• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Game You're Played?

Dan

So what are some of the hardest games you have played, It's once again time we made our lists and these lists can also contain detail! Oh my...

Super meat boy
Super-Meat-Boy-Level-Editor.jpg

Despite the cutesy visuals this is one hell of a hard game. Well it starts out really easy. Towards the end it just seems impossibly hard, you really need good persecution and skill for this game. If you want a challenge I recommend this fine game.

Anyway I like to leave my opening threads short and sweet, but I'm sure I'll remember more games. :D Now go forth and post your list!

Claire

The Geekette
Ghosts 'n Goblins.. ridiculously hard. The graphics are impressive for it's time, but the game is impossible for me. I wouldn't call it a bad game in the slightest, but it's probably easier to enjoy if you have the skills to beat it. I, however, am yet to get past stage one. At one point I thought I could definitely beat it if I tried hard enough, but there's just no way that'll happen. There are a lot of other super challenging NES games, but this one just makes me want to cry like a little girl.

octorok74

TETTAC
Dark Souls. It is ridiculous. The weakest enemies can kill you if you don't watch out. And it doesn't matter if you have the best armour in the game either, because that really doesn't help to much. And the bosses are just mean. My friend refuses to play it unless he plays co-op.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Is it the hardest game by itself or can it be like an edited level or a hack?

If hardest game by itself: quite possibly Dead or Alive 4. The AI bots are so ridiculously good even on the easiest settings! I'm naturally bad at DoA though, as I never got to get comfortable with the battle system. Aside from DoA4, I would pick any Call of Duty game for the most part. "But you only gun people!" yeah, that's what it looks like. If you're some casual player who isn't any good at the games, you'll think CoD is shallow. But the way you play the game becomes serious work, especially on PC. CoD is so hard :/

If level edits: I once made a level in Delta Force Black Hawk Down. I was in a bunker with a bunch of medics, and everyone on the outside had RPGs. It was the hardest thing ever, but me and my little bro eventually passed it after who knows how many tries. :P

If Hacks: I once made this level edit in Super Mario World...world 1-1 was the hardest thing ever, as bullet bills and banzai bills spawned everywhere. :P

Dan

Oh I'd also like to add battletoads to that list. I can't get past the hover bike level. :'(

I haven't played Super Meat Boy, but I have played the freeware game series that, from what I can see, clearly inspired it: Jumper. (I can't back it up other than circumstantial evidence from how brutally similar they are; the protagonists even look very similar and the one from Jumper is unlockable in Super Meat Boy.) Jumper 1 is one of the hardest games I've ever played. Jumper 2 and 3 are both progressively less so, but they're still rough.

Having not played too many of the legendarily challenging NES games, I'm going to have to go with the original Devil May Cry. I've yet to play the subsequent games, but the original has had me stuck more than any other game I've ever played. It's insanely hard, but never unfairly. It's all about skill. But it's a freakish challenge. xP

Scoby

France
I think AoL is hard game, But very frustrating. Hardest game that is not frustrate me must be Assassin's Creed 1, I had trouble with combat, maybe I just suck I do not know hehe :)

Not saying I haven't played other games besides Zelda, but Adventure of Link takes the cake as the hardest video I have played. That game stresses me out.

Skunk

Floof
This game isn't hard to me anymore, but when I was maybe three or four Kingdom Hearts was the hardest game in the world. Now of course, I have experience in RPG's, but unfortunately my PS2 and KHI disc both broke. Well, I'll just wait for the remakes :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom