everything perfectly in rhythm

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
It wasn't really a bad instrument, it just wasn't used in a way that we were all accustomed to. I wasn't really a fan of how it was used, I wish it was more interactive, if that makes sense. It was basically keeping in time with a beat, no notes or making your own songs. It didn't really serve any purpose either besides finding Goddess walls, or to activate something in the main quest. It was similar to the pan flute in Spirit Tracks, but even then it was a bit more fun to play. In Ocarina of Time, the Ocarina had a multitude of uses, besides the main quest. You used it to call your horse, repair a sign if you wanted and warp to various places. Granted, Ocarina of Time had Ocarina in the title, it was meant to play a bigger roll. The harp had a place in the story, but it wasn't as much of a big deal. I would like it better though if it was playing notes instead of just strumming. It's basically just the notes going up and down in a scale, and I don't really remember the songs that well either. It's also really simple, just back and for with the Wii mote. The harp itself I like as an instrument, I just wish it was used a little different.

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
Honestly, I liked the Harp. It was never been used before, (Sheik doesn't count), so I liked it a lot, y'know, like, something new. But it was pretty annoying when there was duet with Kina, at the Lumpy Pumpkin, I didn't manage to keep up with the rhytm at all. But with everything else, I liked it, well, expect for the fact that you don't use it that often in the main story.

Since you have such quick feet, it might be a good idea to run and bash into many things.
- A Link to the Past (SNES)

D

DeusEx404

I actually enjoyed the harp. I can understand why some can't stand it especially if the strumming is a major problem for some people. Thankfully, I didn't have any problems with it. It isn't my favorite instrument, but i enjoyed it... I still think the worst instrument is the Spirit Flute >.>

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
The harp was definitely a flawed instrument, but I still liked it. I thought it made a good sound, and I enjoyed the songs you play on it. For me, it's a nice switch from the Ocarina.

O

omnomz

it was ook but i really wished they could have done something diffrent or just stuck with the ocarina

I dreaded the harp sequences because it would only work half the time. I also wish it was actual notes instead of just the rhythm. BORING

It was ok, but it terms of instrument it has NOOO comparison with our loved OCARINA wich I think is the best intrument Yet in the series

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom